It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands, Who else is excited?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've been keeping an eye on this for a while now. Seems like it may be a mix between Farcry 3 and The Division, but with some realism mixed in. I can't wait. I've preordered my Gold edition copy this morning, and signed up for the beta a couple of weeks ago. If you've not seen anything on it, here ya go....but try to hold it together. It drops around the first of March 2017.
----------------------------------------------

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands is an upcoming open world tactical shooter video game in development by Ubisoft Paris. It will be the tenth installment in the Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon franchise and will be the first Ghost Recon game to feature an open world environment. The game will move away from the futuristic setting introduced in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter and will instead feature a setting similar to the original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon. Ubisoft has described it as one of the biggest open world games that they have ever published, with the game world including a wide variety of environments such as mountains, forests, deserts and salt flats. The game will be playable on Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Wiki Link

When creating your character, you’ll have the ability to customize your gender, facial features, hairstyle, tattoos, and much more. You’ll gain access to a wide range of clothing, tactical gear, and accessories to give your Ghost a personalized look. You can hunt down the cartel in full tactical gear or use civilian clothing if you prefer the style of the Bolivian locals. With the ability to tweak every piece of your outfit, and billions of available combinations, how you look is up to you.
Customize Your Ghost and Gear

The Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands development team strongly believes that the most exciting feeling you can have in life is to thrive in situations where your adaptation is key and to experience situations where your ability to improvise is critical. As in real life, the situations in game develop differently based on the choices you make and can change each time you play. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will push you to be creative. How you complete your mission is completely in your hands.
Freedom of Choice

Here is a video that has a lot of gameplay in it.

Anyways, it looks amazing to me, and it's my type of jam. As far as I can tell now, there is not a PVP aspect. If you are planning on hopping on this, and you have a PS4, add me and maybe we can take down some tangos together sometime.

Happy gaming all!
edit on 28-12-2016 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

I'm excited about the open-world availability of a Ghost Recon game. Any word on the online play components?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TramperoJuan

Group up with your friends anytime, anywhere, and play through the entire game in 2-4 player online co-op. Jump in and out of online squads whenever you choose, and you’ll always maintain your items, upgrades, and story progression. When playing solo you’ll have a team of 3 AI-controlled Ghosts providing you backup. Give them orders and they’ll help you accomplish your missions in whatever way you choose. When shifting from solo play to co-op, you’ll bring all your single-player progress online.

Hope this helps some.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Excellent. I am going to sign up for the beta. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I remember playing the first Ghost Recon on the Xbox years ago. One of the best game with friends I've ever played.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Looks great and I'll buy it but am still aware it's a ubisoft game and they have a habit of making things look way better in the demos than they do when it goes to retail.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
What game systems do you guys play on?

I enjoy the fighting games, i used to play them often.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesusXst
What game systems do you guys play on?

I enjoy the fighting games, i used to play them often.

Neo Geo

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst
PS4 here. PSN is RazorOneFour

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Guys, I urge you to refrain from any Pre-Orders for this game. The E3 demos look like one of the greatest games to ever grace our nerdy lives, however the alpha and review footage leave a lot to be desired. I am currently and was a preorder customer of Ubisofts Tom Clancys The Division.

I don't know if any of you have played The Division but Wildlands is looking very similar graphics and physics wise, and while I still play and after 9 months finally Massive/Ubi have gotten it to a place where it is mostly good it was a grueling and dissapointing 9 months for the most part.

The list of grievances for The Division is long and diversified depending on who you are but for the most part Massive/Ubisoft really took advantage of their customers and didn't deliver what we were told we were getting. There has so far been 2 paid DLC's that arguably have just been patches that happened to introduce a few new guns and armor sets, with the exception of the latest DLC "Survival" which brought an entirely new game mode.

There have been Zero map expansions, story extensions, or new mechanics introduced. The season pass owners outside of just getting a slight discount on DLC's only exclusive perk is bi-monthly loot supply crates. Basically nothing really.

I will most likely end up buying Wildlands at some point because I have bought and played ever Ghost Recon up till now and absolutely loved them, but I will not preorder WL and again I urge you to reconsider if you were planning to yourself. All I am saying is buyer beware, and please do your homework on all of the unhappy and disgruntled players of The Division when making your decision on Wildlands.

The E3 demos we saw for The Division looked F'ing amazing, just like the ones for Wildlands. The actual ingame graphics and visuals are nothing like what they showed us. They are all pre-rendered and not reality so don't get your hopes or expectations up.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Looks great and I'll buy it but am still aware it's a ubisoft game and they have a habit of making things look way better in the demos than they do when it goes to retail.

You are 100 percent right. I was excited when i saw the trailers and developer gameplay previews.

Then I saw gameplay from some joe smo streamer who was playing the beta. The graphics and gameplay were severly downgraded.

Who knows if it will get better and up to their trailer standards by launch. However, nowadays, games can just show fake trailers and developers can lie about content to sell 2x as much on day1 launch sales.

No mans sky is one example and this one may be too. Just dont fall for the hype

edit on 30-12-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It mightve been KOF I can't remember, from 2006.
edit on 31-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I had a PS3 before I apparently stepped on, making it a PSZero model.

PS4 I wouldn't mind getting it looks great!

There's also a chance it was Mortal Combat.
edit on 31-12-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
I definitely see what you are saying, but for me, the graphics aren't everything. I'm more excited about the coop gameplay. Hopefully the beta will help me decide, if I get in. *fingers crossed*

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I hear you. Like I said I will almost certainly play as well, I have just been so disappointed by Ubisoft lately that I very doubtful that we will get a game that isn't still basically still in Beta, buggy as hell, and requiring many many patches and hotfixes in the first months.

I truly hope I am wrong though.

new topics

top topics

join