It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy Marijuana usage tied to newly diagnosed illness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That study was no where near as conclusive as your regarding.

Showing which area is effected is not the same as how it effects the individual.

This is as bad as me saying well bill Gates was blazing marijuana all day when he made Microsoft a fortune 500 company therefore the effect on his ventral tegmental area of the brain was positive.

Or pot must have made elon musk design the dragon rocket.

Abusing anything can obviously be bad. But, there are way more factors involved in human motivation than what a brain scan can show.

What if blazing all that weed makes over active minds calm, or helps ptsd, or stops pain etc...

I am always very skeptical of blanket findings in psychology.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's funny, most everyone here had the initial reaction of thinking this was a propaganda piece. My initial thought was here is something else the govt got involved in that suddenly became bad for us. Seems to fit the pattern.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. Cannabis is a medicine and medicines can have side effects. Actually most medicines have side effects. Why the hot shower relieves the symptoms is kind of weird. Prescribe saunas to get rid of the side effects. To fix the dehydration problem, drink lots of beer when in the changing room between going into the sauna.

Boy, this brings back some memories of the old days back in the seventies.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I know a cure for this condition! If you smoke alot and you stomach starts to hurt and feel sick, go to your closest convenience store and grab a bag of chips and eat them, you'll probably want to grab a snapped too..for the dry mouth. Because that's exactly what happens when you smoke a lot of pot and haven't eaten anything.

Hot shower... Lol sex overload = cold shower.. Weed overload = hot shower..

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If there would be some harm in heavy use, (though cancer victims need heavy amounts), then can't imagine it being WORSE THAN HEAVY ALCHOHOL, OR EVEN HEAVY BURGERS AND FAST FOOD!

I couldn't care less if a few harm themselves with anything from drinks, to foods, to herbs, to tylenol, to pot, to kentucky fried chicken.

What a few do, has no bearing on the freedoms and rights of citizens.

Here is the basics: the universe or God, whatever flavor you believe in there, created abundance in cannabis, and seeds of the earth, for all creatures great and small, without middle men. No one has any rights over you. They can't tell you what to drink, eat or use, and they can't steal the resources of this planet.

They can expect you not to rape,murder, fraud, embezzle, exploit them, as WE EXPECT THEM TO DO WITH US. WE ALSO EXPECT THEM NOT TO ENSLAVE US.

But this other thing, whether you're on the fence or not is your own personal choice. It doesnt affect mine. And by the way, any laws that violate our sovereign rights, or try to force us in child state, slave state, and divorce us from the land and resources and seeds of the planet ARE NULL AND VOID CREATIONS, they don't exist. They 're not legal.

edit on 29-12-2016 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Some people on here at any mention of any illness caused by mj are very angry to say the lest. Anything in large quantities is bad. To much water drinking can cause an illness where people drown in their own fluid.

www.medicaldaily.com...

Serously if its a medication then to much of it is a poison.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
This isn't propaganda, it is very much true - the Kidney Failure part I am not too sure on though.

When they are talking heavy usage, they are talking in the range of say a pack of 30-40Cigarettes worth a weed a day, heavy HEAVY usage.

I've seen this a little too often in the rural town that used to be my hometown in rural NSW (Australia), where 50% if not more of the people smoke weed.

[SNIPPED]

I also saw this occasionally in the hospital I worked at when I was an Aide, I would occasionally speak up to the doctor in admissions or the head nurse when I saw the signs, often times they would just dismiss it because they knew better (and pointing out how you knew the signs wasn't an easy thing to explain), until the same person would come back in 3-4 times in a week.

Every person is different, and every drug has side effects, and there are many different strains of weed in different CBD/THC concentrations, with the rise in weed being more acceptable and becoming legal more now, some of the side effects are being noticed.

It's not propaganda or scare mongering, in this case it is very true.
edit on 29-12-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 29 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: personal use comment removed

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Corpocracy strikes again.

Dun dun duuuuun.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Full on B.S.

Reefer is good for you, anyone who says otherwise is trying to control you.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I came across a Tibetan philosphy years ago that basically said you shouldn't do anything seven days in a row. Including eat the same kind of food, drink the same tea etc.

The only effect a hot shower would seem to have is psychosomatic. It's water. However the mind creates plenty of illness. It's very possible there is major guilt going on with the use of a substance with so much noteriety that manifests itself in the body.

I would be interested to see how people's say parents, friends, mentors, etc felt about the people getting sick being users. Just to see if there is unconscious guilt or worry manifesting itself.
edit on 29-12-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Yes but it's impossible to know if it's unconscious.

And are you saying these people who did drugs with theor parents were vomitting?

Meditation can also do the same thing as hot water so, not sure that is necesarily a powerful enough agent to on its own without the mind being calmed have an effect in a serious ailment.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

How do I described vomiting associated with it: Not the type where you have food poisoning or a bad stomach bug, not initially nauseous, more when you start to hit the pipe or the joint and you start feeling pretty sick nasty while breathing a load in: nausea, cold shivers and then you start salivating and gagging and bang, vomit comet time.

As I said, this is associated with very heavy use, throughout the day and night, the moment you get up and wake and bake style use.

You may have to read up on the CB Receptors and the effects of drugs on them, it's similar to Opiod receptors, you'll have to do a little research on them.

Edit: I never said the people who did it with their parents were vomiting, I said I know a couple of people back in my old life that went through what I did, and 1 or 2 people when I was an Aide in Hospital - Also knew a stack of people who smoked more then mexico could smuggle over the border a month and have no problem ever, as I said, every person is different.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Israel has been researching weed since the 70"s...they are leaps & bounds ahead of the USA and others in what they know about weed. I'm sure if this was a REAL condition it would have been spoken about before 2016. Every industry there is has it's "demon side". IMHO this is some ones attempt to discredit ALL the good things this plant does for humans. Demonize alcohol industry....they kill far more people each & every day than weed has in two thousand years. Being 54 and a medical weed user...this is just poppycock bullshat.

IMHO when the weed industry gets thru creating the two or three big Phillip Morris, RJ Reynolds type corporations that have almost total control of the industry, then & only then will we see it become like alcohol....anywhere & everywhere. They aren't gonna let this industry be Mom & Pop where there's thousands of little companies across the nation.....do we see thousands of tobacco companies nations wide? No we do not. Do we see small mom & pop cigarette manufactures out there? No we do not. Trust me folks, TPTB have a plan for the weed industry & our "best interest" isn't even considered.
edit on 29-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Are you going to say that with 7 Billion people on Earth that not one of them with have some type of side effect with using weed? Are you actually going to say it is that magical that it does not have one side effect in any one person on this earth at all?

Come on, this is not a case of some industries trying to discredit weed! Have most of any of you actually READ the reports or anything associated with this condition? Or are you just here to discredit anyone that says a single bad little thing about your magical plant?

Every last damn thing on this planet has a side effect to it if you have too much of it, not enough of it, are sensitive to it, not one thing on this planet does NOT have a side effect to it.

I have no problem with people defending weed one little bit, but I start to have a problem when they start claiming that anything with a bad link to weed is BS and a Conspiracy and all made up.

There are 300+ different compounds in weed that interact with the human body and brain in many ways, and considering that every one is di8fferent and have different genetics it's very easy to see that some will have some side effects with use; some people codeine does not work on, on some it does but not fully, on others a single small does of codiene can kill that person all because they have a different expression in a gene in there genetics.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Prove me wrong...please. Show me anything as to where this condition as you say was around lets say 25 years ago. Versus the recent past. TOO many people trying to do natures job....stop cross breeding the strains. Keep the strains pure...the way nature intended. I have to leave now I have a Doctors apt today.......I'm dying of ALS and medical weed is about the only thing I have found that does a damn thing for my symptoms. Anytime humans try to do natures job it gets fouled up......I give you hot house tomatoes as an example.....their just damn nasty.a reply to: MuonToGluon

edit on 29-12-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I see you edited and included more in your posts:

I'm not here to discredit weed, I'm not here to say it's bad, I'm not here to say not to take it and that it causes people to turn to zombies etc etc.

I'm here to say that in some people there are side effects, and with the increasing usage and it becoming more legal more people who have never went near it before are using it, unlike when we had laws that put you in jail for 30 years to life and a scare program to scare everyone into thinking it turned you into a flesh eating zombie.

The difference is that many people are using it now, many many many more publicly and that testing weed on humans in experiments and studies at some stages were illegal, times have changed and now people are using weed, and some of those people may have a side effect or 2 in using it.

I'm not trying to discredit anything at all, I'm just trying to say that it can have side effects in some people.

I am sorry for your condition, I myself am in the late stages of Liver Disease (I could not use weed even if I desired, the mass amount of bile produced if I smoked it makes me start vomiting up very nasty black stuff, and ingesting in an edible form would cloud my judgement worse then the ammonia build up flooding my brain)), I understand your plight, not the same but the end result for both of us in a short time is the same.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join