It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GRIZZLY STEPPE – Russian Malicious Cyber Activity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No my opinion is due to verification here and elsewhere of being told lies time and time again,in so far as propaganda is concerned after the US election your mainstream media hasn't got a leg to stand on they were Hillary all the way to Pythonesque levels and yes Russia Today and Al Jezeera are both infinately more truthful than the CIA controlled narrative alternate UNIVERSE of US media.or as a famous US add used to say 'wheres the beef?'

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Phishing is an often used way to get to data such a gmail. Google probably has pretty good security on it's servers. As you mentioned, falling for it was the fault of several uninformed people.

If Russia did have a hand in it, they just started the snowball down hill, the American voters and parties did the rest.

It is funny that a bit of truth in some emails can be whipped up into so many things based on opinion and speculation.

People were allowed to take a rational look at all of this, make a reasonable assessment, add previous information, political history and then vote. I'm not sure if that actually happen with many people. The biggest decision point seemed to be emotion in this election.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

we have Assange who stated he got his info from a DC insider

I never saw anything where he admitted the source. When did that happen?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

What Russian propaganda?

Theres no direct evidence to link the Russian Govt to the hacks. The hacks may have been made from Russian IP addresses..............by American operatives looking to make the link to Russia. But the hacks released American emails, not bits of Russian propaganda.

I dont understand why Democrats are so anti-Russian when in point of fact, its been Obamas perceived weakness that has allowed Russia to do as it likes.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Like I said, the Russian propaganda worked. I hope you are either living in Russia or planning on moving there. If not, you will continue to be surprised by the way facts seem to keep changing.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I'm not gonna search around for the article I saw yesterday..
I will only suggest that maybe some of yous look around for it.
but, it just may well be that russia was doing more than just tampering with the election.
in which case, maybe the election tampering is just a cover they are hoping will hide the lack of security in some of our more important computer systems...
I'll come back and post it if I can run across it again..

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

What Russian propaganda?

This Russian propaganda.

Theres no direct evidence to link the Russian Govt to the hacks. The hacks may have been made from Russian IP addresses..............by American operatives looking to make the link to Russia. But the hacks released American emails, not bits of Russian propaganda.

There is no evidence that Russian trolls cannot deny or claim is disinformation. That is the nature of their campaign. "We may never know the truth."

I dont understand why Democrats are so anti-Russian when in point of fact, its been Obamas perceived weakness that has allowed Russia to do as it likes.

At least you admit that Russia has been doing as it likes. Sowing confusion is what it likes to do. But you already knew that.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

No Mr Langley I am no Putin fan his media is biased also but the fact is it is more truthful than Europes and the US's the fact you believe what your told on the little evidence presented shows you might just be a victim of propaganda of or shill for the official narrative yourself.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false'..William Casey CIA Director 1981-1987.

your close

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

found something....????

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What makes you think I limit myself to western media? If you review my posting history, you will see that I rely heavily on the media of the country I am discussing, including Russian, Chinese, and Iranian state media.

Examples:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many, many more. And long before someone coined the term "fake news":

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

If you believe those countries medias are spurious and you need to verify what they say then I agree with you,on the evidence suggested however for Russian hacking Im not concinced that its not just piss and wind from petulant children that cant deal with loosing- or worse its wag the dog.DHS isps are also involved in election hacking in Georgia and elsewhere.The NSA would know who the hell did it and they have been very very quiet.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus
The word probably just made your link usless. Probably, maybe, we think. Are all just we have absolutely no idea.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Good article on this by Rolling Stone:

In an extraordinary development Thursday, the Obama administration announced a series of sanctions against Russia. Thirty-five Russian nationals will be expelled from the country. President Obama issued a terse statement seeming to blame Russia for the hack of the Democratic National Committee emails.

You can see awkwardness reflected in the headlines that flew around the Internet Thursday. Some news agencies seemed split on whether to unequivocally declare that Russian hacking took place, or whether to hedge bets and put it all on the government to make that declaration, using "Obama says" formulations.

This has led to widespread confusion among news audiences over whether the Russians hacked the DNC emails (a story that has at least been backed by some evidence, even if it hasn't always been great evidence), or whether Russians hacked vote tallies in critical states (a far more outlandish tale backed by no credible evidence).

www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
OK, lets say Russia hacked them....

....im more interested in the content of what was hacked. We can't be bothered dealing wit Russian right now. We need to weed our own garden first.

If Russia hacked the DNC, we should thank them for exposing the system for what it is: a rigged circus

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The NSA would know who the hell did it and they have been very very quiet.

The NSA have always been very tight lipped. If they said "trust us, it was Russia," would you believe them, or would you insist they declassify their intel?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

If we got a name and a title Id be inclined to believe it,if we just get what we are getting quoted now 'anonymous sources within',probably not.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

If we got a name and a title Id be inclined to believe it,if we just get what we are getting quoted now 'anonymous sources within',probably not.

This thread started out with a list of IP addresses from an independent cyber-security firm. It doesn't get more specific than that, yet people continue to demand more "evidence." Remember the Kremlin's new catchphrase: "We may never know the truth."

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The Kremlin saying is correct in a world of proxies,spooks and cyber villians but unless the world is a lot different than advertised it is the NSA not CIA or FBI that would be the go to people for as good an answer that you can get

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The Kremlin saying is correct in a world of proxies,spooks and cyber villians but unless the world is a lot different than advertised it is the NSA not CIA or FBI that would be the go to people for as good an answer that you can get

So you are consciously spreading Russian propaganda now?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

So you are consciously spreading Russian propaganda now?

Just saying the word 'Russia' is propaganda to you

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join