It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"F-19" confirmed (cough cough) at Tonopah Test Range

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Branch 226 of the Culinary Labour Union has announced that 2,000 of its members are disrupting F-19 operations at Tonopah Test Range, 200 n.m. north-west of Las Vegas, as well as Strategic Defence Initiative work at the Nevada Test Site, 65 n.m. north of Las Vegas.

www.flightglobal.com...

Every once in a while I do an advanced Google search for pdf files relevant to bases, projects, etc. with no date restriction. Yesterday I did a pdf search for the Tonopah Test Range, which mostly found what I already have. However this page from Flight Global, which apparently was Flight International back in the day, popped up. I did a search on ATS and couldn't find this linked, hence this post. (Plenty of F-19 posts on ATS, but not this data.)

The F-19 has many rumors associated with it. Some claim it was the F-117. Others have different airframe associated with the designation.

The pdf has more detail, somewhat dubious. I find it hard to believe there are 3000 workers at the TTR and Groom Lake combined. Even if there were, I doubt they would all be bussed.

Slinging hash at Groom Lake has to be the best culinary job in the US!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

The interceptor

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

No way. Landing gear at least?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

The interceptor

sorry.... but i know nothing really. so is that a real
plane... so cool if it is ?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The interceptor

Nice drawing. More wunderwaffe design concepts for Russian and Chinese commanders to worry about...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Its a design that comes up most often with the image search. It looks real cool.

My favorite plane ever is the Blackbird

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Did you guys ever hear the ground speed check story?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Did you guys ever hear the ground speed check story?

For the A-12 or SR-71, yes. (I forget which plane. ) Are you implying an aircraft self identified as a F-19?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

SR71 Blackbird. I found a really good story recently. A true story. I was actually going to do a thread about it sometime. I posted it to all my friends on face book The pilots were having some fun on their sled ride doing 1900 knots. The story involves a Cessna, a Beechcraft twin, a Navy Hornet, and the SR71. It takes place over LA international. I laughed my ass off

edit on 31-12-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I heard the one about the alitude check between the military aircraft and some other craft (Space shuttle? SR71). Something to do with Angels.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

the date says 1987 - which begs a very obvious question

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell This one is from the book Sled Ride. The used book is for sale for $300-$400 on Amazon. A new book out of print is $2500

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
We're at the F35... Development is sequential.

Says the 22 year USAF VET.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DickBrisket

Not exactly. It's more complicated than that. Otherwise the F-117 would have been the F-19. They generally try to go in order but there's no requirement they do.
edit on 12/31/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
I heard the one about the alitude check between the military aircraft and some other craft (Space shuttle? SR71). Something to do with Angels.

Teh Sr-71 said altitude check 86 angels i fi remember correctly. thats 86,000 ft.

The shuttle said...2032 angels which is like 2032800ft if i did the conversion correctly.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

Teh Sr-71 said altitude check 86 angels i fi remember correctly. thats 86,000 ft.

The shuttle said...2032 angels which is like 2032800ft if i did the conversion correctly.

That is over 2 million ft. ;-)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Was it this? Hilarious.

Peace.
edit on 1/1/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

Embed not working. Link: www.youtube.com...
edit on 1/1/2017 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

That is over 2 million ft. ;-)

Yep max altitude of the space shuttle is just under 400 miles unless it was to break off and go to the moon. it was a close earth spacecraft and any higher was too dangerous i suspect.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Yep max altitude of the space shuttle is just under 400 miles unless it was to break off and go to the moon. it was a close earth spacecraft and any higher was too dangerous i suspect.

Not so much dangerous as impossible, seeing as it didn't have enough fuel to get out of LEO and couldn't land. It just wasn't designed to go to the moon.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tc2290

Not so much dangerous as impossible, seeing as it didn't have enough fuel to get out of LEO and couldn't land. It just wasn't designed to go to the moon.

unless it was re fueled in space lol,but thats a good reason.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join