It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Inauguration to Have Less Pomp, Circumstance So He Can Get Right to Work

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It is nice to hear that the someone in govt is acting like they are there for the American people.

Trump wants to get to work, and he plans less balls and celebrations than Obama so he can get to work for the American people.

WASHINGTON, D.C. — President-elect Donald J. Trump’s inauguration will have less official celebration throughout the day and evening so he can focus on getting right to work on behalf of the American people, officials involved in the planning process tell Breitbart News. The inauguration itself will be less focused on the donor class and ritzy Washington insiders as in years past and more focused on the regular working class people across the country for whom Trump has become the champion.
www.breitbart.com... mstance-can-get-right-work/

3 balls instead of 10 Obama's 10, the story says Trump is all about getting to work and making sure Americans are safe, and he is creating jobs before taking office.

“There will three balls instead of 10, as there were in 2009 with President Obama because this president—Donald J. Trump—is all about getting to work and making sure Americans are safe in their homes, safe in their jobs,” Epshteyn said. “Look at the news that just came out this week: 8,000 jobs being brought to America between Sprint and OneWeb.”

The story tells how Trump wants to honor tradition but no make this a lavish affair for Washington insiders.That Trumps wants it to be a celebration of democracy and freedom. Trump wanted to honor first responders, Trump has a lot of respect for these people.

Epshteyn added that while Trump’s inauguration is a “celebration,” the focus is going to be on immediately getting to work on behalf of the American people. He said:

This is a celebration. It is a celebration of freedom of democracy. There will two inaugural balls and one ball saluting armed services and first responders, which is so important. The first responders are a new addition too. This is the Commander in Chief ball, and we’re honoring first responders because those are the people who are the firefighters and in the ambulances, and the police of course—the police who keep us safe—this is to honor them.

edit on 29-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact he's the most unpopular President-Elect on that special day, and after. That said, the man loves rallies and parties so I doubt he won't be throwing himself a literal ball.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So that's how they are spinning it...good to know!

You go seasonal...

link   
a reply to: Swills

Source for the most unpopular pres. please.

link   

Over 60 million people voted for him so I wouldn't exactly say he's unpopular.
But then again he probably doesn't need people to tell him he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Do you doubt he is chomping at the bit to get to work?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Being a Trump supporter....this really does sound like spin if I ever heard it. You kinda get to recognize it over the years.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

You have been exposed to 8 years of dithering. It's ok to take some things at face value.

To me this sounds like a Trump move, because it slaps Obama.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

So that's how they are spinning it...good to know!

That's how I see it, too. They got publicly rejected and/or shunned by a ridiculous amount of celebrities, so now they're trying to spin it like they didn't want the ceremonial stuff in the first place.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: AboveBoard

Do you doubt he is chomping at the bit to get to work?

I cannot claim to know the mind of Mr. Trump. In the past he's been seen chomping on frog's legs and KFC, but other than that, I don't know what he's chomping at...

Ok, I'm being silly now. I just know they've been having a hard time finding people to entertain, so to turn that into "he's just too serious to waste time with all that stuff" is kind of funny to me.

You can spin it in your own head however you like.

If he does a good job (although we would disagree, I think, on what that means), then I will happily support him and pronounce myself cruel and foolish to ever have doubted... I hope he does do a good job, for that matter, as it effects all of us.

peace,

AB

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

If the rich celebrities don't agree with the guy who said he will secure our boarders, bring back manufacturing and remove illegal immigrants.

Good, cause I don't agree with the celebrities, screw'em.
edit on 29-12-2016 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Ok. That's your opinion. But that doesn't change the fact that it sounds like obvious "spin".

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I can't say, and neither can you. But from what I know about Trump, is that he likes to get things done. And if a singer won't come and shake their tail feathers in everyones face, who cares.

Are we that concerned what entertainers think, do you subscribe to the cult of personality?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I for one am glad he is shunned by entertainers. Actors and entertainers alike are given far more credit than they are worth. Our Presidents shouldn't be lauded as they were royalty.

Secondly, whatever spin or information you want to view this through is fine as long as Trump gets and keeps on task. Less time on twitter the better IMO.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Totally agree with you. And I think the fact that big money is not pouring in is why it is being limited. I want Trump as president but it really is a way of saving face.

At the same time I don't doubt he wants to get to work. That is what energizes him.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I can't say, and neither can you. But from what I know about Trump, is that he likes to get things done. And if a singer won't come and shake their tail feathers in everyones face, who cares.

Are we that concerned what entertainers think, do you subscribe to the cult of personality?

More spin. You sound like Kellyanne Conway. To say it doesn't matter is deflection -- it matters because it is a slap in the face to the new President to not perform at his inauguration. It is a clear "diss" and one that he is powerless to do anything about except try to spin it as "oh yeah? well we don't care...we didn't want you anyway...who cares what you think?" which is exactly what you are doing.

It just isn't effective spin.

Trump COULD, if he had a mind too, rather than go for the above spin, try saying "I know that many of them disagree with my becoming President, and that is their right. It is a free country and they are free to like me or hate me as they will. For my part, I will be their President too, and I will work on behalf of everyone, regardless of what they think of me. It's what President's do."

(This would be, in my opinion, the Presidential approach.)

- AB

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I think this is because he is so unpopular amongst all the insiders and the public. He may have gotten the votes but, most I know voted the lesser of two evils.

Trump is a walking pr machine. You should heavily scrutinize anything he says. Like bringing back 6000 sprint jobs that were revealed 3 months ago.

I hope he can do some good but my gut says he will spin his wheels when he finds out he isn't the ceo of America and the more he and the billionaires try to ram things through the more opposition, even from their side they will face.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Perhaps.

I'd like to spin it like this. Trump will do his best work when everyone is still snubbing their noses at him. I look back to when he was at some Presidential dinner and the anger on his face when he was the laughing stock. Say what you will but he did not bow out and didn't quit. He won.

All this rhetoric is fuel for his fire methinks.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

the most unpopular President-Elect

By who's standard? The left who so far have proven themselves to be the biggest whiners and cry-babies I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That was a popularity contest. Passing and inspiring legislation is something all together different. If he starts making enemies in Congress he will go nowhere. His cabinet does not seem to consider this.
He is 2 years away from possibly loosing a majority depending on how he does right away. The blue collar folks that got him elected will come on his head if they don't see change.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join