It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I email with a collegue scientist does that go around the world? big brother is watching?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
a reply to: galien8

If you have good science to share don't let anyone steal it.

OK! Have you heard of hardware viruses in any computing device, hardware zero day exploits etc? Straight from the factory in hard disk, motherboard, CPU, network adapter, they can easily watch me type this live, could take over my PC, not through software, OS but the microchip, the ultimate hack

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Make sure when you present your ideas you don't use words like wanna. Your paper will wind up in the trash.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

And yet...
The FBI has such a hard time getting info from the cell phone of the San Bernardino terrorists.

Why would that be if the already track everybody on every device???

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Okay Okay

To be honest: I thought it was common English like: aren't you and I'll

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: extra info

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: namelesss

When I email with a collegue scientist does that go around the world? big brother is watching?

There are no secrets.

Thats stupid! People and companies need to operate in the gray area sometimes, people sometimes need to lie out of defense (in secret).

Just because you imagine something is a secret doesn't mean that it is.
Before just calling me stupid, you might have asked me to elaborate on my offer, before just automatically dismissing it.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

OK there are no secrets when both parties are omniscient, now the common civilians are not and big brother is, civilians cannot verify what big brother is saying but big brother can verify everything what civilians are saying, so your "no more secrets" is biased

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: lordcomac

And yet...
The FBI has such a hard time getting info from the cell phone of the San Bernardino terrorists.

Why would that be if the already track everybody on every device???

As i understand, email is insecure, iMessage on the other hand is encrypted (with user key, not with apple master key). then again, if those messages are synced with iCloud as backup to restore later(then apple uses master key), alphabet agencies can get hold of them (I think).

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

If you have good science to share don't let anyone steal it.

OK! Have you heard of hardware viruses in any computing device, hardware zero day exploits etc? Straight from the factory in hard disk, motherboard, CPU, network adapter, they can easily watch me type this live, could take over my PC, not through software, OS but the microchip, the ultimate hack

I haven't. But you can bet they are out there in abundance, especially in any hardware made in China!

ESPECIALLY IN HARDWARE MADE IN CHINA.

Like Duh.

edit on 31-12-2016 by Namdru because: like needed to paste quote

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

they say Chinese microchips used for military purposes for instance by the US have back doors, if they attack China, all drones and planes fall down and dive into the Pacific, tanks and military communications and guided missiles all unusable
they brought this on themselves

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I guarantee you if you are in the Netherlands and your friend is in the US and a Nobel winner, your email will be intercepted.

That's one of those by the book things. No bs chip thing needed.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Face to face, and not talking, but in writing communication with notes (must be no cameras though) funny that I did not thought of that
It's hard to intercept information transferred via sneakernet, but if the hard drives at either end are compromised and have an internet connection then the hard drive exploit might still be used to access the communication.

I was amazed at hard drives being shipped with compromised firmware, without the knowledge of the hard drive makers, or so they claim. That's quite an amazing accomplishment by the spies which went on for many years and apparently the number of affected hard drives is huge. The NSA's Undetectable Hard Drive Hack Was First Demonstrated a Year Ago

you could just smash all of your hard drives to hell and go live in a cabin in the woods.
I guess that's one option but it depends on how serious you are about security.

originally posted by: Bedlam
I guarantee you if you are in the Netherlands and your friend is in the US and a Nobel winner, your email will be intercepted.

That's one of those by the book things. No bs chip thing needed.
No doubt about that, but what happens to the intercepted e-mail? Apparently it's passed through some kind of filter that looks for key words or phrases and if any of the key words or phrases are found it's flagged. If none of the filter keywords are found it's just stored and probably never read by the people doing the interception, unless they do a later search of stored e-mails and find something they are looking for. There are just too many e-mails intercepted and not enough people and time to read them all.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

There are just too many e-mails intercepted and not enough people and time to read them all.

True, but some people or websites are outstanding enough that you assign a bunch of low level readers to manually spot check their stuff.

For example, there used to be at least two DIA guys whose job consisted of reading a certain other website's threads for inappropriate postings by military and contractors. They didn't have time to read EVERY post in EVERY thread, but with a combination of keyword scanning and picking threads likely to attract riff-raff, they keep the place safe for democracy.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   

OK there are no secrets when both parties are omniscient, now the common civilians are not and big brother is, civilians cannot verify what big brother is saying but big brother can verify everything what civilians are saying, so your "no more secrets" is biased

My no secrets is biased by Reality!
There is a single Universal Consciousness, in which ALL Knowledge/experience (in the One Universe) resides!
We are ALL Omniscient, Universal, though most are blinded to this.
There are ways to access the Knowledge that transcends what 'knowledge' one claims as one's own; Knowledge beyond the 'body'.
It happens all the time, inadvertently, sometimes, advertently..
All is Known!
Live with it.
To expect 'secrets' to be kept, will inevitably lead to disillusionment/pain.
Even the oligarchy cannot, for all their wealth, keep their dirty little secrets private!
If YOU know, the Universe Knows!

edit on 1-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Even if it wasn't recorded in some way, it's pretty unlikely that you would get a reply. These sorts of people get hundreds of emails every day from all sorts of people. They can't respond to all of them. Unless your idea comes with funding, is within the wheelhouse of the Feringa group, and you are someone with credentials that one might reasonably wish to collaborate with on such a project, you're almost certainly out of luck.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There is a single Universal Consciousness,

I call that the Architect of our Universe Simulation we call reality

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hypervalentiodine

you're almost certainly out of luck.

I thought so, I don't think Feringa will remember me, I was just an introvert student then

PS: Does that hypervalentiodine really exists as a stable compound? Interesting, I only now it as monovalent R-I or Ar-I
edit on 2017-1-1 by galien8 because: extra info

edit on 2017-1-2 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I call that the Architect of our Universe Simulation we call reality

I can hang with that, but you have a much more... 'interactive'... Perspective, whereas I see an 'unchanging, all inclusive Reality/Universe'!
Even if there is an 'Architect' (Omni-), It must be One with It's 'architecture'!
But I getcha, Universal Consciousness is another name for Nature, for God (as Architect, or anything else), for Self, for Nature, for Truth, for Reality...
different Perspectives of the same One Thing! *__-

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

But I getcha, Universal Consciousness is another name for Nature, for God (as Architect, or anything else), for Self, for Nature, for Truth, for Reality...

Universe simulation is perfect simulation (emulation) run on infinite automaton computer in another dimension, most likely that dimension is the real eternal infinite universe.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Those examples wouldn't be monovalent. But yes, it does. Many elements do.

The one in my avatar is a particularly well known reagent used for oxidation called Dess Martin periodinane.
edit on 2-1-2017 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Universe simulation is perfect simulation (emulation) run on infinite automaton computer in another dimension, most likely that dimension is the real eternal infinite universe.

Sounds like a flagrant violation of Occam's Razor.
The vastly more 'simple' is that the unchanging, all inclusive, Universal Reality is the quantum probability field, the 'undifferentiated potential' (of ancient mystics and modern quantum physics), that requires a 'Perspective' to 'differentiate' all that 'potential' to that particular Perspective, and thus is Known to Consciousness!
So simple (and it's all 'make-believe'; that is why 'belief' is insanity)...
Adding simulation, infinite automaton computers in another dimensions, some 'fake'/simulated Universe vs real eternal infinite universe...
All violation of Occam!

edit on 2-1-2017 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join