It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHY did the Russians do it????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

There are plenty of threads of accusations, suggestions, implications. . .

But proof?

Really?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
what baffles me is that NOBODY seems to care to answer the question that was raised in this thread and many others like it.

What did Russia do to influence/affect the election process?

I honestly don't give a rats ass if they hacked us or not. I just go on the assumption they did, as every country does. But until that question is answered, no actions need to be taken. (except some housecleaning on our end)

I'd love for one of the fantastic 4 to answer this.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
a reply to: DBCowboy

So much talk of retaliation, and retaliation for retaliation.....where does it stop

Actions have consequences. Pres. Trump can act like a swooning school-girl and bend over for Putin if he so chooses, but until then I have no issue with America behaving like grown ups and letting Putin know there will always be a price for effing with us. Absent a consequence, Putin will only feel encouraged to repeat the hacking.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If it was the Russians, then they exposed corruption within our own government.

That's what makes everyone so angry.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what baffles me is that NOBODY seems to care to answer the question that was raised in this thread and many others like it.

They hacked the RNC, DNC and less reported the DCCC (The org that runs congressional campaigns)
www.nytimes.com...

Interesting in that what they did there was obtain internal documents where the national committee runs self-opposition research...all the bad crap that might be an issue for their own candidate...and the Russians leaked it to opponents in local races.

They also hacked into voter rolls in several states.

They then used that material to steadily drip leaks in order to hurt Hillary Clinton as well as influence local congressional elections.

Are you asking WHY? Multiple reasons...not least of which was that Donald Trump was an easily manipulated Putin-fan, who had several Putin Friends/associates/past-political consultants on his staff...Paul Manafort, Carter Page...even General Flynn was a paid commentator of Russian State Televsion and was sufficiently critical of the US to warrant being celebrated at an awards dinner with a seat beside Putin..

But Putin also wanted to pay back HRC for publicly calling out his fraud of an election in 2011...That was a scary time for Putin...Hundred's of thousands of protestors in the street...and Putin publicly blamed Clinton as SOS for encouraging the protests..

Putin accuses Clinton, U.S. of fomenting election protests
Putin accused Clinton of declaring the vote unfair even before hearing from election watchdogs.

"We need to safeguard ourselves from this interference in our internal affairs and defend our sovereignty,” Putin said. “It is necessary to think about improving the law and toughening responsibility for those who take orders from foreign states to influence internal political processes.”

www.washingtonpost.com... 2ad5

So this was also payback in Putins mind..

I honestly don't give a rats ass if they hacked us or not. I just go on the assumption they did, as every country does.

Every country spies and hacks...But NO they do not conduct hacking/cyber campaigns with the aim of influencing the electoral process.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are plenty of threads of accusations, suggestions, implications. . .

But proof?

Really?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That is weird in the sense that your OP is a collection of just "saying things"....

There is a tonnage of evidence out there and even very clear answers to the "Why did the Russians do it"..

But your OP is formatted like you are going to present evidence...

Then you say stuff like..

The Russians didn't do anything really
The US Intelligence community has failed miserably
The intelligence community requires gobs and GOBS of funding
etc.??

Nothing personal...But since when does just randomly saying things while not providing ANY evidence or even a solid argument qualify as an OP?

You did not answer the question...but WORSE YET...you didn't even try to answer the question..

This, from the Grand MASTER of deflection and obfuscation!

Oh, the irony!!!!

LOL!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

That is weird in the sense that your OP is a collection of just "saying things"....

There is a tonnage of evidence out there and even very clear answers to the "Why did the Russians do it"..

But your OP is formatted like you are going to present evidence...

Then you say stuff like..

The Russians didn't do anything really
The US Intelligence community has failed miserably
The intelligence community requires gobs and GOBS of funding
etc.??

Nothing personal...But since when does just randomly saying things while not providing ANY evidence or even a solid argument qualify as an OP?

You did not answer the question...but WORSE YET...you didn't even try to answer the question..

This, from the Grand MASTER of deflection and obfuscation!

Oh, the irony!!!!

LOL!!!

Again...that post was a burp..Foul smelling and evaporating without substance..Much like the OP.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

So if a country tries to influence an election, should that country be punished?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Nope, not a shred presented so far!

There's not even been an attempt at an explanation from the accusers of "what" was hacked, or "how" it possibly influenced anything let alone the elections!

It's all just fantasy dreamland.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

SO which documents were released and to whom? That is the charge you seem to be asserting.

Was it the Podesta E-mails?

And I need to know how you know this:

and what they did with that information to change the election.

Keep this simple and on point. If you have real answers and you aren't full of crap, you should be able to counter my stupidity with facts.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The funny thing is, when Obama sent his campaign staff to Israel in order to defeat Netanyahu, no one complained.

But when it is discovered that our process is corrupt and full of lies, we rattle sabers?

It's embarrassing.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Why did the Russians do it ?

Me thinks the XENOPHOBES doth protest too much.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I honestly don't give a rats ass if they hacked us or not. I just go on the assumption they did, as every country does. But until that question is answered, no actions need to be taken. (except some housecleaning on our end)

I'd love for one of the fantastic 4 to answer this.

"What did Russia do to influence/affect the election process?"

- they didn't.

Or you really thought that the chosen [vatican] candidate Trump wásnt groomed to win..?

just deflection, this hacking nonsense.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It's gone WAY beyond "embarrasing"!

It's now in the realm of 'clinically delusional bordering on paranoid schizophrenia'.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

SO which documents were released and to whom? That is the charge you seem to be asserting.

Was it the Podesta E-mails?

And I need to know how you know this:

and what they did with that information to change the election.

Keep this simple and on point. If you have real answers and you aren't full of crap, you should be able to counter my stupidity with facts.

Let's make sure I understand your questions and we aren't just BSING for rhetorical purposes..

(a) What was released? To whom?
Have you researched this at all? Multiple DNC accounts, plus Colin Powell and others. Plus the DCCC which handles local level congressional candidates...I assume you understand the Podesta, Brazille, Powell and DNC leaks?
I'll provide you with a lesser known facet...Here is the hand-over of internal opposition research on a FL candidate for congress to a right wing blogger in FL...it was used in that election to knock out the Dem candidate..

“I don’t think you realize what you gave me,” the blogger said, looking at the costly internal D.C.C.C. political research that he had just been provided. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

www.nytimes.com...

(b) How I know the voter rolls were hacked into in multiple states?
Russians Hacked Two U.S. Voter Databases, Officials Say
www.nbcnews.com...
U.S. official: Hackers targeted voter registration systems of 20 states
www.chicagotribune.com...
You can research that on your own..

(c) What they did with the voter roll information?
Good question...It appears "probing"...they definitely got personal data and I think DOBs, maybe SS #s...but it was apparently "research".
edit on 29-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

IF WE ALLOW THIS...ACCEPT THIS....THEN ALL FUTURE ELECTIONS, BOTH DEM AND GOP CANDIDATES WILL INCLUDE PANDERING TO RUSSIA IN FUTURE ELECTORAL COMPETITIONS...OUT OF FEAR OF WHAT THEY MIGHT HACK AND LEAK NEXT TIME.

THEY ALSO HACKED THE RNC AND GOP IN CONGRESS...BUT ARE SITTING ON THAT INFO...NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT?

JUST CUZ IT HELPED YOUR GUY (THIS TIME) IS A #TY REASON TO ABANDON OUR SOVERIEGNITY.

WE NEED TO RESPOND..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So if a country tries to influence an election, should that country be punished?

If the country does it through illegal hacking of political parties and government systems YES.

You are farting around with the word "influence"....Sharing an opinion is "influencing"...So is beating someone...A massive cyber hacking and leak campaign conducted by the Russian Military Cyber team GRU...is not sharing an opinion.

Stop BSing...be direct and honest in your questions.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yo explain to me how the electoral college got 'hacked' ?

Some foreign power isn't the greatest threat we face.

It's the GD democratic party doing everything they can to maintain power and control.

By trying to delegitmize the last election because they LOST.

Deal with it, and stop making excuses, and trying to get us in to a war with Russia.

Putin ain't Obama.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Stop BSing...be direct and honest in your questions.

Ok.

You are a hypocrite. Obama and the DNC are hypocrites.

The US has done far worse than anything the Russians have supposedly done, and you encourage and accept it. But when the vile corruption in our own government is exposed, you and the leftists piss themselves like stupid little babies.

Is that direct enough for you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join