It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Richard Adams! Why 2016? Why?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Not Richard Adams! He passed away Dec. 27.

He was 96. He wrote my favorite all-time novel Watership Down. Maybe I sensed something because I just finished reading it again. Something compelled me to pick it up and jam it in alongside Moby Dick and the second book in Hugh Howey's 'Silo' trilogy.

His website marked his death with the following passage from the book:

"It seemed to Hazel that he would not be needing his body any more, so he left it lying on the edge of the ditch, but stopped for a moment to watch his rabbits and to try to get used to the extraordinary feeling that strength and speed were flowing inexhaustibly out of him into their sleek young bodies and healthy senses.
"You needn't worry about them," said his companion. "They'll be alright - and thousands like them."

It looks like a new animated series of the book has been made and will be airing this year. I look forward to seeing if it is any less frightening than the original movie.

A spokesman for Oneworld publications, which brought out a new edition of Watership Down with illustrations by Aldo Galli in 2014, said they were "very saddened" at his death.

"His books will be cherished for years to come," the spokesman said.

A new animated series of the book, co-produced by the BBC and Netflix, is due to be aired in 2017 with four hour-long episodes.
Sir Ben Kingsley, Olivia Colman and John Boyega have been cast to provide voices in the new adaptation.

I'm going to leave a link to the movie which should not be watched by small children. I happen to love it, but it spares nothing on the blood and horror found in the book.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Damn, he was only 96.

He could've made 100, why didn't he?

Plenty of ordinary folk died this year including a few A.T.S members.

Let's remember all those that have lost their lives this year, and the families who have been left to mourn.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

join