It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN runs fake news story about Russia closing American school as retaliation is a LIE!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

CNN, one of the media outfits that regularly complains about “fake news,” ran a fake news story of its own when it claimed that Russia was closing an Anglo-American school in Moscow as retaliation for President Obama’s sanctions. “Russian authorities ordered the closure of the Anglo-American School of Moscow, a US official briefed on the matter said. The order from the Russian government closes the school, which serves children of US, British and Canadian embassy personnel, to US and foreign nationals,” reported CNN. However, Russian Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova responded swiftly by denying that the school had been closed.

“US officials ‘anonymously informed’ their media that Russia closed the Anglo-American School in Moscow as a retaliatory measure,” Zakharova wrote on her official Facebook page. “That’s a lie. Apparently, the White House has completely lost its senses and began inventing sanctions against its own children.” Zakharova accused CNN of spreading “false information citing official American sources”. The misreported story is an embarrassment for the network, which has run a series of articles over the past month complaining about so-called fake news.

Russia’s actual response to the sanctions was to propose that Vladimir Putin declare “31 employees of the US Embassy in Moscow and four diplomats from the US Consulate service in St. Petersburg as persons ‘non-grata.’” However, Putin later rejected this measure.
Meanwhile, in a related story, a senior U.S. official told Reuters that President-elect Donald Trump could reverse Obama’s executive order once he takes office and allow the 35 expelled Russian officials to return to America.

LINK

Once again we see the news media supporting OBAMA and his lies.

CNN tries to twist the news once again.

I ask those CNN supporters to change the channel!

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It's only Fake News when it reflects negatively on the Democrats, haven't you realised that yet?

edit on 30/12/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Controlled News Network, Cartoon News Network, Clinton News Network..

Ever since they passed that law that allows propaganda, we've seen the bull# being flung at insane speeds.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Putin didn't bite and they are mad

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Link to school website

MESSAGE FROM THE DIRECTOR
Ian Forster | [email protected]

Dear Parents,

I am sure that by now you will all have heard and seen reports coming through the media stating that the Russian authorities have closed the Anglo American School, Moscow campus. Senior Russian officials have refuted this story.

The school is planning to open as scheduled following the New Year break.

Please be assured that our primary concern remains the welfare and education of our students.

We will keep you updated through e-mails, postings on our website and if it is urgent through SMS.

Best wishes,

Ian Forster

Director

Anglo American School of Moscow and St Petersburg

Infowars is spot on here. Just more lies from CNN.

CNN should have criminal charges brought against them. They regularly publish Pro-terrorist propaganda about Syria and their overall reporting on events is about as reliable as Der Stürmer
edit on -060011am12kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

edit on 30-12-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer
To be fair, they may have been caught up in the confusion caused when Russia changed its own story.
The "Russian retaliation" story apparently originated in "recommendations" from the Russian Foreign Minister.
The Russians allowed that story to run for a few hours, and then the "recommendation" was ostentatiously overruled by Putin himself. Genuine disagreement within the Russian government, or just "political theatre", a bit of "good cop/bad cop"?
The story you quote comes from the first stage of this Russian publicity operation.

I think the change took place at about 1.00 p.m. GMT. From an American viewpoint, the middle of the night.

edit on 30-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Everyone is so quick to scream "fake!,fake!" and come running with the pitchforks. Putin changed tracks and surprised us all after his man came first and spoke of equal retaliation. End of big bad media conspiracy. Do your research before YOU promote fake stories.

I actually think Putin was counting on folks going down that knee-jerk uneducated American road! Putin is going to play Trump and the American people like a trumpet and Trump's ego, in the end, will jeopardize us all. Who makes comments on foreign policy on Twitter without FIRST getting the full briefing? And isn't even sworn in yet? An egotist dictator, that's who. At least he finally agreed to have a briefing next week. I hope our Congress can control him before he does too much damage.

Btw, he is p*ss* for wanting to allow another country to come in and mess with our cybersecurity. "Move on!" My foot. And for supporting Israeli aggression... geez. Trump will eventually be put in a place where he can't eat his knee-jerk, dim-witted, innacurate words and we will pay the price. All while the masses are screaming ,"Fake! Fake!" or "Liberal Liberal!"

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeBoo
Everyone is so quick to scream "fake!,fake!" and come running with the pitchforks. Putin changed tracks and surprised us all after his man came first and spoke of equal retaliation. End of big bad media conspiracy. Do your research before YOU promote fake stories.

I actually think Putin was counting on folks going down that knee-jerk uneducated American road! Putin is going to play Trump and the American people like a trumpet and Trump's ego, in the end, will jeopardize us all. Who makes comments on foreign policy on Twitter without FIRST getting the full briefing? And isn't even sworn in yet? An egotist dictator, that's who. At least he finally agreed to have a briefing next week. I hope our Congress can control him before he does too much damage.

Btw, he is p*ss* for wanting to allow another country to come in and mess with our cybersecurity. "Move on!" My foot. And for supporting Israeli aggression... geez. Trump will eventually be put in a place where he can't eat his knee-jerk, dim-witted, innacurate words and we will pay the price. All while the masses are screaming ,"Fake! Fake!" or "Liberal Liberal!"

Well, the story was, that Russian authorities had closed the school. They had not. They never had. They did not close the school and then decided against it after all.

At least there is no evidence for that.

According to the story on CNN the info comes from an unnamed U.S. official. CNN did not get a statement from the school, did not get a statement from Russia and did not get a statement from the white house.

They just had "a source". Who apparently was wrong.

Also: The story is STILL up at CNN.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux
Ummmm not so much. First, Infowars link is still up with this. Second, CNN reports on the ORDER to close the school -- not that it was closed. This was said on Thursday. There was a change of track by Putin after the Russian guy spoke. The time of the article is "Updated 0901 GMT (1701 HKT)." Here is the link:

"Russia's first visible action came later Thursday, when Russian authorities ordered the closure of the Anglo-American School of Moscow, a US official briefed on the matter said. The order from the Russian government closes the school, which serves children of US, British and Canadian embassy personnel, to US and foreign nationals.
The order also closes access to the US embassy vacation house in Serebryany Bor, near Moscow."

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BeBoo

Except the school isn't closing.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Will Snopes repudiate it and will Facebook flag it as fake news..?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
Putin didn't bite and they are mad

Yeah the heII they are, lol!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Right-o! Putin did an about face on the expected tit-for-tat response. Catch up!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I heard about this school closing earlier today. I am glad you posted this info informing us that it is nothing but more CNN bullsnip.

My first New Year's Resolution: DO NOT watch CNN at all...ever! (It comes standard with my cable package...I have to pay extra to receive Fox News. I wish it were just the opposite because I definitely wouldn't pay a penny to have CNN.)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Even Politico picked up the story, naming CNN as it's source.

Such poor journalism these days, it's sad that's the norm.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

A change by Putin does not mean the initial reporting is fake news. The ministry guy may have ordered it; Putin did an about face and invited American kids to celebrate Christmas--surprising us all. Look at the time stamps. What is fake news is this thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Silly ol' CNN.
Does anyone with half a brain still take them seriously?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Do the Liberals commenting on Trump's twitter feed count?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
It's only Fake News when it reflects negatively on the Democrats, haven't you realised that yet?

hahah
No fake news... are when its FAKE news

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join