It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama makes it even worse right before delivering to Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrain

Bigot

He did all he could to divide America

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

that`s exactly right, most politicians are lawyers and I think that makes them incapable of separating business from politics.
trump is a businessman business is business, he`s smart enough to know not to let politics interfere with good business, it doesn`t mean we want to be your BFF or that we agree with your politics,it`s just business.Only a fool or a lawyer turned politician would let politics interfere with a good business deal.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LumenImagoDei
You guys do realize that this whole debacle is all for show and there is an agenda behind the narrative being pushed right now, right? None of it is genuine, it's just cannon fodder for political hotheads to argue over and lose sight on the real issues.

Yours is the most clear minded response I've read across multiple threads about the allegation that Russians hacked our election.

Only one branch of government benefits from this noise -- the fourth branch: The Deep State.

Tired of sequestration shaving billions from your budget? Create new threat that needs funded, and blame the threat on overseas evil doers.

Tired of push back and limitations on powers of the Patriot Act? Create new threat that broadens power and blame evil doers overseas for the threat.

Hungry for more power and relevance? Hack political entities, spread the information, point finger at evil doers overseas.

The Deep State cares not which party is in power; it only cares about the scope of its own power.

And our "from 10,000 foot above" thinking president may be poised to hand them even more power en route to him becoming a mere "citizen" by declaring our state election systems to be "critical infrastructure."

Obama administration is close to announcing measures to punish Russia for election interference

Obama issued the executive order in April 2015, creating the sanctions tool as a way to hold accountable people who harm computer systems related to critical functions such as electricity generation or transportation, or who gain a competitive advantage through the cyber­­theft of commercial secrets.

... snip ...

And the 2015 executive order was not crafted to target hackers who steal emails and dump them on WikiLeaks or seek to disrupt an election.

... snip ...

Administration officials would like Obama to use the power before leaving office to demonstrate its utility. “When the president came into office, he didn’t have that many tools out there to use as a response” to malicious cyber-acts, said Ari Schwartz, a former senior director for cybersecurity on the National Security Council. “Having the sanctions tool is really a big one. It can make a very strong statement in a way that is less drastic than bombing a country and more impactful than sending out a cable from the State Department.”

The National Security Council concluded that it would not be able to use the authority against Russian hackers because their malicious activity did not clearly fit under its terms, which require harm to critical infrastructure or the theft of commercial secrets. “You would (a) have to be able to say that the actual electoral infrastructure, such as state databases, was critical infrastructure, and (b) that what the Russians did actually harmed it,” said the administration official. “Those are two high bars.” Although Russian government hackers are believed to have penetrated at least one state voter-registration database, they did not tamper with the data, officials said.

Some analysts believe that state election systems would fit under “government facilities,” which is one of the 16 critical infrastructure sectors designated by the Department of Homeland Security.

What power would transfer to the federal government? For starters, if Obama finds a way to shoe-horn state election system oversight under "critical infrastructure," then Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7 empowers the Secretary of Homeland Security to

be responsible for coordinating the overall national effort to enhance the protection of the critical infrastructure and key resources of the United States. The Secretary shall serve as the principal Federal official to lead, integrate, and coordinate implementation of efforts among Federal departments and agencies, State and local governments, and the private sector to protect critical infrastructure and key resources.

Source: dhs.gov

Despite no state election systems having been part of this intrusion by "foreign evil doers," never miss an opportunity to distort, confuse, and orchestrate a power grab.

What's that noise I hear? The slow creep of federal intrusion into state election systems.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: nomoba

So if the MSM, CIA and FBI are correct and Russia messed with our elections and the President Elect is holding the Country in high regards that this is a good thing and Obama bad?

I think half of what made Obama, Obummer is the GOP blocking and politicizing his every move.

If I'm not mistaking is if and it's a huge if Russia did anything all they did was release the DNC e-mails, shouldn't people be more upset at what was in those e-mails that media covered up quickly. I haven't seen one thing that showed the Russian's took control of any voting machines to " mess" with our elections.

Agreed, not a lot of info. Still I think Trump should be handling himself in a more Presidential manner instead of picking sides like a social media argument.

Actually, in my view I'd say Trump is acting Presidential by not supporting obama who did nothing to put an end to the riots after Trumps election. Where was obamas support of Trump then?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think people are mistakenly thinking Obama is doing this to Trump. I don't think that's the case.

I think he is doing these foolish things to US, the American people. He's trying to spite us one last time.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: nomoba

All these years the US has been telling the world how despicable the Ruskies are, and we all bought it. But since the tinternet and all its information literally at our fingertips, we find that it's actually the US that's the biggest secretive lying deceitful criminals on the planet.

For the first time, I see an exiting President blatantly and overtly throwing spanners in the works to provoke a reaction from another super-power by evicting diplomats. I hear this exiting President publicly accuse Putin of various dastardly deeds against America without any proof. The man is prepared to create and escalate tensions that, if it were any other Russian leader before Putin, could bring war upon the citizens of America, only to deliberately leave it for the new President to deal with. It's a good thing Putin is intelligent enough to not rise to it.

I think that Trump, once inaugurated, should invite all the Russian Diplomats back into the country. He can do that, right?

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: enlightenedservant

One could speculate that relations will be fundamentally different, because Trump is an experienced negotiator. Time will tell?

Being an experienced negotiator doesn't mean crap if you don't know the details of the political treaties and policies you're negotiating. He won't even listen to the intelligence briefings which are specifically tailored to show the President the classified details of what's going on in the world at the moment. So how will his "experience" help in this case? Negotiating a nuclear deal that complies with the IAEA, the NPT, and various technology transfers laws (and various military agreements) is vastly different from getting approval to build a building.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: olaru12

Putin got away with anything he wanted with Obama in charge.
King putt also bent over and kissed Iran on both cheeks.
He's a ball gag away from being a total submissive in his foreign policy.

Trump can hardly do worse.

So you defend the guy who's even closer to Putin? LOL What kind of logic is that? Trump's even speaking up for Putin against other Republicans, yet Putin's going to be able to do less under a Trump administration?

I know what putin has done under obamas watch, anything he wanted to do.
I don't know what putin will do under trump and neither do you.
That's not defending trump. I will wait and see.

Also, Trump was elected because he wasn't just another republican.

The double standards are ridiculous. The entire election season was spent with Trump fans speculating on all of the worst case scenarios that Hillary would do if elected, particularly that she would start WW3 with Russia. But now that you won, speculation is no longer allowed? WTF?

And yeah, Trump claims to be a different type of Republican. But Pence is an ordinary Republican, as are Rick Perry, Jeff Sessions, and Nikki Haley (all Republican politicians chosen to be in his administration). And so are Newt Gingrich and John Bolton, who have both been Republican powerbrokers for decades. And so is Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Republican leader of the Senate. And so is Rep. Paul Ryan, the Republican leader of the House of Representatives. If I had to guess, I'd say his Supreme Court nominee will also be an ordinary Republican.

The 2 headed Republican-Democratic beast is simply wearing a mask on one of its faces. Everything else is the same as always.

ETA: Oh & Happy New Year's to everyone.

edit on 1-1-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: banjobrainwhat the heck are you going on about are economy is not great right now unemployment real figures are in the double digits.

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Obama sat by and watched ISIS spread while being more interested in allowing jihadi forces to destroy Syria. He wouldn’t create a real coalition of around 100, 000 troops from many nations and exterminate them quickly, as any real leader would have done, similar to what FDR did in the WWII coalition with Russia to beat Hitler.

Obama’s foreign policy is a disaster because he let ISIS thrive and did nothing.

He should have joined a coalition with Russia to exterminate ISIS .

He was too interested in following the CIA’s sinister plan to destroy Syria AND NOW LOOK WHAT THE DOPE Obama has done: lost everything.

Not only has Russia stepped in and taken over being the major ME power but ISIS is still here and most likely he may have caused Hillary’s defeat and given us Trump.

Obama is a failed president because of that, imo.

edit on 3-1-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join