It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I email with a collegue scientist does that go around the world? big brother is watching?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I know Nobel prize winner Chemistry 2016 Ben Feringa from the old days (when I was a student). He was in the same research group the one of Hans Wijnberg (who was in the 2nd world war with the OSS, fore runner of the CIA, but thats another story, so I have some respect for the CIA). Feringa was then I think a kind of assistant professor, but he attended group meetings, participated in group discussions, gave lectures and workshops for my group, since he was originally a PhD student of Wijnberg, he had still ties with Wijnberg and his students so to speak.

Now I have an idea that I don't wanna be published yet, I wanna consult Feringa by email about it first, maybe he can do the experiment.

But what if AIVD psychopathic criminal mole cells leaks email (means sells this mission critical info to the highest bidder) to NSA leaks to CIA leaks to BND leaks to Mossad leaks to KGB (so it goes around the world)

...oh doctor, oh doctor total awareness...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 2016-12-29 by galien8 because: extra info

edit on 2016-12-29 by galien8 because: typo

edit on 2016-12-29 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Short answer, yes. If you our he is in the US, our NSA captures every email. If is encrypted, they can and will legally hold it indefinitely until seven years after they decrypt it. If it's not encrypted, they can and will hold it indefinitely.

If both of you see outside the us, it's less clear- but keep in mind most countries bow down to us "intel"

They are also listening to your cell phone- even if it's turned off. "Smart" tv, tablet, computer, etc. Public cameras. Almost any network ready "cctv".

It's been this way a while, and there's no talk of stopping it since there isn't any public outcry.

Good luck.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Short answer, yes.

Then big brother is watching you and 007 have killed scientific progress

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: galien8

...007 have killed scientific progress

What is this "007" reference I keep hearing on ATS? What are you referring to here????

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

...007 have killed scientific progress

What is this "007" reference I keep hearing on ATS? What are you referring to here????

007 Bond, James Bond = all secret agents in the world

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: typo

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
No mater how u look at it yes it most likaly will be recorded

The question is will they read it think of the emails per day as long as no program flags it to be read its just another grain of rice

I'm sure even old paper mail is read these days u want absolutely no one to know tell them somewhere electronics don't fair well like a rare earth magnet warehouse

Or make a large electromagnet the south or north pole may be a option as well

U get the idea

U could use tor network on there email but I'm fairly sure the fbi and cia aredy got tor

Try a 256 bit encrypted flash drive and ups or FedEx not usps it overnight am delivery there would be no time to break the encryption ... even than if they want the info bad they could get it ... at some point tho only the USA government has a hope

The options are out there to transfer data with no one being able to see it ... it's just really hard these days

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: galien8
When I email with a collegue scientist does that go around the world? big brother is watching?

There are no secrets.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

U could use tor network on there email but I'm fairly sure the fbi and cia aredy got tor

Yes I think too, if DNC Employer Seth Rich leaked the DNC / Clinton emails to WikiLeaks (and he got killed in the streets for that) then TOR is compromised somehow, submitting to WikiLeaks goes through TOR.

I know because I applied as blog writer for WikiLeaks by ordinary email (did not want to bother with TOR I don't know the technology, moreover regarded it then as compromised because the murder of Seth Rich was just discussed by Julian Assange for Dutch News TV = NIEUWSUUR), did not get hired by the way, never a reply.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: galien8

There are no secrets.

Thats stupid! People and companies need to operate in the gray area sometimes, people sometimes need to lie out of defense (in secret).

Is big brother the only one that may lie, who is watching the watchers?

...sometime one must not think in black and white, sometimes one needs to think gray...

...big brother is the only one that may lie to the people: "and now you all, the whole lot of you Jews, gets a nice shower []:-)" thats not fair...

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: extra info

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: moto

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
First of all, it appears many of you have no idea just how much traffic is being piped through the Internet in even a millisecond.

Unless you are on a watch list or somehow trigger a filter m, no one gives a shot about your traffic.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Unless you are on a watch list or somehow trigger a filter

I have reasons to believe that my email is filtered or squeezed, must be done by humans, some in / out they let through, most of them not, like a censor a board of editors, they know who I know personally, people or companies of which I could verify it, extends to people of recent acquaintance.

HOW DO THEY DO THAT?

2,000 artists emailed by email newsletter to members of artist society in my city by this society, no one responded, was ad for art market, to participate for $40 a stand, lunch, beverages and toilet included, 2% to 5% conversion is normal for me, target on these 2,000 was 2%, so 40 takers (we would have a GO!), but none, (0.98)^2,000 = astronomical! Very strange you big brother MFs.

I have not seen Ben Feringa in 25 years, he maybe remembers me, maybe not. Email could go nowhere, info could be sold though by moles in the secret service to the highest bidder.

I have probabilities of 4 things happening to me by pure coincidence very much over 1 to a billion, some one or something is working against me

...big brother has gone mad...

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: extra info

edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: emoticon

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
By default internet traffics is not encrypted from point to point (some do but if you have some kit at the end point then you can still read it) and generally considered to be a bit like popping a postcard in the post. The same with e-mail the header has to be readable to it can get to the recipient and then its more like sending a sealed letter and the better the encryption the harder it is to open but you get into having to have both sides know how to open and close the letter.

The problem was that ip v4 was designed when security wasn't really a problem/interest so there is no way to ensure total security.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
By default internet traffics is not encrypted from point to point (some do but if you have some kit at the end point then you can still read it) and generally considered to be a bit like popping a postcard in the post. The same with e-mail the header has to be readable to it can get to the recipient and then its more like sending a sealed letter and the better the encryption the harder it is to open but you get into having to have both sides know how to open and close the letter.

The problem was that ip v4 was designed when security wasn't really a problem/interest so there is no way to ensure total security.

Correct, Vernam cipher (one time pad) for instance info by email, key by regular mail or courier. Mathematical proven concept 100% secure, but either could be intercepted in practice, one can use key only once and key needs to be longer than the message.

...big brother is barbarity...
edit on 2016-12-30 by galien8 because: moto

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If you're that concerned you don't have to e-mail. You can use programmes like tor where any communication gets automatically deleted. Or just the old fashioned way of meeting up and talking face-to-face, perhaps next to a loud fountain in a crowded park or a dark corner of a multi-story car-park.

I understand these take more time and effort but with all these e-mail leaks happening if you want to communicate sensitive information perhaps it is worth making that effort.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

You are not important enough to have your emails sold by moles in the secret service to the biggest bidder. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped

You are not important enough to have your emails sold by moles in the secret service to the biggest bidder. Sorry.

Joepie
why are the messing with my email then?

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
All Email is Under Surveillance - Testimony of an Owner of an Email Service

All U.S. email servers are being monitored. Most, if not all, foreign ones are too. Talking face to face and handing over written notes are your best option for privacy. Make your notes by hand or on a machine that is not tied in to a network or use an old fashion type writer. Make sure the information you give him doesn't end up in a computer somehow either.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

One answer to the problem that you and your colleagues, as scientists, should know already. GNU PGP. Use it and don't apologize for being paranoid!

If you have good science to share don't let anyone steal it. Use strong encryption. Not even the NSA will crack it, even if they can, because they already know you're not important enough.

Jai Hacktafari

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau

Or just the old fashioned way of meeting up and talking face-to-face, perhaps next to a loud fountain in a crowded park or a dark corner of a multi-story car-park.

Very good tips! Have not seen Ben Feringa for a long time, he will be flooded for audience request though, since of his Nobel prize was recent

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
All Email is Under Surveillance - Testimony of an Owner of an Email Service

All U.S. email servers are being monitored. Most, if not all, foreign ones are too. Talking face to face and handing over written notes are your best option for privacy. Make your notes by hand or on a machine that is not tied in to a network or use an old fashion type writer. Make sure the information you give him doesn't end up in a computer somehow either.

Face to face, and not talking, but in writing communication with notes (must be no cameras though) funny that I did not thought of that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join