It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heaven Sent Christian Warning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: pthena

Dont actually have to go to church on the sabbath either. Here si whats funny. as long as you are studying the bible on the sabbath day in your own home alone you are "in church"

There is no sabath day for Christians, we are not Jews
We have a new covenant

And you can't be in a church if you are alone

You pray alone correct? Each person is to have a INDIVIDUAL relaionship With God and Jesus correct? And I said earlier that christians would not have to go to church.
Church isnt about your relationship to God. its about social interaction and tithes these days.

But studying the bible is what church was originally for so No we disagree on having to be in a building built by man and claiming its the only church there is. "

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

a reply to: pthena

Dont actually have to go to church on the sabbath either. Here si whats funny. as long as you are studying the bible on the sabbath day in your own home alone you are "in church"

There is no sabath day for Christians, we are not Jews
We have a new covenant

And you can't be in a church if you are alone

You pray alone correct? Each person is to have a INDIVIDUAL relaionship With God and Jesus correct? And I said earlier that christians would not have to go to church.
Church isnt about your relationship to God. its about social interaction and tithes these days.

But studying the bible is what church was originally for so No we disagree on having to be in a building built by man and claiming its the only church there is. "

I don't plan to argue about this with you but
There were 12 apostles who went with Christ

"Where two or three are gathered in my name" Mathew 18' 20

Christ came to restore relationships, hence why He asked us to forgive others

We Christians can't do Christianity on our own

Yes churches are broken places but so are we, God didn't come for the healthy

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

if we cant do christianity on our own You are saying in effect Jesus who was alone at times was not being christian when he was studying alone.

You do not have to go to a building to go to church or be christian. By talking about our faith here we are being christian in your and Mattews eyes right? but we are in actuality alone as well. contradiction much to be sure.

And Jesus came to restore our relationship with his father.
edit on 16000000ppam by yuppa because: added info

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Jesus was God
In fact Jesus was in relationship, with the Father and the Spirit

While I agree, a building is not a church, Christians meeting together is a church

Yes Jesus came to restore relationships with God, also with each other, hence His teaching on forgiveness

I will reply with a sermon by Bruxy Cavey, it's worth a listen

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Jesus was God
In fact Jesus was in relationship, with the Father and the Spirit

While I agree, a building is not a church, Christians meeting together is a church

Yes Jesus came to restore relationships with God, also with each other, hence His teaching on forgiveness

I will reply with a sermon by Bruxy Cavey, it's worth a listen

thanks for th einfo. ill try n look it up. happy new year.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
and y'all wonder why more and more are becoming agnostic and atheist? Two Christians can't agree, Two Jews can't agree, and Two Muslims can't agree, and all 6 of you worship the same god. I am going to get my collander and say my prayers to the FSM.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe
and y'all wonder why more and more are becoming agnostic and atheist? Two Christians can't agree, Two Jews can't agree, and Two Muslims can't agree, and all 6 of you worship the same god. I am going to get my collander and say my prayers to the FSM.

What are you going to tell me two agnostics or atheists are going to agree with each other

Are you frightened by diversity bubba, does having two people with a different opinions bother you?
Would you prefer we were all like clones
We may indeed disagree, it's ok, it is suppose to be that way
Even atheists and agnostics disagree, that's ok as well

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel

Pardon me for not getting what your conspiracy is from the name of your subject. So what is this warning that heaven has sent this christian?

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I don't do videos, but I agree with the premise quite a bit. If I were an evil, diabolical being and wanted to lure a bunch of people to their doom, I'd do it under the guise of being the thing they trust and hold most high, too. People are far more likely to believe a lie if it is gift-wrapped in something they already believe to be an irrefutable truth. Oldest trick in the book...which I suppose is logical, since we're talking about an ostensibly ancient being.

Yea, and the Bible is the thing used. There are two voices in it...one of the Most High (the true Father of Jesus) that Jesus came to show us.
Then you have YHWH...a petty, misogynistic, blood thirsty god, who is not the true God.
Oh, and you have Saul of Tarsus (Paul) a false apostle who took over the true teachings of Jesus and made his own gospel that is the basis for the church you see today. It's why it's deceived. If you have a false apostle at the helm, you're going to have rotten fruit.

posted on Jan, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

What are you going to tell me two agnostics or atheists are going to agree with each other

Are you frightened by diversity bubba, does having two people with a different opinions bother you?
Would you prefer we were all like clones
We may indeed disagree, it's ok, it is suppose to be that way
Even atheists and agnostics disagree, that's ok as well

I think, Mr. Frog, that's he's saying that any "god" that spoke through men and had them write a book that causes so much division....is not a god who is worth following. Just saying.

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa
Regarding the Hebrew and Greek words that have been translated as "Church" in some bible translations and "congregation" in others:
Congregation: Insight, Volume 1

Some English versions use “church” in texts pertaining to the Christian congregation, as at 1 Corinthians 16:19. (AS; KJ) Since many persons think of a church as a building for religious services rather than a congregation engaging in worship, the rendering “church” can be misleading.

Should We Go to Christian Meetings? Awake!—2001

What does the Bible say about going to church?

The words “church” and “churches” occur over 110 times in the King James Version. Other translations also use these terms. The Greek word translated “church” literally means “a calling forth,” or, in other words, a gathering of people. For example, Acts 7:38, in the King James Version, tells of Moses being “in the church in the wilderness,” that is, among the congregated nation of Israel. In another instance the Scriptures state that “a bitter persecution started against the church,” referring to the community of Christians in Jerusalem. (Acts 8:1, The Jerusalem Bible) In one of his letters, Paul greets “the church in [Philemon’s] house,” the local congregation that met there.—Philemon 2, Revised Standard Version.

Clearly, the term “church” as used in the Bible designates, not a place of worship, but rather a group of worshipers. Acknowledging this, Clement of Alexandria, a second-century religious teacher, wrote: “Not the place, but the congregation of the elect, I call the Church.”

Back to the earlier link:

CONGREGATION

A group of people gathered together for a particular purpose or activity. The Hebrew word usually rendered “congregation” in the New World Translation is qa·halʹ, which is from a root meaning “call together; congregate.” (Nu 20:8; De 4:10) It is frequently used for an organized body, being found in the expressions “congregation of Israel” (Le 16:17; Jos 8:35; 1Ki 8:14), “congregation of the true God” (Ne 13:1), “congregation of Jehovah” (De 23:2, 3; Mic 2:5), and “Jehovah’s congregation” (Nu 20:4; 1Ch 28:8). Qa·halʹ designates various kinds of human gatherings, as for religious purposes (De 9:10; 18:16; 1Ki 8:65; Ps 22:25; 107:32), for dealing with civil affairs (1Ki 12:3), and for warfare (1Sa 17:47; Eze 16:40). In the book of Ecclesiastes, Solomon is identified as “the congregator” (Heb., qo·heʹleth). (Ec 1:1, 12) As the king, he congregated or assembled the people to the worship of Jehovah, one notable instance being when he gathered his subjects to the newly constructed temple in Jerusalem.—1Ki 8:1-5; 2Ch 5:2-6.

In the Christian Greek Scriptures the Greek word rendered “congregation” is ek·kle·siʹa, from which the English word “ecclesia” is derived. Ek·kle·siʹa comes from two Greek words, ek, meaning “out,” and ka·leʹo, meaning “call.” Hence, it pertains to a group of persons called out or called together, either officially or unofficially. It is the word used with reference to the congregation of Israel at Acts 7:38 and is also employed for the “assembly” stirred up by the silversmith Demetrius against Paul and his associates in Ephesus. (Ac 19:23, 24, 29, 32, 41) Most often, however, it is used with reference to the Christian congregation. It is applied to the Christian congregation in general (1Co 12:28); to a congregation in some city such as Jerusalem (Ac 8:1), Antioch (Ac 13:1), or Corinth (2Co 1:1); or to a specific group meeting in someone’s home (Ro 16:5; Phm 2). Accordingly, individual Christian congregations or “congregations of God” are also mentioned. (Ac 15:41; 1Co 11:16) Some English versions use “church” in texts pertaining to the Christian congregation, as at 1 Corinthians 16:19. (AS; KJ) Since many persons think of a church as a building for religious services rather than a congregation engaging in worship, the rendering “church” can be misleading.

The Greek word ek·kle·siʹa is usually employed in the Septuagint to translate the Hebrew word qa·halʹ, as at Psalm 22:22 (21:23, LXX).—Compare NW ftn.

Should You Belong to a Church? 1 of 2 (video)
Should you belong to a Church? 2 of 2
Should You Belong to a Church? (textformat without pictures)
Next page corresponding with part 2
edit on 9-1-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You could fill the superbowl with every prominent christian on this planet from the Pope to Benny Hinn toss in a leper and tell them to cure him,and after much prayer laying on hands and other eccentric performances 24 hours later he'd still be a leper.

There is no one on earth with the holy spirit as described by the Acts of the apostles I am aware of,whatever it was all about is long over and all thats left are swindlers,grifters,con men,snake oil salesman,perverts and child molesters and their brainwashed followers.

Nothing is coming from inner or outer space to save the day,thats a cop out to do nothing many of us have had a one way ticket to hell punched us for trying to fight the filth and corruption on this planet a fight which personally cost me 14 years of my life,no God showed up answered any prayer or bothered to even acknowledge my existence,nor will it for anybody else.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I was just reading about this subject, this morning. If you research John Nelson Darby and the Scofield Bible,
you my find some clues. Also, IMO organized churches are "of the world". We do not need an intermediary.
This writer says it better than I have time to post here.

PlnksandNails

This one is more to the point.

Fallen Babylon
edit on 18-1-2017 by davido because: added a link

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

If you check my link, the author, also talks about Ek·kle·siʹa. I probably agree with you, but it would be rash, on such short notice. -DEO (not really-just my initials)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join