It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to expel diplomats in tit-for-tat retaliation against US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: multichild

This also takes all the attention away from the investigation into Hilary's wrong doings

Divert! Divert!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hold the phone

Russia will not expel anyone in response to U.S. sanctions, Putin says

President Vladimir Putin said Moscow would not expel anyone in response to Washington's decision to throw out 35 suspected Russian spies and sanction intelligence agencies it believes were involved in computer hacking in the 2016 presidential election.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov earlier proposed expelling 35 U.S. diplomats after outgoing U.S. President Barack Obama ordered the expulsions and sanctions on Thursday.

But Putin said he would wait for the actions of President-elect Donald Trump, who will take office on Jan. 20, before deciding on any further steps in relations with the United States.

"We will not expel anyone," Putin said in a statement on Friday. "While keeping the right for retaliatory measures, we will not descend to the level of 'kitchen', irresponsible diplomacy."

edit on Fri, 30 Dec 2016 08:24:38 -0600 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Just waiting for our illustrious, Nobel Peace Prize winning, upstanding President to launch a nuke...

Putin is no fool. He'll keep his head. January 20th the embassies will be back, there will be talks between America and Russia, we'll institute new cyber-security measures, and Russia will stand down.

Oh, and there'll be fools in the streets protesting peace...

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Putin 2-0 Obama
Putin has so utterly defeated Obama in their battle of wills and posturing over the last 8 years. Baby Obama has been put t bed with a dummy in his mouth.

That's the truth!

I wonder if Obama knows it yet... somehow I don't think his fragile ego could accept it. (Much less those pulling his strings!)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Russia will stand down.

No, it will make bolder moves.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

ohh, ok.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

exactly. its just a waiting game, that's basically what its been since this none sense started. im glad that we have a man entering the white house who would rather talk to people and squash beefs rather than being a pouty kid and ignoring and isolating people.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Obama is desperately watching CNN for new developments.

"sources close to the situation say".

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No, it will make bolder moves.

Why do you think that?

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Because Trump is Russian agent.

Have you not been following his posts?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Yes, I follow them (most of them anyway... good for chuckles).

Did he post that he was a Russian agent? I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I suspect Putin is getting a good belly laugh from Obama and these sanctions. He's just biding his time... three weeks worth of time until Trump is sworn in.

I wouldn't count on it being as much of a bed of roses as Putin hopes, after Trump is sworn in.

From the Op's source;

House Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, called the sanctions "overdue," adding that it is an "appropriate way to end eight years of failed policy with Russia."

"Russia does not share America's interests," he said in a statement Thursday. "In fact, it has consistently sought to undermine them, sowing dangerous instability around the world. While today's action by the administration is overdue, it is an appropriate way to end eight years of failed policy with Russia. And it serves as a prime example of this administration's ineffective foreign policy that has left America weaker in the eyes of the world."

Republican Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham, two of Russia's fiercest critics in the US Senate, called for stronger sanctions against Russia.

"The retaliatory measures announced by the Obama administration today are long overdue. But ultimately, they are a small price for Russia to pay for its brazen attack on American democracy. We intend to lead the effort in the new Congress to impose stronger sanctions on Russia," the two said in a joint statement.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I wouldn't count on it being as much of a bed of roses as Putin hopes, after Trump is sworn in.

I'm not sure Putin is expecting a bed of roses. If he's paying any attention at all, then he's well aware of the "Never Trumpers" on the right, and is no doubt preparing for the same. I don't think anyone -- here or abroad -- really believes Trump is part of the right wing. He just used the party to get where he wants to be.

I don't even believe there's any real bromance between Putin and Trump either. What I do think is that both have used the other to tweak noses.

When push comes to shove, we'll find out together!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: windword

I'm not sure Putin is expecting a bed of roses. If he's paying any attention at all, then he's well aware of the "Never Trumpers" on the right, and is no doubt preparing for the same. I don't think anyone -- here or abroad -- really believes Trump is part of the right wing. He just used the party to get where he wants to be.

I don't even believe there's any real bromance between Putin and Trump either. What I do think is that both have used the other to tweak noses.

When push comes to shove, we'll find out together!

You could be right there, for Trump, Trump comes first. He is also in a very sticky posititon with his intelligence agencies, since it is they who report that the Russians did interfere in the election by hacking, and I have seen some sources here in the UK saying that the evidence is very strong.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

You could be right there, for Trump, Trump comes first. He is also in a very sticky posititon with his intelligence agencies, since it is they who report that the Russians did interfere in the election by hacking...

Well said!

I'm not making or taking any bets on anything at this point. I don't think anything is what it seems. I'm just watching and waiting. I think we'll know pretty darn quick where this is going once Trump takes office. He's going to dive in head first. Anything can happen...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Not only is Putin not engaging in tit for tat expulsions, he is going one step further and extending his hospitality to American diplomats kids.

Putin, mindful that Trump will be in the White House in just three weeks went on, in an almost teasing way, to wish Barack Obama and his family, Trump and the American people a happy new year. He invited “all the children of American diplomats accredited in Russia to the New Year and Christmas celebrations in the Kremlin”.

source

Looks like Vlad is getting cute

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be in the hoax bin?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
Shouldn't this be in the hoax bin?

Why? The OP correctly quotes a statement actually made by a high ranking Russian minister. It has not been denied, but the statement has been superseded by the will of Putin.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Why do you think that?

Because Putin will always take advantage of a situation when he thinks he has the stronger hand. Wouldn't you?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Wrong, as usual. I have always maintained that Trump is too stupid to be a Russian agent. Stop being so russophobic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join