It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Politics of "Leave Me the Hell Alone"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
While some in my life call me a liberal and some call me a conservative I am basically neither. I call my politics that of "Leave Me the Hell Alone".

On the surface the fact that I am pro-legalized pot, pro-choice and pro-gay marriage gets me called a liberal by many in my real life, the fact that I put little priority on these things because I don't use drugs, am not gay and am not female gets me called conservative here

In truth I just like to be left alone. I don't need or want government interfering in my life. I don't bother anyone in my real life and I expect the same in return.

Now for me I find l liberals tend to want to meddle with my life more than conservatives, but republicans can be just as bad sometimes. My leave people alone attitude extends to U.S. policy around the world. Just leave people and countries alone

So while to many I might seem contradictory or complicated I am really not. Don't mess with my gun rights, don't use your concern for whatever cause be an excuse to expect MY participation in your scheme to save the world and keep your dirty hands out of my wallet.

So, do you and "leave me the Hell Alone".

Please and thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Absolutely. Totally. Positively. Agree.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
..i ve looked for the YT vid "the politics of dancing"
but is scrubbed...

edit
only this one - but that aint the scrubbed one..

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-12-2016 by loNeNLI because: edit

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I am a longtime member of the LMTHA group and I endorse this message.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: loNeNLI

This?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
How do you feel about databases for people who have done nothing wrong but pray to a different deity?

Let's see how strong your convictions are for other people.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I couldn't agree more. If you decide to start the 'Leave Me the Hell Alone' party, I'll gladly sign up for it. I've been an unofficial member of it for years.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
How do you feel about databases for people who have done nothing wrong but pray to a different deity?

Draw a cartoon of that deity for experimental purposes and see why there needs to be a database.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I am against all databases as a matter of principle. I hate the idea of being listed, categorized and sorted.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

So while to many I might seem contradictory or complicated I am really not. Don't mess with my gun rights, don't use your concern for whatever cause be an excuse to expect MY participation in your scheme to save the world and keep your dirty hands out of my wallet.

Unless you're living off the grid, I assume you pay taxes, in which case their 'dirty hands' are very much in your wallet

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: loNeNLI

This?

no... was a clip with witch-like hilary laugh... - nuclear scenes... "patsy ahmedinejad".. it was frkn gorgious.. for all when played loud... ; )

its scrubbed
im so sorry

this remained of it
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I am against all databases as a matter of principle. I hate the idea of being listed, categorized and sorted.

Star for you.

Btw I agree with everything your OP said, just wanted a little clarification on that topic.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Draw a cartoon of that deity for experimental purposes and see why there needs to be a database.

Thank you for that post. I know I know... it's a rational stance so will be screamed down with "Religion of Peace you xenophobe"!! but if I could give you more stars I would.

To the OP... S&F and my thoughts as well.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There was a draw Muhammad event last year and only 2 people out of all 3million American Muslims turned up to be violent.

But your true light shines in the quest for more freedom.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

To be fair, a database is unnessecary. Innocents should be left alone. But blaming others for restricting freedoms when it is actually members of your own group who is the biggest culprit of oppression, is absurd.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Like the freedom of those who want to go Christmas shopping in Berlin, or those who want to see an Elton John concert without fear of being blown to bits by nail bombs?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It's crazy, right?

They'll kill us if we draw a picture of (their) [God].

We'll kill them if they refuse to bank in [US] dollars.

Politics is so complicated.

edit on 30-12-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's twice you've tried to drag me away from my original question.

Which was answered well enough.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove by going off on tangents so I'll just leave you alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

My apologies.

My point is that freedom comes with responsibility. Those of the Islamic faith have proven to be irresponsible in that regard.

To remain on topic, leave us alone.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'll happily join the "Leave Me Alone" party!

Oh wait... I forgot I promised myself to never join any group that would have me as a member... so I'll support you in word and deed instead!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join