It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking about high tech? Tritium Titanium Alloy Tail Light Cap For Blackwater SR71

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I was doing some research on Tritium ... and look what I found...

This definitely would fix everything !!

It got all the
key words Tritium Titanium Alloy Tail Light Cap For Blackwater SR71

Note: Not the most interesting post... but i had a laugh!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

If its really Tritium, its radioactive. It will decay the housing over time and leak jellied radioactive goo. If you put the end of the flashlight in your mouth for hands free activity, that could be ingesting radioactive materials, the worst case scenario.

Just get some glow in the dark plastic instead.

A buck 2fitty at the toy store.

Further: Watch dials used to be lit by it, and at one point Tritium night sights were incorporated in the front sight post of M16s. Those stocks were rotted a few years after they were issued, and considered hazardous. I remember seeing cases of the jellied things for sale at the gun shows.

Cue the radioactive banana crowd.
edit on 28-12-2016 by intrptr because: Further:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I get you. Not my goal.

My Tritium research is based on the creation of long term batteries.

I think it is possible to use those keychain light to charge a supercap enough to power up a timed sensor , and a ESP8266 ESP-12 or something alike.

Some interesting private research is being done.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Any isotope is radioactive, the term half-life is disingenuous. They use radioactive material for military (or "tactical" ) applications because the light is self generating, and can be readily seen in lo light conditions. That works both ways, by the way. If you can see it so can the "enemy".

They opt for using tritium because well, combat is more dangerous, relatively speaking.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

My only enemy is fossiele fuel control

BTW: My OP was actually just fun, but as you replied with information and sincerity , i'm willing to discuss actually uses , advantages and disadvantages.
edit on 28-12-2016 by EartOccupant because: Energy!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If its really Tritium, its radioactive. It will decay the housing over time and leak jellied radioactive goo.

I have tritium night sights and optics on all of my firearms. Nothing has melted yet. Pretty sure Tritium, properly encased, isn't that crazy.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I have tritium sights on my Ed Brown 1911. You can only see them from the rear of the pistol. They are great for low light conditions.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Bananas are not radioactive! They are safe and nutritious as Blinky the fish!

It is a little known fact there Normy that tritium is also used in EXIT signs. It is sealed in glass tubes that is coated to emit light. There should be a warning sticker on there saying as much (i.e., "Do not, under any circumstances, open, lick, ingest, rub on your body, touch mucous membranes... etc"). And it is regulated by NRC.

Low level beta radiation does not penetrate paper so if it is low enough amount, it would be harmless as... a banana!

OP, did you see the "nuclear waste to diamond battery" thread? Same concept. With a decent conversation. With a half life of 12 years in 25 years your battery would need replacing.

Flashlights are cool! Ever see a laser-phosphorus flashlight?? They are going to used in some sport car next year (maybe it was a luxury sedan, not sure) but they are pretty bright.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Looks like some break trough technology is surfacing..

Controlled ... or escaped ?

Something i do remember there was a paint of some-kind commercially available, just paint a wall and you would have infinite light...

That dissapeared... not sure because why..

People got radiated ? Or even worse... would hang up solar panels ?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Never heard that one before! Sounds like the wonder material graphene making too soon an appearance. The same thing happened to the graphene light bulb... one day a big announcement, manufacturing set up, a date set, then *crickets* with no further word. The scuttle butt is patents and such not with the result of no new high-tech lightbulb.

Reminds me of the new Tool album!

Leaked, escaped, controlled release, black project world to gray or white world... just know that it never seems to show up. Which is starting to tick me off!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yeah!

In my lifetime I've seen so may announcements of breakthroughs....
30 years later.. I'm still waiting..
Thats not only fraud, dreamers, anomaly's or coincidences... Thats a system !

On the subject: I got a Thorium feeling about this... Only more accessible for the common man to experiment with.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

You lost me at US $2,199.00 / piece....
Cool videos though, probably cheaper in China.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Ofcourse!

Look at the first pic... and thats with all the exotics..

In basic You could actually make this battery for:

± $ 15 Tritium sticks x solar panel surface
± $ 5 (Solar gadget / joule thief ) as donor materials
± $ .97 Capacitor

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If its really Tritium, its radioactive. It will decay the housing over time and leak jellied radioactive goo.

I have tritium night sights and optics on all of my firearms. Nothing has melted yet. Pretty sure Tritium, properly encased, isn't that crazy.

'Nothing has melted, yet'. As long as it is properly encased. A gaseous isotope, encased in glass vials. Don't break them, they will eventually decay and leak thru the glass, though. Because It is radioactive.

But lead 'poisoning' is harmful during a gun fight, too.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

I have tritium sights on my Ed Brown 1911. You can only see them from the rear of the pistol. They are great for low light conditions.

I used to drill holes and fill with white paint, so three dots appear in a row when sighting in lo light. If its totally dark though you might not be able to see your target...

Unless you are so still he gets so close that you don't need sights at all.

Unless you have night vision and he don't, If he has night vision and sees the glow in the dark sights, or any other shiny surface (like optics).

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

It isn't glass. They use synthetic corundum crystals surrounded by silicon epoxy.

Tritium isn't radioactive enough to melt anything.

Besides it releases Beta radiation. It would be stopped by the aluminum surrounding the corundum lamp.

Corundum itself is aluminum oxide. It is well shielded and there isn't enough tritium gas to cause a serious problem even if it somehow did break.
edit on 28 12 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Low level beta radiation does not penetrate paper so if it is low enough amount, it would be harmless...

Alpha and Beta is extremely harmful if ingested.

The short decay path will irradiate nearby cells, potentially giving rise to cancer. Depends how much you ingest, over how long a period, whether you breathe or swallow, it, etc.

Remember the nuclear boycott?

How to build your own reactor...
Alittle more in depth segment from a show on him...
And a techy examination of whats inside some older smoke alarms.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Like I said bullets are a lot more dangerous.

Tritium is only harmful if ingested...

Since tritium is a low energy beta emitter, it is not dangerous externally (its beta particles are unable to penetrate the skin), but it can be a radiation hazard when inhaled, ingested via food or water, or absorbed through the skin.

wiki, health risks

The reason they encase it so carefully in modern sights is because it is radioactive and anything radioactive is potentially dangerous.

Edit: They do sometimes leak and need to be replaced.

blog
edit on 28-12-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thats the problem with this stuff..

LONG term effects on the human.

But what if it is part of our system already, ... using it ..or not.. ?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

um, no. Tritium is a low level beta emitter. It's not very radioactive, and it certainly won't rot M16 stocks.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join