It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration prepares sanctions, retaliation for Russian election meddling

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In case people missed it the first time.

This is hardly the first time a country has tried to influence the outcome of another country's election.The U.S. has done it, too, by one expert's count, more than 80 times worldwide between 1946 and 2000. That expert is Dov Levin of Carnegie Mellon University. I asked him to tell me about one election where U.S. intervention likely made a difference in the outcome.

NPR

Really? just 80 times?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Maybe Obama ordered it, maybe not. That's the problem.

The US Intelligence services went rogue a long time ago and now operate totally independently, doing whatever the hell they want with almost no oversight or control. It's a serious problem.

The Pentagon is getting quite angry since they're supplying terrorists in Syria that are fighting terrorists being supplied by the CIA.

Nothing they say should be trusted or believed. These people are experts at lies, disinformation and propaganda. Their job is to create enemies where they did not exist previously.
edit on -060006pm12kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Russia messed with the elections but it didn't effect the outcome .Then why the rhetoric? The next one will be Russia messed with the elections and it did effect the outcome so the elections are invalid.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yeah really.

ATS loves to talk about the most two notable examples.

Cuba and Iran.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

They've always been rogue.

The joke is that one party blames the other or the President when in reality they all want to screw over other nations and pull the strings of puppets.

Pointless finger pointing whilst feeling good looking in the mirror.

Take this whole thread for instance...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yeah really.

ATS loves to talk about the most two notable examples.

Cuba and Iran.

And I can't think of a country we haven't. Probably even Iceland.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The only reason it's even being talked about is they are still trying to delegitimatize the last election.

Even though Clinton got more votes, and they think pissing off a nuclear power is a good idea because Obama and company consistently put politics above the best interest of this country, and it's citizens.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I find myself guilty of it even as an independent.

We need to abolish parties and force our candidates to explain their whole platform.

The idea that people can fit in two ideologies is insanity. We are far to unique for that, I fear I'll never see another Ron Paul.

Let's be honest here. I personally find it curious his sons skyrocketing popularity among the party when he did similar to Bernie. Just like Bernie sold out to the Democrats as was shown in the wikileaks.

As they say everyone has a price. Get money out of politics.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It is surreal to see the level of filth and incompetence that Obama has invested himself in.

A curse is upon him.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Russia messed with the elections but it didn't effect the outcome .Then why the rhetoric? The next one will be Russia messed with the elections and it did effect the outcome so the elections are invalid.

Yep its almost like they are painting another propaganda picture. Wag the dog with words

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I find myself guilty of it even as an independent.

We need to abolish parties and force our candidates to explain their whole platform.

The idea that people can fit in two ideologies is insanity. We are far to unique for that, I fear I'll never see another Ron Paul.

I've always said that such BS partisan politics is a joke, like someone dancing with two left feet.

Most won't admit they do it though and the dance continues.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The only reason it's even being talked about is they are still trying to delegitimatize the last election.

Even though Clinton got more votes, and they think pissing off a nuclear power is a good idea because Obama and company consistently put politics above the best interest of this country, and it's citizens.

I simply can't believe she had more popular votes (if even in my head, that is fake news). After all the Obama redistricting, and I could write a very lengthy thread about being threatened with jail because I wouldn't cooperate with their very personal and deep diving consensus. Seeing how they didn't really have a legal leg to stand on, I repeatedly refused. Sorry, I digress....

But for all the shenanigans and redistricting, I simply doubt she received the popular vote. That in itself is intended to delegitimize the election.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It ddn't make sense to me either.

Since the EC vote is determined by the most 'popular' vote per state.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

At least I am not the only one who caught that New World order comment.... tell me everything I need to know about those 2 idiots.

The people need to decide if they want to be part of a One World Government..not have it covertly shoved up their butts. This needs to be put up for a vote and dealt with accordingly

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yes, but I try to have optimism to balance my cynicism.

It does appear that Paul set the stage for anti establishment.

This cycle had two, one for both parties. (if you count Trump, I will wait to see)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yea, I have voted for many spectrums, party loyalty to me is selling my morals IMO.

Though I've been lambasted for not having a moral code by commiting to a party, that is our society though. Pick a pile of #e wrapped in a different color cloth.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This is more about the establishment trying to antagonize Russia and make it difficult for Mr Trump to normalize relations than actions based on truth.

I just hope Putin sees through it and is patient enough to wait for Trump to take office and start afresh.
edit on 28-12-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't think Trump can be president and instantly remove a bunch of the things that Obama has done.

They keep passing bills and other things that you know Trump is definitely against and will remove. It all seems like a waste of time and desperation. But I think they have something planned that will make it difficult for Trump to revert many of the things that the Obama administration has done in the past few months.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Yes, but I try to have optimism to balance my cynicism.

It does appear that Paul set the stage for anti establishment.

This cycle had two, one for both parties. (if you count Trump, I will wait to see)

No, I'm optimistic too, just not as optimistic as I was when I was duped to vote for the Chi-Raq style "change".

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

He kept the dynasty going better than Jeb could hahaha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join