It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

52% of Democrats believe Russia tampered with the "Vote Totals" to get Trump elected president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Yes, that's what's happening now, but the starting point was the use of the phrase "election hacking".
Your example demonstrates how much this has been the effect of manipulation of language. The first line of the piece says "meddling in the election". Well, if they were trying to influence the opinions of the voters, they were meddling in the overall election process.
The headline mutates this into "vote hacking", which is a recognisable variant of "election hacking". The writer can claim to be using "vote" to mean the overall electoral process, so that any hacking which influences the public debate can be called "vote hacking". Obviously the casual reader will gain the impression that he is talking about "hacking into the voting machines on election day and changng the result", and that is how the idea spreads.

So my point is that this misinformation is, specifically, a case of "equivocation".
Equivocation is using a word or phrase with a double meaning, which is true or justifiable in one sense, but intended to be understood in a different sense which is not true.
Thus General de Gaulle told the French Algerians "I have understood you", which was true in one sense (he knew what they wanted) but meant to be understood in a different sense (he would give them what they wanted) which was untrue.
Obama says "election hacking", which he will justify as "e-mail hacking which influences the opinions of voters". However, this is such a loose expression that it is easily understood in a false way, and that may have been the intention.

When the porter in Macbeth describes the various classes of people he would be letting through the doors of Hell, equivocators are on his list.

edit on 30-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The Russians were more than likely not involved.

I still think it was Seth Rich when the DNC had a software glitch that allowed the Sanders campaign to see the Clinton campaign information.

I think he sent a copy to Wikileaks and was going to use it in the lawsuit he was involved in against the DNC.

I believe that was why he was killed.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't recall seeing a single MSM report alleging that Russia had rigged voting machines.

Perhaps I missed it.

Could someone provide a link?

All I've seen are accurate reports indicating that the FBI, CIA and other U.S. intelligence agencies claim to have traced the DNC hacks and ensuing propaganda back to the Russian government.
edit on 30-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
Indeed. I analysed the misinformation process in my own posting.
1) Obama says "election hacking", a loose phrase.
2) Secondary reports then quote this as "vote hacking", an even looser phrase.
3) The man in the street reads "vote hacking" and understands it as "vote-machine hacking". This leads to the poll results mentioned in the OP. The people holding this opinion presumably think they got it from Obama.

This is an example of "equivocation"- conveying a false idea by using a word or phrase which can be justfied as true in a different sense.

edit on 30-12-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Greggers
Indeed. I analysed the misinformation process in my own posting.
1) Obama says "election hacking", a loose phrase.
2) Secondary reports then quote this as "vote hacking", an even looser phrase.
3) The man in the street reads "vote hacking" and understands it as "vote-machine hacking". This leads to the poll results mentioned in the OP. The people holding this opinion presumably think they got it from Obama.

Thi is an example of "equivocation"- conveying a false idea by using a word or phrase which can be justfied as true in a different sense.

Yeah, I saw your post after I made mine.

On the one hand, there is clearly an effort to render the President Elect powerless before he ever takes office. Not that it's particularly surprising, considering the Republicans did something similar to Obama, and it's rumored that they were already planning Hillary's impeachment proceedings.

The real problem is a public that doesn't care to be informed. People believe all sorts of crap, as is evidenced on these forums daily.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Oh no! I was hoping this wouldn't happen. The mainstream media has been saying things like Russia "hacked' the election without explaining that they hacked into DNC servers and released sensitive emails that influenced the election - now we have people thinking the Russians changed vote totals...

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The sad thing is most people are stupid and will do what the best manipulator, manipulates them into doing.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: TheBulk
If you visit my youtube page, you'll find dozens and dozens of videos of various media outlets using the phrase"hacked our election". This was obviously done on purpose.

Is it all in one montage video? That would be very useful!

No but that is a good idea. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. When I get a chance I'll post a few videos of people in the media saying hacked the election.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Still waiting for the die hard evidence!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   
doesn't this really say that 52% of Democrats are idiots, where only 25% of republicans are idiots? To me, that sounds about right.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

52% of Democrats believe

belief is a beautiful thing. It requires no proof.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The MSM have done the job they are there to do - push fake news onto the willing recipients.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Tapper does it here. He implies Russia somehow hacked election results, then acts as if he never did it. It's a tactic I've seen done over and over again on CNN especially. Chris Cuomo does it a lot.

This crazy CNN contributor outright says Russia hacked voting machines:

edit on 30-12-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
"IF" they did this.
then Trump only won because
they got the vote hack in After hilery!

He who hacks last wins.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Tardacus

they believe it without seeing any evidence,they believe based solely on an accusation made by Obama.

Repeating this over and over doesn't make it true. There was evidence of Russian involvement from before any document was ever released. You weren't paying attention then and you're not paying attention now.

There is evidence Russia hacked US govt organisations. That is correct. It's been going on for years.
There is no evidence of the claims made though with regard to this election - perhaps it's you who should be paying more attention.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
doesn't this really say that 52% of Democrats are idiots, where only 25% of republicans are idiots? To me, that sounds about right.

If anything, it says that people of both stripes believe whatever they want to believe, regardless of the actual facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They say this while at the same time denigrating Trumps investigation of voter fraud, claiming there is no evidence. Actually there is overwhelming evidence of democratic voter fraud in this election and many others. You might ask why California is currently scrambling to remove the undocumented immigrant tags from their driver's license database among other issues. Also the fact that some democratic precincts in Pennsylvania received more votes for Hillary than registered voters etc. etc.

However the smoking gun is the fact that Hillary stole the primaries. Statistics show an impossible dependency on districts with voting machines.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join