It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it so hard for Most Trump supporters to believe Russia tried to influence our election?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: goou111

Because everyone and their dog hacked into the DNC server and Hillary's server, owing to very poor security.

In addition, Hillary is hated by most in intelligence services, because she endangered so many because of her recklessness.

Ergo, there are many, many possible vectors as to the leaks.

Ultimately, Hillary lost because most could see Hillary's BLATANT FRAUD AND INCOMPETENCE

Russia may have wanted to influence the US elections, but then so did the Chines, or more ominously, the Saudis, far more dangerous but no one talks about them.....

Wow, I didnt think people still had no understanding of the DNC/podesta emails and how they have nothing at all to do with the the clinton server which btw no one has shown to have been hacked nor have any leaks been produced with emails from it.

on november 2,2016 the FBI made a statement saying that they are %99 sure that at least 5 foreign agencies hacked Clinton`s server.

For people that claim to disdain fake news..some folks sure do spread stuff..without excerpts, links or anything..

You saying stuff does not make it true.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

John McCain. Known supporter of the Fascist Saakashvili, Personally endorsed the December 2014 coup in Kiev, Constantly demands military intervention in Syria against the Syrian people.

Those Republicans are utter vermin. The Republican Party no longer belongs to them. Their candidates were decisively routed in primaries.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why is it so hard for non-Trump supporters to believe that the Washington Post,CNN and others are running several false Russian stories a day,that the CIA director is taking on Trump directly and that your nation is in great peril.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: ketsuko

maybe you should ask the republicans who agree with the sanctions. ya know, the ones who've seen the evidence.

The Republicans who believe in stronger national defense have wanted better cyber security on US computer systems also for years and have been ignored ... until now.

As for Republicans like Graham and McCain, you can hardly expect them to stand down after years of wanting to attack anything that moves.

Clearly, something needs to be done about Russia, but Obama's sanctions aren't going to do anything realistic. What we need are a real foreign policy. It's silly to think we're going to stand there and sing kumbaya with Putin, but I think there needs to be some tough negotiations with him too. Obama and his administration have been over matched and outplayed by Putin at every turn.

It's time to let someone else take a shot at it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Indigo5

Assuming you want a real answer?

Everyone is still figuring out what Cyber War means...what is OK and what is not..what justifies hitting back hard and what doesn't. Russia blacked out Ukraine during invasion via the precise same hacking team and even the same code blocks that have just been found to have infiltrated the electrical grid in Vermont..Russia has employed the same political hacking campaigns in little former soviet republics that they just did here in the USA. This would seem the moment to start taking cyber war seriously..

So, I am again asking you ...

We've known about this for years, and we've done squat. All of a sudden because Democrats lost the.

NO.. because NOW it is happening HERE.

Next time it could be the GOP the Russians attack..

Should both parties pander to Putin in future elections?

We hit back when hit...GOP shouldn't be thinking Dems got hit..they should be thinking America got hit. I don't give a crap about this election anymore...I am thinking about the future..dem or GOP ...kissing putins ring in fear of his hackers should not be a campaign staple.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
Why is it so hard for non-Trump supporters to believe that the Washington Post,CNN and others are running several false Russian stories a day,that the CIA director is taking on Trump directly and that your nation is in great peril.

Lol

Where are you posting from again?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I consistently see Russian hacking, which is more than likely something that has been happening for many years, conflated with a specific claim that the Russians gave wikileaks their information. The latter is completely unproven. There is not a shred of evidence to support that theory, so I would assume that's why "most Trump supporters" don't believe it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The most recent false story was about Russian hackers getting into the Vermont power grid,your being set up for a fall,but your so immersed in your paradigm you wont see it coming

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Everyone is still figuring out what Cyber War means...what is OK and what is not..what justifies hitting back hard and what doesn't. Russia blacked out Ukraine during invasion via the precise same hacking team and even the same code blocks that have just been found to have infiltrated the electrical grid in Vermont..Russia has employed the same political hacking campaigns in little former soviet republics that they just did here in the USA. This would seem the moment to start taking cyber war seriously..

We've known about this for years, and we've done squat. All of a sudden because Democrats lost the.

We hit back when hit...GOP shouldn't be thinking Dems got hit..they should be thinking America got hit. I don't give a crap about this election anymore...I am thinking about the future..dem or GOP ...kissing putins ring in fear of his hackers should not be a campaign staple.

It's been happening in the US for years. The Russians hacked 1,000 federal employees a couple of years ago, but nothing was made of it. Only a fool would believe that the famous 17 intelligence agencies we keep hearing about have been sitting on their backsides for years waiting for a hack to happen so they could be called into action.

The media frenzy is entirely explained by the fact the Democrats lost.
edit on 31/12/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The most recent false story was about Russian hackers getting into the Vermont power grid,your being set up for a fall,but your so immersed in your paradigm you wont see it coming

They really believe this stuff is all new.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Yes..Cuz the Vermont Utility Companies and their IT security staff are well known propagators of fake political news...

What was your source again for calling that BS? Where again are you posting from?

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: SaturnFX

I love how the liberal's under Obama became multinational corporation / Military Industrial Complex worshiping Neo-Colonialists. I never predicted that one!

2008-16: Obama is a kenyan and probably harbors positive views of foreign countries that aren't allied to us. He is anti-american!

2016: Trump is a cheerleader for Russia and absolutely harbors positive views of our enemy who has stated clearly its long term goal is to dismantle the US as a superpower and has funded tremendous time and money to achieve these goals.
therefore, Trump is super awesome American.

Do what you want..love the guy, hate him, just be effin consistant in your principles. Spastic mental gymnastics going on on both sides of the aisle...Americans are insane cultists and we should probably be walled off from the world for a few generations.
edit on 31-12-2016 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The Russians,The Mossad and others are sophisticated enough to not leave any trace the FBI or CIA could pick up,the NSA maybe and their head on the 20th of November said the Russians weren't responsible,then on the 26th of November he says they were responsible Id say they threatened him with his job.I have not seen any definitive proof any many of the isps concerned are Ukranian not Russian.

link   
I think they may well have tried to influence opinions ahead of the election, but I can't quantify the level of effect it may have had in that regard. Did they hack the DNC? Maybe, maybe not, but that's largely the Dems own damn fault for not maintaining better security and for leaving a huge trail of nasty email messages that could be exploited. Idiots. If they did hack the DNC, I think you treat it similar to any other instance of foreign hacking in a US corporation, with a a few weak sanctions and that's about it.

Had they hacked the actual voting machines or something, I'd be more concerned about it. Aside from the possible DNC hack, which again, was deserving of some level of sanctions, I don't see the rest of it as being any different whatsoever from the rest of the foreign opinions, articles, and general BS that we see flooding message forums, questionable 'news' sites, etc.

link   
"Obama's reckless attacks on Russia serve as recruitment tool to create more Russian hackers"
-The People's Cube

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

how are you sure that they haven't been doing something about it?

here's another theory to run through your head...
they've been doing things to combat it...
but the hackers, well, they do seems to always be a few steps ahead don't they?
and they know they are fighting a losing battle. so, well, the dems, being the political parasites they are, allow the hacking of the sites, and weather or not russia was involved, well, they just blame them for it...knowing full well the republicans, another group of political parasites will get all defensive and trump will put into a position where he just about has to defend putin or admit that the election that gave him the office will be seen as invalid...
so, well... if my theory is true... which it quite possible might not be...
then we can expect the mother of all cyber attacks sometime between now and the end of the first year trump is in office. and the republicans, specifically trump, will be set up to take the blame, and the dems will be looking like roses, since they did warn us all about this.. only half of us will have written it off as fake news... and most of us spent our time arguing with each other over weather or not there was any hacking and did nothing to prepare.

the election is over, we all need to accept that trump won, trump needs to stop being so defensive and actually listen to those in our gov't involved in the national security and possibly accept that russia isn't the friend he thinks he is..
which, he more than likely won't do as long as half the population is focused on weather the election was hacked or not.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

RNC says they tried, but the RNC has long supported stronger cyber security. I guess they practice what they preach. (I used the Blaze because it links to the Wall Street Journal for a primary source; last I checked, the WSJ is still not fake news.)

Russian hackers tried — and failed — to hack into the Republican National Committee’s computer system using the same methods they allegedly used to gain information from the Democratic National Committee, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday. But while malicious emails sent to the DNC and intended to breach the party’s system were successful, an email filter designed to detect messages of that sort protected RNC staffers from prying eyes.

The RNC took the extra step of using filters to sort out emails of the sort that caught John Podesta because of a staffer error.

So the DNC was a victim of its own refusal to take cyber security seriously.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
the election is over, we all need to accept that trump won,

Ya dont say!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: goou111

originally posted by: M5xaz
a reply to: goou111

Because everyone and their dog hacked into the DNC server and Hillary's server, owing to very poor security.

In addition, Hillary is hated by most in intelligence services, because she endangered so many because of her recklessness.

Ergo, there are many, many possible vectors as to the leaks.

Ultimately, Hillary lost because most could see Hillary's BLATANT FRAUD AND INCOMPETENCE

Russia may have wanted to influence the US elections, but then so did the Chines, or more ominously, the Saudis, far more dangerous but no one talks about them.....

I agree. It just seems like some Trump supporters take it personal when they accuse Russia. That is what I dont get.

I really don't see it as that at all. It seems the vast majority are trying to ask why the messenger is being targeted, when the message is what did the damage? Hacks happen all the time. If we put sanctions and banished diplomats over hacking, the world would be isolated and no individual countries would allow contact with each other.

Can you explain what the Russians actually did to influence the elections, aside from the possibility that they presented Assange the e-mails? (Which Assange himself denied vehemently)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

hey I can accept that he won and still not like him much....

but if that is all you can say, then I guess I'll be moving along because quite frankly,
ATS has become a cesspool.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join