It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Word was with God, and the Word was A god

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SethTsaddik

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Come to find out God is just a word for a club they had back then in the galactic network..like space shriners.

I don't follow.

Many gods back then.

So there is site that was doing a supposedly more authentic translation of the OT from the way ancient hebrews actually discussed in subject vs a mistranslation by the greeks and basically it came across not as a single spooky deity but instead rather a sky council of lords that had domain over the earth..aka, the god(s) were space beings that were running a project here on earth. Sure, their tech was so wildly advanced it was all magical to the inhabitants of earth, but still just that..

the many lords of the land makes a lot more (sci-fi) sense than a spooky ghost god super paranormal events stuff, so sure...why not.

Follow yet?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Come to find out God is just a word for a club they had back then in the galactic network..like space shriners.

I don't follow.

Many gods back then.

So there is site that was doing a supposedly more authentic translation of the OT from the way ancient hebrews actually discussed in subject vs a mistranslation by the greeks and basically it came across not as a single spooky deity but instead rather a sky council of lords that had domain over the earth..aka, the god(s) were space beings that were running a project here on earth. Sure, their tech was so wildly advanced it was all magical to the inhabitants of earth, but still just that..

the many lords of the land makes a lot more (sci-fi) sense than a spooky ghost god super paranormal events stuff, so sure...why not.

Follow yet?

Some people believe the gods have returned. I'm kinda in agreement with this sentiment after seeing some wild images for beings that look like beings of myth and legend. Who knows, maybe they're back to reclaim what's theirs.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Another thing about Blavatsky:

She mentioned repeatedly one Ammonius Saccas, a virtually unheard of early Gnostic.

She had some inside knowledge , I can find nothing practically about this guy.
edit on 28-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Unfortunately, you have not given me much to follow.

If you mean the polytheism of the original Israelites that's no secret.

El, Asherah, Baal, Baalim, Shachar, Lilth, Lililm, Azazel, Elohim the "Host of Heaven."

With the exception of Azazel, all those deities were Canaanite or Babylonian with Lilith, and inherited by the Hebrews along with many myths and other gods.

Nimrod/Osiris, Molech, Remphan, the Nephelim, Rephaim, Anakim.

Tammuz. Leviathan, Behemoth.

Yahweh. "Elohim" became one God instead of Gods or Sons of El.

Yahweh became the Most High El while he was originally a Son of El, god of the Israelites.

This is nothing new or spectacular, all those gods are in the Bible in English or Hebrew.
edit on 28-12-2016 by SethTsaddik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This is nothing new or spectacular, all those gods are in the Bible in English or Hebrew.

Yep, and so that leads one to see it not soo much as some creator blob of the universe but rather a sort of council of advanced beings being discussed..perhaps genetically modified a species here on earth to uplift some mammal into a sort of pet (or slave) race, etc.

Not a bad job..the body is okay, but could use a lot more work. a bit like the poor mans porsche model. our feet are wonky, we get too many diseases, cancers, etc..the heart is flaky, the skin doesn't last even remotely long enough..but still, with some upkeep, it can keep going for a century

In a hundred years, humanity will surpass such beings in regards to creating a more efficient and enduring vessel.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I gather our physically unpleasant attributes would have to be a way to keep us humble, God certainly could have made food that requires no excretion.

Other than that the body is almost perfect. Mechanically amazing, biologically fascinating, every cell a small life with a function programmed into it.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I gather our physically unpleasant attributes would have to be a way to keep us humble, God certainly could have made food that requires no excretion.

Other than that the body is almost perfect. Mechanically amazing, biologically fascinating, every cell a small life with a function programmed into it.

It sounds like the human automaton was built with a "back door".

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Interesting is how you seem to make the whole argument of the trinity come down to one verse
There are many others in scripture you seem to have neglected

Why not throw up the other verses that infer that Christ I'd part of the trinity

It's only fair because this is THE verse when it comes to "proving" Jesus is God.

There are other passages that prove he is not but this thread is about this specific verse for a damn good reason.

It's interesting.

No it's one of tha MANY verses that indicate Jesus is God
One of the many

But what ever floats your boat

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would also like to point out that Jesus washed the feet of His own disciples. These are the very same disciples that served Him as Apostles, so here we can see the superior humbling Himself to serve the inferior.

This is a similar case to His relationship with His Father. Christ serves the Father (with whom He is really co-equal to), resulting in His Father exulting Him as King of kings.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

This is a similar case to His relationship with His Father. Christ serves the Father (with whom He is really co-equal to), resulting in His Father exulting Him as King of kings.

No im sorry brother... HE is not co equal to God, by his very own words

This is christian dogma...

a king is not equal to God

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

No im sorry brother... HE is not co equal to God, by his very own words

This is christian dogma...

a king is not equal to God

Come on Ak, you can't know that, you have to only assume that
Do you have a secret knowledge, are you more clever

How about, ",he is probably not co..."

You also don't know if Christian dogma is wrong, how can you, it's assumption, it's arrogance

All I can say, whatever your mysterious religion is, it could be true.
I doubt it though
I am smarter than you, I don't claim to know everything

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
0+1=1

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I would like to remind that equality between God and Jesus is not a Biblical fact.

Why?

Because God is the God of Jesus.

Jesus is NOT the God of Jesus.

That is so far from equal as to be the opposite, God is obviously greater than Jesus, and not equal to.

It's rather simple logic.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Interesting is how you seem to make the whole argument of the trinity come down to one verse

Why not throw up the other verses that infer that Christ I'd part of the trinity

It's only fair because this is THE verse when it comes to "proving" Jesus is God.

There are other passages that prove he is not but this thread is about this specific verse for a damn good reason.

It's interesting.

One of the many

Show us this ''proof."

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I would also like to point out that Jesus washed the feet of His own disciples. These are the very same disciples that served Him as Apostles, so here we can see the superior humbling Himself to serve the inferior.

Human to human interactions, and in this case the leader serving the followers, don't translate to ''Jesus is God", he is only humbling himself BECAUSE he is a human leader, and that is what a leader does.

He is not superior to God though so it doesn't make any sense that this could be used to explain how Jesus obvious inferiority to God is somehow his choice, because it's not the superior who is humbling himself (God) to serve Jesus. It's Jesus who serves God, who is superior.

Which is the crux of your analogy.

If God served Jesus, you'd have a point.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

It's interesting.

One of the many

Show us this ''proof."

It doesn't matter what I show you
I don't think an argument is of any benefit to me

I am happy for you to believe what you want

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

It's interesting.

One of the many

Show us this ''proof."

No, it matters. I would be happy to concede if you could prove yourself.

This is just you admitting defeat, and I can live with that.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah, cuz you say so, right?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

It's interesting.

One of the many

Show us this ''proof."

No, it matters. I would be happy to concede if you could prove yourself.

This is just you admitting defeat, and I can live with that.

Seth, I have read your posts in this thread, your position is not worth me challenging
I am more than happy to concede to you, you won't believe anything I show you.
It's pointless
May I suggest a Google search not that I think you really care

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SethTsaddik

"The Word was with God, and the Word was a god." This is the correct translation of the Greek text of John. What does it mean? Well it's not proof that Jesus is equal to God, the opposite as a matter of fact.Text

You have made a very serious mistake. The first mistake you made is to search out a bogus reasoning to discredit the Christ Jesus. Apparently you have bought into the JW literature which is not Christianity. Their NW bible is not of credited sources by any means and not one of the founders of New World Bible has any certification of linguistic education.

The second mistake is to not realize that many years before the Greeks copied the Hebrew and Aramaic letters of the apostle John, the Nazarene doctrine of James taught this same revelation without any NT letters. Actually the apostle John was teaching this in the first Nazarene Synagogue of James for well over three decades before he even dreamed of writing a letter or autograph. We do not need the Greek to English translation as we also have the same from the Hebrew/Aramaic translations to English also. Nevertheless, the translation you have cited is not recognized in any of the thirty mostly used translations of the Gospel of the apostle John.

As I have posted to you, numerous times, you very seldom ever give your sources and this is a prime example of your confused mind. I have just re read twenty four different renditions of the most used bibles that the English world uses today and not one of the hundreds of certified linguists agree with your premise. In fact re reading the Hebrew and Aramaic renditions will also discredit your source [whatever that may be].

Quote “The literal translation of the Gospel of John, chapter 1, verses 1 to 5 is as follows:
1. Brasheeth* there was the Milta.**
And that Milta was with God;
and God was that Milta.
2. This was brasheeth with God.
3. Everything was created by His hands,
otherwise nothing that is would exist.
4. Through him there was Life,
and that Life became the spark of humanity
5. And that fire lights the darkness,
and the darkness cannot put it out.
*Brasheeth does not mean: "In the Beginning." It really means "before the beginning;" that is "before the foundations of the universe," or "before Creation."
**Milta does not mean: "Logos" or "The Word." The term was coined by John to mean that Jesus was God in Action. I have chosen to translate "Milta" as "Manifestation." Jesus is the Manifestation of God, or He is God Manifest.” Unquote
SOURCE -- www.v-a.com...

Also the NT embraces other scriptures from other authors who agree with John 1:1-5 in mainstream biblical translations.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Also there are numerous other verification's of this same belief in outside literature which are far to numerous to discuss here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join