It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autism Ears

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
To my understanding, the fault lies with people and modern ideals.
Something that looks, smells and behaves like a human, should be considered one, even though they arent..

Adapting to a social environment, with repetition. And an ongoing trauma in the hippocampus and the synaptic system makes them unable for a normal development. Mimic a behavior that surges a dopamine in the brain chemistry..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: tikbalang
a reply to: Annee

Your concept of Autism is extremely narrow.

Unfortunately its not..

Yes, it absolutely is.

What makes you an expert?

Raising one does not automatically make you a pro.

How about being one (adult ASD), and raising one? I can see where Anne is coming from here (for once). Maybe she's a little harsh, but people on the spectrum still live in a broader social network that their survival may be dependent upon. We can either try to prepare ourselves and our children on the spectrum to function within it as much as possible, or leave them forever dependent upon family that may not always be there and therefore vulnerable.

As far as the auditory processing issues my daughter has issues with this, but we were able to teach her coping mechanisms early on. She still gets frustrated when multiple people are talking though.

As an aside, autistic people love it just isn't usually quite what people expect. I'm kind of a No Touchy person; and in a cruel twist, the more invested emotionally I am in a person the more touching becomes... too charged for me to handle. This can be tough on relationships. My husband is very understanding, but there were times he was very hurt by this, and it took professionals to explain it in a way he understood.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Autism isn't a disorder. It's a way people are. People are different, they're not all the same. People have different strengths, weaknesses, aptitudes and interests. But since we're so disconnected from our true selves and since we are so hell bent on making sure that everyone is the exact same as everyone else we make sure to ostracize anyone that is different.

As someone on the spectrum when in the 70's no one ever HEARD of autism. what say you about those who are non-verbal or violent? Where do you stand insofar as Deaf parents denying cochlear implants for their children under the same claim of "not a disability?"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

I believe the best way to actually cope with ASD is to be honest, give them a set of characteristic traits, enforce and reward it..
I believe those tools are sufficient in society, instead of teaching them to mimic behavior, just so someone can say;" Look here is my Grandson, he has Autism, but i did a great work! " I know autism, cause i raised autistic children..

"Well, you taught an autistic child to be a soulless copy of yourself", if someone consider that an achievement.. Well im speechless..

They are far from human, and they will never be human, but they can show human like tendencies..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

You are the most narrow minded individual I have seen on ATS. Possibly even outside of this forum as well. Every human is capable of love autism or not. Saying they mimic feeling such as love is possibly the most idiotic statement I've ever read. Whoever is teaching you. Whether it be google or some half cocked professor I'm not sure, but either you're reading biased material or your professor has limited knowledge.

Or you have autism, and you feel you mimic your feelings because in reality your a sociopath not autistic.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I always forget how difficult fact is for some, looking at your child with a doubt in mind, not knowing if he feels something deep inside or just smiles back at you cause you provide the food on the table..
Knowing that he will never have a soul, no matter how much hope and time you put in..
There is nothing wrong with autism, the problem are the people around them thinking they are just like any other..
--
Nothing wrong with my teachers,they are honest hard working people who keeps most of the hurting truth from society, just so you can go around living on hope.

If im a cold SOB? Most likely, but thats mostly cause i dont play around..

Thats me relating to you

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Fact? Do you spend time with autistic children/adults? Or let me guess everything you've learned about autism has been in the last few weeks, and now you're an expert? Did I hit the nail on the head? Thought so. Take your garbage away from here sociopath.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

No, not really. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just dont make it into fact.

I studied Autism for i think a month now, if i am an expert.. No, i dont work with it, but.. There are professors out there who offers a hand with an expertise..

If i am a sociopath, most unlikely.. But you do have to study why i am not a sociopath.. Common people makes a big mistake when trying to grasp that nature of disorders..

I didnt say Autistic people dont feel anything, i said they cant love...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

No sociopaths can't love...... Autistic individuals are very capable. Just as animals can love. Have you ever experienced any of this garbage you're spewing? Again I'm going with no. Get some real world experience, and then write your paper. Google in this aspect is making you look like a nut job with limited knowledge on the human brain, autstic or not.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You think the human brain is complex? It's an orgie of dopamine and synapses.. state fact not your subjective opinions like they are fact

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I have worked with autistics and aspergers on a daily basis for 23 yrs. I have seen all aspects of the spectrum. There are some children whom appear to not show love but that is only because they haven't the skills to express emotions. That doesn't mean they are exempt from the feelings of love. A lot of Autistics have behaviour problems because of the lack of emotional understanding, feelings of frustration, unable to identify how they are feeling and what the feelings mean.
Noise sensitivity can be helped by wearing ear defenders. Those children who wear them, that I have worked with, function better with them and focus more.
I have never, in my field of work, ever seen mimicking of human behaviour by an autistic. Some autistics learn behaviour at an early age due to survival tactics, manipulation to gain attention whether negative or positive, lashing out, screaming, selective mutes, all sorts of dimensions and ranges. They are born with this, so from birth they are trying to manage a confusing array of dysfunctional abilities. I have worked with the violent, challenging and severe. I have worked with the high flyers, the intelligent and the serene. And I can tell you now I have been loved by all of them. They show it in their own way.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Do you think your cat loves you or are you feeding it?
Dog? Do you know how memories forms in the brain?

Stop with opinions and assumptions, state facts

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

Did you have a high functions ASD?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Very much so yes. I'm delighted you are studying autism, it is a fascinating subject. I have been interested in the disconnection of neurons in the brain and how by helping children to cross the mid-line of their body increases the connectivity from left to right of the brain. Also the autistic rock pushes Cerebrospinal fluid up the spine to get a brain rush, same as spinning. Hope you investigate more. Good luck

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
I can see where Annee is coming from here (for once). Maybe she's a little harsh, but people on the spectrum still live in a broader social network that their survival may be dependent upon.

Yes. What may sound harsh, is lifesaving.

I am probably on the Spectrum. I always felt like I got dropped on on the wrong planet. Always felt like I was standing on the edge of a circle watching everyone else inside interacting and being "normal".

I wish I had been forced to focus on certain things for short periods of time - - just so I'd know the difference. So I could "perform" as an adult when I needed to. I did, eventually, on my own out of shear force of will.

What I teach my grandson is there are different worlds. There are behaviors and functions within these worlds. That he can choose to focus on these social and work behaviors for periods of time. Then come out of them to where he is most comfortable in his own world.

Indulging him to only live in his world does him no favor. I know.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

What works for one, does not work for another.

You should paint these words, your words, on your wall.

P

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

What works for one, does not work for another.

You should paint these words, your words, on your wall.

P

You wanna express that to other posters in this thread?

This is not the first time you've chosen to single me out.

edit on 30-12-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Autism isn't a disorder. It's a way people are. People are different, they're not all the same. People have different strengths, weaknesses, aptitudes and interests. But since we're so disconnected from our true selves and since we are so hell bent on making sure that everyone is the exact same as everyone else we make sure to ostracize anyone that is different.

I disagree.

I believe it's an evolutionary misstep or dead end and needs to be addressed before we can move forward as a species.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: sussy

How many of your kids were left handed?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Autism spectrum is mainly a male disorder

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join