It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uber driver reports suspicious behavior. His passengers now face child sex charges.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
A Uber driver helped stop a 16 year old from being a victim. His quick wits help catch 2 women who were arrested on pimping and pandering charges. Seems like there should be more charges than this.?

The quick thinking of an Uber driver in his second month on the job helped police save a 16-year-old girl and led to the arrests of two women on pimping and pandering charges.

In a drive that took less than 15 minutes, Uber driver Keith Avila first noticed the girl in the front seat — who he took for 12 years old —was wearing a very short skirt that did not seem age appropriate, he told KCRA in Sacramento.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

The Uber driver heard an odd conversation coming from the back seat during the 15 minute ride. The 2 women in the back seat talked about patting down, asking if he has any weapons, getting the donation, get the donation first and we need this money. The other passenger who was sitting in the front passenger seat looked scared and had a skirt that looked too short.
The Uber driver called the police, and sure enough he was right, there was something going on. The police went to the drop off address and sure enough pedo charges.

First thing you want to do is ask: Do you have any weapons? When you’re hugging him, just ask, do you have any weapons? Pat him down. Pat him down while you’re hugging him. Get the donation, first. Before you start touching him, going in there, get the donation first,” Avila said the women in the backseat told the girl.

“We need to make this money. We need to make this money,” Avila told CBS Sacramento.

Avila said he dropped his three passengers off at a hotel and then called police. Elk Grove police credited him with the tip that led to the arrests of Destiny Tenaya Pettway, 25, and Maria Westley, 31. Both are from Sacramento.

The girl in the front seat is a 16-year-old who had been reported as a missing person, the Sacramento Bee reported.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Thank God those two women are complete idiots and used Uber to get to the scene of the crime and openly discussed it in front of the driver. He's surely a hero for taking action and not doing nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Bless this man's heart and courage and sense of responsibility to his fellow man (or girl as the case may be).

I am so disturbed that these pimpesses felt comfortable even discussing such things so openly. They're obviously dumb as rocks, but did they really think that no one (in particular the driver) would care? That he would just let it slide? Or do they think they're invisible? I guess I'm glad they did, since it got them caught, but WTH were they thinking???

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

It's good that the "pimps" were incredibly stupid.

Wonder if this girl is a runaway or a kidnapping. She was reported missing, I imagine there is a story there too.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm glad for that young girls sake that he was observant and proactive.

Now i hope she truly is saved and will stay away from that dangerous lifestyle.

-Alee

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Just a question for clarification.

This involves a 16 year old. How does that make it "child sex" and paedophilia as declared by the OP?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

We will never know the whole story of how the 16 year old arrived in that Uber ride.

But I agree with you, I hope this opens her eyes to what the world can be like. I hope her home life wasn't abusive, casuing her to run away.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Bless this man's heart and courage and sense of responsibility to his fellow man (or girl as the case may be).

I am so disturbed that these pimpesses felt comfortable even discussing such things so openly. They're obviously dumb as rocks, but did they really think that no one (in particular the driver) would care? That he would just let it slide? Or do they think they're invisible? I guess I'm glad they did, since it got them caught, but WTH were they thinking???

I don't know about Uber drivers, but way back when... Oh 97ish, my aunt, who is a math teacher, had some students who were in some competition that happened to be in the city I lived in. They crashed with me for a few days.

A used a cab to take us to a sight seeing destination in the early hours, so it's me and all these high school girls and my aunt. Dude straight up asked us if we were prostitutes, like it wasn't even a thing to have 15 year old sex workers and maybe he was interested kind of thing. These were fresh faced girls from Montana, and I was only 20 at the time and I've always been small, so I get mistaken for younger than I am.

My aunt came unglued. It was epic. I think drivers probable see a lot of this and look the other way.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am an Uber Driver and this story popped up in one of the Uber Groups that I am a member in on Facebook the night it occurred.

The charges are (or at least were) much worse than what the article in the OP has stated.

According to this article...

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KCRA) —
An Uber driver who suspected child sex trafficking might be taking place in his vehicle reported it to police Monday. He said the signs were obvious and he couldn’t stay silent.

FAST FACTS:

* Uber driver thwarts child sex trafficking
* Crisis intervention agency WEAVE hails Uber driver, encourages public to look for similar signs
* Two women sit in jail, with each one’s bail set at more than $500,000

Source

Unless the charges have since been reduced they were charged with human trafficking (of the child sex variety).

I hope they both get the book thrown at them...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

A used a cab to take us to a sight seeing destination in the early hours, so it's me and all these high school girls and my aunt. Dude straight up asked us if we were prostitutes, like it wasn't even a thing to have 15 year old sex workers and maybe he was interested kind of thing. These were fresh faced girls from Montana, and I was only 20 at the time and I've always been small, so I get mistaken for younger than I am.

My aunt came unglued. It was epic. I think drivers probable see a lot of this and look the other way.

Wow! Wish I coulda been a fly on the wall. I'd probably go ballistic on the guy too! I'll just have to live vicariously through you I guess...

I'm definitely old enough to know better, but this still just shocks me. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could turn a blind eye, much less be involved in it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

That's what I thought, how in the world can there only be the two relatively minor violations. I would think these 2 peaches will have fun in prison, not jail, for years and years.
edit on 30-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Damn missing person..

Who knew all this crazy sh#t was going on..

(post by Necrobile removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

We are a country of laws, if she is 16, nail the 2 super genius pimps and put them in prison.

I don't think the question was asked becasue the person is a pedo. Very good question about age, what ever the law is though, they broke it.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Just a question for clarification.

This involves a 16 year old. How does that make it "child sex" and paedophilia as declared by the OP?

Im sorry what?

How can, under the circumstances, you even ask a question like that?
1. She ended up being a missing person.
2. It was human trafficking, age doesnt make a difference.
and finally...

Why the hell would you be stuck on her age given all the other information? I find that a very very odd thing to home in on....

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Necrobile

We are a country of laws, if she is 16, nail the 2 super genius pimps and put them in prison.

I don't think the question was asked becasue the person is a pedo. Very good question about age, what ever the law is though, they broke it.

I would think if she wasnt, then obviously they wouldnt be charged in it........

Regardless shes still a kid.......unbelievable

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

There are statutes that break down the violation with age in mind. Make no mistake, this is illegal. And the 2 "pimps" will do hard time for the things you mentioned.
Simply asking a question related to age in this doesn't make someone a pedo.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Because paraphi appears right.. it appears to be human sex trafficking not pedophilia.
edit on 30-12-2016 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

There are statutes that break down the violation with age in mind. Make no mistake, this is illegal. And the 2 "pimps" will do hard time for the things you mentioned.
Simply asking a question related to age in this doesn't make someone a pedo.

never claimed that?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join