It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas is greater than New York

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

Ha!

I love to study pink....

I'm sorry I had to.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

Not arguing with you, Mike. NY makes me sick.
I live on long island that's why I had to chime in on Trumps victory there. The city has their head up their ass. I mean they have to, just look at their mayoral choice.

When I was on Long Island in 1976 I stayed in this house.

It different owners then, nice family. Upstairs they had a long room with a bunch of bunks. I was taking a nap on one and woke up. There was a man standing in the doorway with a shotgun. He left. I didn't think much of it then. It was the seventies. Seeing someone with a shotgun, even inside, didn't mean anything. It wasn't till the book was published later that I started examining my weekend there. I didn't see that man again. My conclusion is that America was in the early stages of central heating and built in climate control. The stories of hearing voices saying "get out" probably came from confusion about the duct work carrying voices from upstairs to downstairs.

I always liked Long Island and came away with two other great stories to tell, the first time I saw kids choking each other out through deep breathing and rapid standing "for kicks", and being tricked into saying "damn" out loud in a crowded movie theater when the Projectionist suddenly cut the house music everyone was singing along too. Jim Croce's "Leroy Brown".

anyway /end irrelevant personal detour

Mike Grouchy
edit on 30-12-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

When examining the 2016 Presidential Elections in the future Historians will probably write their first Pro-tip: "If you are asking your boss for a promotion, don't call them deplorable."

Kellyanne Conway Twitter
edit on 30-12-2016 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Pennsylvania is greater than all states.

Soon, Pennsylvania will be Capitol of Earth.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Junkheap
Pennsylvania is greater than all states.

Soon, Pennsylvania will be Capitol of Earth.

Only if they team up with Maine, and start their own joint space program together.

What?

It's a plan I have.

If little ole Germany could have a rocket program back in the 40's, why not pairs of American States? Each of the States pair up with and start their own space programs. Here is my suggested list of teams for competing space programs. Twenty Six in all. We have had the gross domestic product to do this ... since back in the 50's.

California, Vermont
    Texas, Montana
    New York, Rhode Island
    Florida, Wyoming
    Illinois, South Dakota
    Pennsylvania, Maine
    Ohio, Alaska
    New Jersey, North Dakota
    North Carolina, Delaware
    Georgia, Idaho
    Virginia, New Hampshire
    Massachusetts, West Virginia
    Michigan, Hawaii
    Washington, New Mexico
    Maryland, District of Columbia
    Indiana, Mississippi
    Minnesota, Nebraska
    Colorado, Arkansas
    Tennessee, Nevada
    Wisconsin, Utah
    Arizona, Kansas
    Missouri, Iowa
    Connecticut, Kentucky
    Louisiana, South Carolina
    Oregon, Oklahoma
    Alabama, Puerto Rico

^ That many space programs. Each group of states working as a team. ... or we could stick with the broken thing we have now.

If Pennsylvania wants to start early, they should team up with Maine and get going!

World Government comes down to one bottleneck. Transport Speed. Back during the American Revolution it took 3 months to sail from England to the US, six months for a round trip. If you were lucky. You can't affect the outcome much at those speeds. By the season you send word, things will have changed.

With a rocket one can fly anywhere on Earth in about 30 minutes. It's about 15 minutes into space, and about 15 minutes to come back down. Travel time in space is practically zero, as one can orbit the earth in a few minutes. One could go to Paris for Lunch, and be home before work started again.

If Pennsylvania is serious about world Governance, they may want to look into this. And an important first step, in my opinion, is teaming up with(as) their Sister State. Maine and Pennsylvania can work out which one of them is the sister.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That must've been some killer heating.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the OP realizes that the US map and NY map must be from different elections correct? They are not the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well I would think, seeing as we successfully landed what looks like a tent with a basic calculator for a control system on the moon in 1969, by 2017 we should be commuting to the moon in the morning to our space offices, only to return to our quaint little life here in planet earth.
Unless Kubrick really did pull it off a few times.

Something tells me the Donald will be looking for answers from that environmental agency, NASA, as to why this isn't a reality.

Meanwhile that carpetbagger Clinton will hopefully be packing her bags looking for the next liberal metropolis that has no idea what they're doing.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

I think one is popular vote and one electoral college, I think.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
the OP realizes that the US map and NY map must be from different elections correct? They are not the same.

The US map was one of the first reported just 48 hours after the election. The State maps are much more recent and up to date. Take the State map over the US map for more accurate adjusted reporting.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: VinylTyrant

Well I would think, seeing as we successfully landed what looks like a tent with a basic calculator for a control system on the moon in 1969, by 2017 we should be commuting to the moon in the morning to our space offices, only to return to our quaint little life here in planet earth.
Unless Kubrick really did pull it off a few times.

Something tells me the Donald will be looking for answers from that environmental agency, NASA, as to why this isn't a reality.

Meanwhile that carpetbagger Clinton will hopefully be packing her bags looking for the next liberal metropolis that has no idea what they're doing.

Fair enough, one minor adjustment though. It still takes 3 days to reach the Moon from earth, unless one wants to increase the G-forces of acceleration to uncomfortable levels. To do it in the space of a morning commute would require acceleration that would squish our astronauts to jelly.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This guy grew up in Arkansas, lives and works on Long Island.

He goes into great detail about how everything is better in Arkansas.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It is interesting that Arkansas was blue for Bill, but rejected Hillary. She is probably the most hated woman on earth for her crimes.

Bill is partially to blame for it, by way of his 1994 'Assault Weapons Ban'. That was the law that drove the initial irreparable wedge between the national Democrat party and the traditional conservative Democrats that were long the base of Democrat dominance in southern politics. That law was essentially the political equivalent of an extinction level event, as the divide it created spread from gun rights into other issues as well, and the traditional southern Democrats have almost all jumped ship in the 22 years since to become conservative Republicans today. You can clearly see it in Arkansas politics as an example, comparing the overwhelming Democrat dominance from 1874-1996 to the Republican surge since. Its a textbook example of how poorly conceived and unpopular laws can have devastating political consequences.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Certainly not in general intelligence or education!
Perhaps in inbred insanity and ignorant religio-mania...

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: namelesss
Certainly not in general intelligence or education!
Perhaps in inbred insanity and ignorant religio-mania...

What a lovely collection of name calling and insinuation.

Blindness to the reality goes way way back. Here is an ancient clip from Christopher Hitchens (may he rest in peace) who actually agrees with me. So tell me, is he to suffering from "ignorant religio-mania"?

He says about the Clintons...

Hitchens: "But there is an attractive story about how they met. Told by her."
Hitchens: "They are in the library. Law Library I believe. And she gets up and walks over to this guy, Bill as it happens, and she says 'If you're going to keep looking at me like that, it's time you knew my name'."
All Feminist at the Table in one voice: "Ha, Go girl! lol."
Hitchens: "That is a story about them that I like. Now, when you think about what is now going on in the library on Campuses and Universities in this country ..."

edit on 31-12-2016 by mikegrouchy because: quote from the video

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It is interesting that Arkansas was blue for Bill, but rejected Hillary. She is probably the most hated woman on earth for her crimes.

originally posted by: vor78
Bill is partially to blame for it, by way of his 1994 'Assault Weapons Ban'. That was the law that drove the initial irreparable wedge between the national Democrat party and the traditional conservative Democrats that were long the base of Democrat dominance in southern politics. That law was essentially the political equivalent of an extinction level event, as the divide it created spread from gun rights into other issues as well, and the traditional southern Democrats have almost all jumped ship in the 22 years since to become conservative Republicans today. You can clearly see it in Arkansas politics as an example, comparing the overwhelming Democrat dominance from 1874-1996 to the Republican surge since. Its a textbook example of how poorly conceived and unpopular laws can have devastating political consequences.

Sam Harris does an analysis of why Clinton lost, and not surprisingly he agrees with you. That it was more about their treatment of firearms and the laws around it, than anything else. For instance After the Orlando Gay Night Club shooting she called for more gun control and said Muslims are peaceful.

He says a little more than that, but here it is.

edit on 31-12-2016 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

nice stereotype. hate is strong with you. discriminating based on where they are born.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jellyrev

As someone who lives in Arkansas, it doesn't bother me at all. He can insult us all he likes. People like that are doing more damage to the Democrat party and the liberal agenda in this state and elsewhere in the South than the Republicans and conservatives could ever hope for.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
a reply to: namelesss

nice stereotype. hate is strong with you. discriminating based on where they are born.

Obviously you have not seen the government intelligence stats compiled by state.

The rest was semi-tongue in cheek.
Semi.
No hate. Irony, satire...

But yes, NY IS more intelligent.
Look it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join