It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam synonymous with terrorism?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Good morning.

As a Muslim I seldom experience in person the type of hate driven, misguided speech of the lunatic fringe.

I do see it on the internet, the Media has been much more kind honestly separating Islam and terrorism, though seldomly acknowledging the existence of Israeli extremism I see a change in that recently with Israelis setting up settlements in Palestinian territories illegally.

I like the Jews, but many are as extreme as the most extreme Muslim, and Israeli terrorism is a fact, though most Jews are not terrorists.

I guess I am just asking:

Who among us thinks Islam=Terrorism?

Though I know it doesn't, I would like to hear what people think about this sensitive topic.

And I mean no offense to anyone, though I would like people to understand this is a result of listening to years of propaganda from many sources.

And not knowledge or born from fact.

Thanks for your time people.

Salaam.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Religion is Terrorism. Doesn´t matter which sect!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
If Islam was synonymous with terrorism, shouldn't the entire world be in flames? There's 1.4 billion of them. I'm sure each of them could blow up 7 other people.

As that hasn't happened, and terrorism committed in the name of Islam is perpetrated primarily by groups with connections to Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi ideology, I would say no.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik

I have a better question....Who among Muslims think that violence is ok if it's used to spread the word of Islam.

Who among Muslims think it's ok to kill someone who draws a funny cartoon of Muhammad or makes fun of him.

Who Among the Muslim community thinks it's ok to beat their wives or treat them like second class citizens?

Who Among the Muslim community thinks it OK to have honor killings when someone leaves the religion or turns against Islam's teachings?

While I don't think all Muslims are terrorists I do believe your religion is archaic and needs to evolve with the modern world or be doomed to the ashes of the past....it's actually Islam's and it's followers choice on how the world views them....

edit on 29-12-2016 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I have a better question....Who among Muslims think that violence is ok if it's used to spread the word of Islam.

I don't think is a better question, I will answer it though since it answers my question in your case.

I don't know. And I don't know any who do.

Who among Muslims think it's ok to kill someone who draws a funny cartoon of Muhammad or makes fun of him.

The murderer, I would assume.

Who Among the Muslim community thinks it's ok to beat their wives or treat them like second class citizens?

Who Among the Muslim community thinks it OK to have honor killings when someone leaves the religion or turns against Islam's teachings?

None that I know.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

There is good and bad in all Human Beings
regardless of religion or non religion

link   

You should get out more.....

and maybe you missed this part.....

While I don't think all Muslims are terrorists I do believe your religion is archaic and needs to evolve with the modern world or be doomed to the ashes of the past....it's actually Islam's and it's followers choice on how the world views them....

link   
Islam is not synonymous with "terrorism" but I would argue is synonymous with "jihad." Most English speakers associate the word jihad with a holy war similar to a Crusade, but it translates as "struggle."

There are two types of Jihad, the Greater Jihad, and the Lesser Jihad. The Greater Jihad is the struggle within one's self to make the person more godly and to submit to God. The Lesser is the struggle to make one's surroundings more godly. This is where it gets tricky.

Some view this to be a duty to overthrow current governments and install an "Islamic State" ruled by Islamic Law. I believe this is a primary reason why Secular Humanism typically fails in predominantly Muslim populations.

It's not so difficult for Christians. When Christ says "render unto Caesar what is due Caesar" he is saying to respect the government, pay your taxes, be a good citizen, and focus on yourself and your relationship with God.

I think this is also the reason it was so difficult for the Ancient Jewish population, they wanted a physical/worldly solution and to them it meant overthrowing the government in power, even though it meant they were brutally crushed each and every time.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
If Islam was synonymous with terrorism, shouldn't the entire world be in flames? There's 1.4 billion of them. I'm sure each of them could blow up 7 other people.

As that hasn't happened, and terrorism committed in the name of Islam is perpetrated primarily by groups with connections to Saudi Arabia's Wahhabi ideology, I would say no.

Thank you for being a sober minded human being.

It is much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You should get out more.....

Why, I get out plenty, and you are doing the same thing as me?

I call that hypocrisy, but understand you are not aware that it is and forgive your little comment.
edit on 29-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

What I am telling you my friend is I am not Muslim and therefore are not usually privied to conversations that go on behind close doors in your community. I do however have a lot of Muslim friends and not all but some agree on at least one of the examples I asked you about....Maybe not all of them or not to the most extreme part of it but they do not condemn it and sometimes often times would be complacent if these acts were being done in the name of Islam...

Now if my friends would openly admit some of these ideas to me a NON MUSLIM....and you haven't seen ANY example of this or even tolerance to it......yes I would say to you

YOU NEED TO GET OUT MORE!!!!

link   
a reply to: Tman2135

Jihad only means struggle.

So I think it is more like the Christian idea that it is good to endure hardships, and not about war or violence, though when you need to defend yourself it could be.

Thanks.

link   
Why do Arabic men enjoy raping young helpless boys so much Mohammed?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

What I am telling you my friend is I am not Muslim and therefore are not usually privied to conversations that go on behind close doors in your community. I do however have a lot of Muslim friends and not all but some agree on at least one of the examples I asked you about....Maybe not all of them or not to the most extreme part of it but they do not condemn it and sometimes often times would be complacent if these acts were being done in the name of Islam...

Now if my friends would openly admit some of these ideas to me a NON MUSLIM....and you haven't seen ANY example of this or even tolerance to it......yes I would say to you

I just told you I get out plenty, I'm outside now as a matter of fact.

Thanks for your concern, but I am not seeking advice on socializing, DON'T need to get out more.

Perhaps you do and are projecting that unto me, I have many interests and hobbies.

I actually even run a Bible study group with Christians, so my life is very interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Religion is Terrorism. Doesn´t matter which sect!

That's not true either.

Terrorism is terrorism.

Religion is religion.

Many religions have terrorists, but religion is not terrorism.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Why do Arabic men enjoy raping young helpless boys so much Mohammed?

They don't.

I guess we know where you stand.

My name also is not Mohammed.

I think you are confused with the scandal of the RCC.

Though I don't say that to insult Catholics, it's a wel known issue.

Why are there so many pedophiles in the US?

I don't blame all Americans for that, because I am an American and not a pedo and know better than to make ignorant sweeping statements about an entire people.
edit on 29-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Well would you agree that many of the Jewish people in Israel are moderate? I think for a good deal of Muslims who do not fit into the extremist category could be also considered moderate? Although either may poses the traits of a terrorists their views may be just as influential.

I guess you have to link Islam to terrorism just as folks mostly equate priests or the Catholic Church to pedophilia. You can say that not all people who practice Islam are terrorists but I would say that 99.5 of the terrorism is by people who follow Islam.

It's a religion and like most if not all religions you have to be really grounded or you can get lost in peoples interpretation of said religions.

I find it amazing that there are over 2000 religions out there. To me that just screams that people (some) need to be led in some way. I think most people are of the herd mentality and crave that leadership or divine hope that there is more out there than what is in front of us. I'm not crapping on religion I'm just putting in my thoughts...
edit on 29-12-2016 by chrismarco because: added (in Israel) are moderate

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

really just religion is toxic

islam isnt a religion of peace but muslims can be peaceful. im not gonna stereotype 1.4 billion people

but history has shown islam doesnt play nice with others

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

I just told you I get out plenty, I'm outside now as a matter of fact.

Thanks for your concern, but I am not seeking advice on socializing, DON'T need to get out more.

Perhaps you do and are projecting that unto me, I have many interests and hobbies.

I actually even run a Bible study group with Christians, so my life is very interesting.

I love how you completely avoided and didn't acknowledge any of what I said about Muslims in my community admitting to some of the views I pointed out earlier..

Your silence is deafening....I assume by your pivot you agree with me..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yes.
- not the type literal 'terrorism' we are conditioned to, though

..but 'terrorism' in the sense of "keeping adamite souls on this world imprisoned,
because of serving an egyptian deity -- masked as 'allah' ".
That is terrorism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join