It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, So Many Famous People Died This Year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think I will repost what I said in the Carrie Fisher thread.....

.....reminds us all of our own morality, if we are old enough to have seen Carrie as the Princess in 1977 at the theater, it means we are getting on as well, and most likely more of our life is behind us than in front of us, and that amplifies the sadness as we reflect on this sad news.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Nope, I saw it at the theatre as a kid and I still couldn't give a toss.
I didn't know her.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

There are many more that can be added to that list. I am surprised this wasn't on the list.

Burt Kwouk. Appeared in over 50 films, among them James Bond and The Pink Panther ( where he played the part of Cato )

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

I genuinely hope this does not come across as insensitive, but 90% of the people in that list were aged between 60 and mid 90's

Sure a few died before their time, but we are all getting older and 2016 was a year when many of those older folk were called to final rest.

No, thats fine. there are some solid life experiences there. the guy who wrote watership down died the other day at like 96 years old or something. Thats a good lifetime (well, for current human standards anyhow)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That's exactly it for me. We are reminded of our own mortality. She was 17 when I was born. Makes me feel it's not too far away for me as well.

Then again, who knows? From day to day in my local obits, there are people who are almost 100, and there are babies. I guess it really is true only God knows when it's our turn.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Now William Christopher died from MASH

posted on Jan, 6 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
There were a lot this year, problem with this is, people will start tossing lots to see what celebrity is next gambling on it around the net. Reminiscent of Blade Runner but, with Stars.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Dying celebrities could be the canary in the coal mine.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Carrie Fisher was one that actually hit home.
I'm a huge Star Wars fan, and actually got to meet her last year (wife and I got a photo op too).
As sad as it was to see her in that state, even more sad to hear her pass.
That movie changed my whole world when I first saw it as a kid.
I was listening to the Star Wars soundtrack that day, and when Leia's theme came on....Niagara Falls man....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join