It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Inauguration to Have Less Pomp, Circumstance So He Can Get Right to Work

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The best thing he can do is go right to work at Camp David, doing nothing and playing golf. Anything else will screw things up more than they already are.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he's the most unpopular President-Elect on that special day, and after. That said, the man loves rallies and parties so I doubt he won't be throwing himself a literal ball.

He had the 3rd highest number of votes of any President ever elected in history....I wouldn't call that unpopular. The only President that beat him was Obama.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: AboveBoard

So that's how they are spinning it...good to know!

That's how I see it, too. They got publicly rejected and/or shunned by a ridiculous amount of celebrities, so now they're trying to spin it like they didn't want the ceremonial stuff in the first place.

It's a sad day when anyone puts weighs disdain for a President based on how many celebrities like him.

If the Kardashians hate him then he must be bad.../sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

You spotted disdain in my post? Probably need to get your eyes checked or look up the definition of the word. Because I found it humorous that his camp tried to get a bunch of celebs, failed, and now is acting like he didn't want them in the first place.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I dont think he could handle the boos like Junior did on is walk to the white house, that is all.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: AboveBoard

So that's how they are spinning it...good to know!

That's how I see it, too. They got publicly rejected and/or shunned by a ridiculous amount of celebrities, so now they're trying to spin it like they didn't want the ceremonial stuff in the first place.

Who gives a snip what 'celebrities' think ?

They make a living trying to make people think they are something they are not.

So much in common with politicians.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well apparently Trump does. Why else would he have high profile photo ops meetings with Leo DiCaprio and Kanye West after getting elected? Or do you really think he was discussing policy with them? LOL In fact, if he really was discussing potential policies with them, that would reinforce my point.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Trump out worked all of the other candidates for Presidency. This news does not surprise me. He does work a lot.

With who he was up against and how they performed, I could have won.

I am not sure how that happened, some of the Republican nominees were intelligent and well spoken and very good debaters. There is a conspiracy theory right there. They seemed to just give up and barely try. Most of them on their worst day could have out debated Trump with little effort.

That is something that makes my tinfoil hat light up.

He certainly did not out-debate Clinton. As he had not debated better in Republican debates. Something happened in the entire process that is very off. It would be worth looking at this from the beginning.

I very much doubt you could have won. In the Primaries Trump talked about things the others would not talk about, until Trump spoke of them first. He led the debates to talk about what he wanted too. The only other one on stage that even compared to Trump, at least in my view, was Dr. Carson.

He did win the debates against Clinton IMO. We all have different views.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 3daysgone

He doesn't work. He makes others work.

Then doesn't pay them.

Yeah. 3 to 4 rallies a day. Sure keep telling yourself that.

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: 3daysgone

Because Hillary Clinton was so bad...and the media loved him. It's rigged but he is a pr machine and was smart enough to use the media against themselves.

Again legislating with congress is muh different.

Hey I am no leftie but I am pretty cautiously optimistic.

I will have to wait and see how he handles them. From the beginning no one gave him a chance and he made the "political experts" look like idiots. I don't know how he will do it, but something tells me he has a plan.

Well, it didn't surprise me. He played the media.

Now he can go the mike gravel root like the Pentagon papers era, but it's different when he isnt doing pr. When he has to go through the legislative system.

From the what I have seen he knows his way around a lot of things. Good or Bad. He does know how to get things done.

Between the thirty seven lies per day, the racists pursuits and grabbing women by the genitals how will he get any work done. ?

He sure grabbed Hillary by the genitals didn't he. Racism? lol. That is total B.S. and you know it. After what the DNC did to Bernie, it ,somehow, still surprises me when people call Trump a liar. smh

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he's the most unpopular President-Elect on that special day, and after.

Kinda like how he rode that unpopularity all the way to the oval office right?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join