It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF you Knew Life does not End with Death...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

Mark Twain

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Im guessing you've been watching the new Netflix Original series OA.

If not, I recommend it.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is what I already believe even though, as your post suggested, I can't know for certain, I like to pretend that I do.

I still treat others as best I can despite my own issues. Sometimes I make mistakes. I've treated others badly before. But I've always done my best to make those things right when I feel its necessary.

I just feel like...... I'll be the best person I know how to be, while not attempting to be a saint, and whatever happens happens.

I sure hope it doesn't end. I kind of hope my soul or energy at least goes somewhere cool.

But I don't think that knowing for a fact that life doesn't end with death would cause me to live my life any differently than I do now.

Because we do KNOW that energy cannot be created or destroyed, so i'm going somewhere when it's all said and done after all.

-Alee
edit on 12/29/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

If I knew for sure that i'd be going to another place and wouldn't die entirely... then I wouldn't go through this life worrying about death.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I imagine a lot of disillusioned/depressed people may choose to commit suicide and simply move on to the next existence rather than tolerate the injustice, depravity, war and strife that seem to go hand in hand with the current iteration of life.

Chances are through if we follow the same paradigm in our next existence as we do in our current existence then injustice, depravity, war and strife will also be the rule of the day.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Birth from the womb wasn't 'death', either. When you pass you don't die, you are reborn into the next world, like you were originally born into this life. Don't trip everyone does it, there will be midwives over there to make sure it goes alright.

Advice to treat others like you want to be treated...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Try going there without dying...anywhere and everywhere.

I will pose this question to you :

What if you knew most of the reasons why everything is as it is...and knew how and where to look for the complete truth and actually get it...and realize only about 10 people on the planet have the guts to try it.....and you realize if you reveal yourself and how....it will entirely make a mockery of the free will illusion therefore causing nearly everyone to despair since they cannot cope with the REALIZATIONS.
edit on 29-12-2016 by ParasuvO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
What if you knew most of the reasons why everything is as it is...and knew how and where to look for the complete truth and actually get it...and realize only about 10 people on the planet have the guts to try it.....and you realize if you reveal yourself and how....it will entirely make a mockery of the free will illusion therefore causing nearly everyone to despair since they cannot cope with the REALIZATIONS.

No one would believe it!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

I don't think there is any complete truth to be had even if indeed our essence transcends death our universe is still for all intents and purposes infinite by nature hence truth may vary depending on location or perspective no matter where we may find ourselves.

The journey is probobly more important than any truths to be had anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The journey is probobly more important than any truths to be had anyway.

The truth shall set you free.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

a reply to: ParasuvO

I don't think there is any complete truth to be had even if indeed our essence transcends death our universe is still for all intents and purposes infinite by nature hence truth may vary depending on location or perspective no matter where we may find ourselves.

Have you found 'your' self?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When I'm gone from here, the only thing that may remain is the memory of how I've at least attempted to treat others. And even if that vanishes, at least maybe, just maybe, I made existing one iota more bearable for someone else. Even when I'm gone, at least that's something for someone somewhere.

That remains true whether I wink out of existence at death, or whether there's something after this. If I knew with certainty there was or was not something after this, it wouldn't change that stance for me. Because that may be all there is ultimately.

I choose to believe there is life after death... but freely acknowledge that is faith, not provable knowledge. Faith is a free choice.

And if my faith were in error, and there were nothing after this and I knew with certainty that was the case... I would still endeavor to conduct myself as best I could, in a futile defiance of nonexistence, and in the hope that at least people's potentially meaningless in the grand scheme of things existence - and those of their and my progeny - might at least resound with some modicum of peace and comfort before that happens.

So I guess the answer is: neither changes how I choose to try to conduct myself. I've believed both at different times, and maintained throughout it all my core beliefs with respect to how I try to treat and interact with people.

But I still choose one over the other personally.

Peace.
edit on 12/29/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

"Have you found 'your' self?"

Just in the mirror buddy.

"The truth shall set you free."

Truth is transitory, one Mans truth is another Mans lie, shades of grey is probobly a whole lot more accurate description of the reality we experience.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Truth is transitory, one Mans truth is another Mans lie, shades of grey is probobly a whole lot more accurate description of the reality we experience.

What is here right here and now is as true as it is going to get. No word can speak it and nothing can grasp it - but it is unavoidable and undeniable.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

"Have you found 'your' self?"

Just in the mirror buddy.

What is seeing the image appearing in the mirror?
Can the seer ever be seen? As soon as the seer is seen......it is no longer the seer - it is the seen.
What is ultimately seeing?
edit on 29-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Truth is far too subjective to be even remotely universal, its all about perception

I fail to see why we are so special that we get life after life, it seems ridiculous. Death is just what it says on the tin...death

Even if reincarnation were a real phenomenon, it still won't be "you" so "you" dies, your personality & character is no more that "you-ness" is gone so what's the point?

I think the energy released at death simply goes back to the source and is recycled. Your energy could be used to make a blade of grass or a bird or another human perhaps, but YOU have gone and ceased to exist.

Personally, i'm terrified of dying, not so much the process but of what I won't see or be able to do...its the fact of just disappearing and not being me, of ceasing to exist. I want to live thousands of years I'm too curious about this world to die!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Personally, i'm terrified of dying, not so much the process but of what I won't see or be able to do...its the fact of just disappearing and not being me, of ceasing to exist.

The thing is you don't exist now (so will never cease to be) - well, you do but not as what you believe yourself to be.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

"What is seeing the image appearing in the mirror?"

The real question is, does the mirror really exist?

From a biological/physics stand point my brain is simply interpreting the photons/rays of light that strike the smooth surface of a mirror and bounce back at the same angle.

Our eyes see these reflected photons as a mirror image which the brain then interpenetrates and recognizes as myself.

edit on 29-12-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

"What is seeing the image appearing in the mirror?"

The real question is, does the mirror really exist?

From a biological/physics stand point my brain is simply interpreting the photons/rays of light that strike the smooth surface of a mirror and bounce back at the same angle.

Our eyes see these reflected photons as a mirror image which the brain interpenetrates.

If that is the case.....does your brain or eyes exist?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Only in the same manner as the text on our screen.

I really don't understand the intricacies of the reality we experience anymore than anyone else does which is probobly how its supposed to be.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join