It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Arrested Demanded That McDonald's Workers Turn Off "Christian Music" Playing In Eatery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Woodcarver

Where in the statement did your trolling find any threat? Where did I say your beliefs are less important than someone elses?

My point, that you missed yet again, is try mocking other religions in other countries (head off, lashes, burned to death).

Right here.

What is great about the US is the biggest inconvenience to those who don't believe is Christmas music. And the people who don't believe can make fun of those who do with little fear of reprisals.
reprisals as in punishment? Your statement leads me to think you don't like that people can make fun of your particular brand of religion without reprisals?

Wow, you read way too much into that statement IMO. Touchy much? All I have in response to that conclusion is......

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

When you are in Africa, then worry about that.

It's funny you say that when you also said this in the thread:

My point, that you missed yet again, is try mocking other religions in other countries (head off, lashes, burned to death).

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Where in the statement did your trolling find any threat? Where did I say your beliefs are less important than someone elses?

Right here.

What is great about the US is the biggest inconvenience to those who don't believe is Christmas music. And the people who don't believe can make fun of those who do with little fear of reprisals.
reprisals as in punishment? Your statement leads me to think you don't like that people can make fun of your particular brand of religion without reprisals?

Wow, you read way too much into that statement IMO. Touchy much? All I have in response to that conclusion is......

i notice you didn't find it prudent to speak up when another poster said that if you don't like living in a christian country then you should get out. But i should lighten up huh?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Perhaps, are you a Christian in Africa? And when in other countries, be aware of the culture.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Allen, a convicted felon, is locked up in lieu of $2150 bond. His lengthy rap sheet includes busts for assault; robbery; grand theft; trespass; battery; disorderly intoxication; lewd and lascivious exhibition; distributing stolen property; criminal mischief; and carrying a concealed weapon.

The real question is, with a rap sheet like that, what the hell is he doing out here with the rest of us?

To me, that is the most important thing about this story. It unfortunately is not unique to this story either.

WAY too many times I read about someone doing something absolutely horrific to someone else. Then... you hear about the rap sheet that is miles long and wonder how, why this person was still out there.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
hey, I'd actually might venture into a mc donalds once in awhile if they were playing some tull!!!

but, according to the story, were they playing christmas music or christian music...
christian music is christian, but, christmas music doesn't really have to be christian.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Right here.

i notice you didn't find it prudent to speak up when another poster said that if you don't like living in a christian country then you should get out. But i should lighten up huh?

Probably because I understood their stance, and was not misinterpreting it at all, like you did IMO. That does not mean I agree with the statement at all....but at least he is able to speak his mind freely. The issue is you twisted someones statement to meet some internal narrative of your own to become offended.

Seems I offended you too, by telling you that you are making this way more than it was...intolerant much?

edit on 12/29/2016 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Is this really an issue that needs a thread? An idiot being an idiot at a Mcdonalds goes to jail.

I sometimes read the arrest report in the newspaper and sigh, but I never thought of posting them on ATS.

I do think its ATS worthy, not because it was a meth head being a meth head but because of what the MSM and society as a whole has been pushing for awhile now.
Now this bloke was obviously a nutter but where did he get the idea that he had a right to demand anything let alone that a fast food restaurant change the music it was playing because he didnt approve?

Anything perceived as being part of "the old patriarchal system" is viewed as offensive and oppressive and open to criticism and people have the right to demand that its removed from not only their site but everyone elses as well.

This is an example of an unhinged person behaving in a way that is being programmed into all of us to varying degrees of success and this guys thoughts are probably indicative of a large section of society its just that most of them would lack the drug induced psychosis to tke it to the extreme this moron did.

Im also guessing from his level of ignorance by putting Hindu and Muslim music in the same category he was a white dude with no ties to either religion, the world is a messed up place

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

70%

Now mob rule is no good all of a sudden ?

look around you, read some news...
does it look like this country is 70% christian?
would employees of major banks be opening up accounts in peoples names without those people ever asking for them?
would we have tow truck drivers leaving handicapped people stranded on the highway or gas companies refusing to provide propane because of political differences?
would we have wars started because of politician's lies?
drones bombing countries halfway around the world?
would we have corrupted the dna of people in iraq, vietnam, so badly that they will now have badly, very badly deformed kids for generations by making their environment so toxic and then just deny all responsibility and leave them to deal with the results on their own?
would we have as much violence as we do?

no, I think you are wrong, we aren't 70% christian, it's more like we are 70% godless, "As long as I get mine, I don't give a darn about anyone else" people....
and maybe 30% who actually give a darn, have compassion, and care about others enough not to do them wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

no, I think you are wrong, we aren't 70% christian, it's more like we are 70% godless, "As long as I get mine, I don't give a darn about anyone else" people....
and maybe 30% who actually give a darn, have compassion, and care about others enough not to do them wrong.

So are you saying people that do not believe in god have no compassion??? care for others... Some of the worst people I know are highly religious

Believing in a fairy tail does not give anyone the moral high ground..

RA
edit on 29-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: DAVID64
hey, I'd actually might venture into a mc donalds once in awhile if they were playing some tull!!!

but, according to the story, were they playing christmas music or christian music...
christian music is christian, but, christmas music doesn't really have to be christian.

Jingle Bells is one song I can think of. It's just about having fun riding a sleigh in the snow.

Here's a Speedcore version of Jingle Bells for your listening pleasure.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What would have been ideal would be if the manager could play the theme from "Cops" and then inform the customer that the McRib sandwich was available for a limited time.
edit on 29-12-2016 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Read: They don't follow their own beliefs. Like how in Leviticus it says homosexuality is a sin, but also in Leviticus it says you can't have tattoos. And I'd say a good many homophobes have tattoos. I love the irony lol

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

no, but I am saying that if the country were 70% practicing christian, or even non-christians who were going by the golden rule, or wiccan reed, just treating their fellow man in manner similar to how they would like to be treated...
we wouldn't have many of the problems we are having.

the do unto others as you would have others do unto you is by far the most important command that jesus gave to his followers... and it's far too obvious that there isn't a majority of people practicing doing this..
can you be christian and still lie, cheat, steal, gather up your gold oblivious as to how your greed is affecting those around you and consider yourself christian? maybe, but if so many do that you manage to tank the world economy, then it becomes quite obvious this is not a christian nation, regardless of what they tell you.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
cockwombles will be cockwombles -

and as for the music - mc donalds store = mcmusic of thier chosing

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Christian country?

What's a Christian country?
Not the USA. Our country doesn't have a state religion. We were founded on religious freedom.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Not that I really care, but I hope when he got to jail they were playing the 12 days of Xmas!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

¿¿

All the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

70%

Now mob rule is no good all of a sudden ?

look around you, read some news...
does it look like this country is 70% christian?
would employees of major banks be opening up accounts in peoples names without those people ever asking for them?
would we have tow truck drivers leaving handicapped people stranded on the highway or gas companies refusing to provide propane because of political differences?
would we have wars started because of politician's lies?
drones bombing countries halfway around the world?
would we have corrupted the dna of people in iraq, vietnam, so badly that they will now have badly, very badly deformed kids for generations by making their environment so toxic and then just deny all responsibility and leave them to deal with the results on their own?
would we have as much violence as we do?

So, only godless people commit atrocities now? What is with you people. The things you speak of were primarily done by people who would identify as christian. Our government is comprised of mostly christians. Our presidents have Been majority christians. Our military is also comprised of mostly christians. When you speak of how unchristian these acts are, i can't help but laugh because, par for course, this is what christians have been up to for the last millenia or two. Destroying and conquering the entire globe. That is what christianity does. As well as islam. Luckily the majority of these followers of an ancient barbaric religion have been tempered down as another poster pointed out earlier.

In Africa, where the bible is taken very literally, you see the same atrocities performed by African christians that the westernized christians are appalled at when they see the fundy muslims do it. (I.e. Beheadings, brutal mass rapes of village girls, burning of nonchristians and those deemed to be nonchristians) from their point of view, they are doing god's work and are bound by a fear of divine punishment to uphold the words in the bible as divine. From an atheists point of view, it looks absolutely wretched and i cannot see any difference in the extreme versions of any faith. The tempered versions are likewise too similar to differentiate.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I could easily see shooting up the place with one too many renditions of Holly Jolly Christmas or Grandma Got Runover by a Reindeer, frankly.

And as far as stoning gay people, Barry Manilow, beware. Never sing around me or it's a rock in the gob.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join