It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most important discovery of humankind on its way - 2017 update

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
if your clunker curiosity throw in the Sahara desert, he finds on the planet earth is not found life

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
a reply to: elevenaugust

Just in case the potential for super-Earth discoveries in 2017 isn’t enough, NASA’s Hubble replacement, the James Webb Space Telescope, will join the hunt for exoplanets orbiting nearby stars in 2018. This telescope took 20 years and $8.8 billion to build, and it was designed with a view 100 times the size of Hubble’s. Supposedly, it is so powerful that it can detect a bumblebee on the Moon

I get confused with these kinds of statements, I've heard from some of the smarter folk here at ats that the reason they can't get super high resolution pics of the moon and Mars with hubble is because it is calibrated to see things really far away but poor at seeing things much closer. What gives?

Ostensibly, the reason hubble can't image sharper closeups of earth is because of relative motion and tracking limitations. You can read about that here...

What if...

The problem I have with that is the astronauts found an easy solution to counter orbital motion from spare parts aboard the international space station.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
well now is the time life out side earth can be shown .
For most of the world it would be just another reality tv moment .
For a few some thought who are they what do they eat what can we learn .
For a few more a religious crises after all only man was made in gods image Or was he?
For others a reason to beat the war drums .
A week later the world will turn back to what some Government is doing and there favert crises of the week .
Even if a ship landed on the white house lawn nothing much would change .
Aliens are the new god and have even less impact . No point in if they are there or not nothing will change us .
God could talk from heaven and say you have one week to disarm or ill flood the earth a week later you better have a boat .
Aliens could say you have one week to disarm and a week later they could sit back and wate till we destroy each other then just walk in and clam teh earth.
We dont need devils or gods or aliens we are each our own .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
For me anyway, the more mundane finding planets becomes the more it twists the knife of fermi's paradox. I hope to find life, but i don't have much hope for advanced civilizations. Maybe if we can tap into FTL travel I would change my mind.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Without means to get there, how important is another potential place really?

It is very important because it gives us a feel for the rate of habitable planets, and eventually the rate of inhabited planets and the rate of intelligent life, even. It is really mostly important for philosophical reasons. A lot of Christians might see it as damning to their faith if life was found outside of Earth.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I have not read it all but I really loved reading what I read so far. Always been very interested in the search for life and it does seem that we are very close.

Whether close means actually finding life, the disclosure of already finding life or that life shows itself to us all.

Whichever of those 3 scenarios it is, I do think it will be happening sooner rather then later. The beautiful universe for its immense interesting complexities will always amaze me.

Great post friend!

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe we will find life, I am not holding my breath we will visit them in my lifetime. Here's hoping reincarnation is true, that way, next time round I get to see these planets.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

well made OP
but i dont share your enthusiasm... - i dont want móre of this same matrix,
[extending into an endless beguiling empty 'outer space' which is but a house of mirrors]
but to get OUT of it

..i opt for a reversal of this matrix we got ourselves into -
and a literal re-wind to the original situation... just as revelation describes

i deeply hate Their solarplane prison and underworld around us

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The notion of "life on other planets" is a very diabolical mind trick. If a scientist, or other person for that matter, used the language accurately about this issue they would say things very, very differently. That difference would open minds up, but because they insist on speaking in a way that CLOSES minds we are stuck.

The Accepted Science language. "We believe there are planets out there that can support life." This is the mind control theme.

Truth theme: "We believe, we can see through our machines, planets that might support life, if that life was just like our life. If planets support life that is nothing like ours, then we believe that all planets could indeed support life, it would be a life we are not familiar with because we can only reference life on earth. It is nearly impossible for us, using the light receptacles we have created to 'find' life that exists beyond our material reference points at all."

Study the Truth Theme. Notice how the possibility for life in other forms frees the mind. Life as only the form we experience here on earth, plus looking through a glorified eye, limits what you think life is to something visible and looking just like you.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Enough with the discoveries . . . Let's just go to these planets!

If there's a 51% chance I'll survive in outer-space for over a year, I will volunteer myself!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Without means to get there, how important is another potential place really?

Inspiration... conditioning... hollywood takes care of the emotional part of it, prepping us slowly with more and more seemingly realistic scenarios of what could be.

Add to that the detection of something so Earthlike and possible in the nearby neighbourhood, we will soon sharp our thoughts and ideas to fit the need of having to invent transportation we cant yet fathom.

We will want to go there, simply because we feel its necessary and we will find a way to do so because we are that resourceful when properly inspired by the vast potential.

The hardest part will be to say goodbye to our kids or grandkids as they become the first to move to mars or leave the solarsystem :/
edit on 2/1/17 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
I get confused with these kinds of statements, I've heard from some of the smarter folk here at ats that the reason they can't get super high resolution pics of the moon and Mars with hubble is because it is calibrated to see things really far away but poor at seeing things much closer. What gives?

There are many misconceptions going around about the Hubble, and this is one of those. The Hubble can see the Moon or Mars just fine, because they are hundreds of thousands, or even millions of kilometers, away from us. The only problem with the Moon is that it's moving faster than the Hubble can track it for long-exposure images.

Another myth is that the Hubble has super high resolution. In fact, the Hubble's main mirror (which is what determines resolution) is only 2.4 meters wide, and many telescopes on the ground have a much bigger mirror, for example VLT with its 8.2 m mirror. The Hubble's resolution means that when it looks at the Moon it is only be able to make out stadium-sized objects. For Mars, of course, the effective resolution is even worse, because Mars is so much further away.

Hubble Shoots the Moon
Hubble image of Mars

The Hubble's primary job is to take images of very faint space objects, like galaxies and nebulae.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I was hoping for a great recipe that would make us younger. How disappointing.

Yes, wishful thinking.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Ever noticed how it's always a future event on our terms?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

I think that your understanding of the Matrix like reality we find ourselves in, has blinkered you somewhat to the realities which lay beyond it.

The real prison we are in is one whose bars are made of money, maintained by organisations on this planet, whose control over us only exists because we have no place else to go than where they can reach us, and because they have developed mediums of control which prevent us rising up to take our freedom from their grasp.

The PHYSICAL universe, as opposed to the metaphorical and psychological universe however, IS a new frontier, and DOES provide the possibility that one day, humanity may be too spread out, too freely wheeling for any control mechanism to be inflicted upon it in the same way as it seems today. It is large enough that we could become lost in it, in great number. Thats not the case with the planet on which we are living, the confines of this atmosphere. We, as a species, will never have the granularity of familiarity with the universe entire, that we have with this planet, because we will never be able to monitor a large enough portion of the universe in real time, to make anyone living in any part of it as utterly under the thumb as the residents of this planet are today.

Simply put, one of the most fundamental elements of the Matrix you appear to be referring to, is the psychological oppression which can make even the freedom to explore space and time, seem like yet another sham. What better way to hide a marvel, than to make people so cynical that all they see when they look upon it, is another tool of the oppressor. I am afraid to say, that it is no mark of enlightenment to refer to the wider universe, its contents, or the potential that exploring it represents, as part of the control mechanism. It merely means the programming has worked on you too.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

appreciate your response TB
yes i understand the concept of programming

but isnt' what i ment... - i ment a genuine matrix
of which all this so-called 'scientific space exploration' , bombarding people constantly with 'pictures of this solarsystem and whoknows what vague faraway planets again' is PART of the delusion

- What is described,
is that 'our earth is within [their] folded dimensions'
That they use this earth as their Zoo - to feed upon [us]
"they" living in the eastern solarplane Fields,
using their human bloodline hére [canaan] to project to humanity our present 'scientific model of earth within this solarplane' -- which is nothing else as the prisonmatrix

Several spells end with the line "the adamite soul / should remain / ignorant / about [these] things".

having pulled this earth of her original place
and now *this* earth being held in check, locked, by a solarplane
anchored in the stars [comp. orion/sirius and polarstars]
...causing a slow dimension of time [for us] -- but to ús, not to thém.

all of the above directly from the 1000's [!] of egyptian Spells.

..around 1500 BC , they noted "6,400,000 fullblown spirits in the eastern sky" .
Revelation tells 200,000,000 of them will descend to this earth - soon - 3500 y later -
because of their HQ which sustains this matrix will be destroyed.

I know what i 'm telling love -- and i just want to get Out.
with many, many others...
edit on 2-1-2017 by loNeNLI because: text

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
correction,
they dont say ofcourse 'to go present this scientific model'
but "the programming, the mindset" , in general -- just as you mentioned

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

Well surely, a genuine Matrix would be one in which our bodies are suspended in some sort of amniotic analogue, while our minds operate under the assumption that they are not hooked up bodily to a power recovery system, but have bodies which move around a simulated environment which we believe to be real.

If that is what you are suggesting, if you actually mean that in every way there is a genuine Matrix, that I, as a physical being am not sat at this computer, typing a response, but floating in serene ignorance of the circumstances in which my actual body finds itself... well. That certainly would be a rather disturbing state of affairs, not least because I am unaware of any of it, despite the fact that I am a logician of sorts. Although by no means on the level of Sherlockian in insight, I am a sometimes terrifyingly perceptive fellow, and feel sure that were such a thing the case, I would be aware of it, could have discerned it somehow. There would be a disconnect between input and output, certain programming failures would have made themselves apparent by now, in ways a canny observer would have seen for what they are.

Unless you are referring to some other, subtle kind of Matrix. If you could, without any reference to ancient beings, fortellings, prophecy of any sort, or any other esoteric reference of any kind, explain the precise dimensions, mechanisms and infrastructure of what you are talking about, plainly, perhaps I might have a better chance at discerning what you mean by what you say?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

no can do like that love...
- you're asking someone "to describe how to bake that cake but don't mention the ingredients"...

it's not so much some surrealistic speration or dislocation ; the body you [are imprisoned in] is real enough... it's just like a hostile vessel, totally directed from outside, by a million vague thoughts and commands, physical as mental as emotional, which a person falsely claims "are his'" ,
but do nothing else as Drag the poor soul, the essence, from the one dualistic Lie to the other..

sorry OP , won't derange the thread more

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Looking forward to the JWST going online, if it has the resolution you described I'd love to see some high res images of that pesky flag on the moon - just to see if it's still rippling in the wind after all these years

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join