It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Enlightenment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Thanks to you JN: that book is now sitting on the desk, and may even get read someday.

The OP seemed more about awakening, than enlightenment. (This is simply opinion).

Boozo: you might be on to something...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
We just made our lives complicated. When in fact, they are just burdens to our mind and soul

That's exactly what the Bible says,

Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher, vanity of vanities; all is vanity. -- KJV, Ecclesiastes 1:2

Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions. -- KJV, Ecclesiastes 7:29

All the theories, inventions, doctrines, ideas, concepts, etc..about what is, who we are, what will be, etc..are all vain thought.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

We are stupid people for "dreaming" of being something. When we can just be ourselves.

Exactly - just be as you are. You ARE - but you are not a thing.
No-thing dreams it is some-thing and that is the original sin - the first mistake.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
a reply to: boozo

There are no secrets that can be kept hidden forever from a true seeker.

The biggest secret is that if the seeker is sought it will vanish into thin air!
Where would a seeker seek for anything? Where is there to look?

The issue maybe that the only time and place that seeking can happen is right where you are..............or are you? To be or not to be? That is the question.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Let's face it, some of us on the planet spend a lifetime searching, gathering all the knowledge we can, waiting for that kerching moment of enlightenment, then die. Must be a real shock for some

True enlightenment is the death of every single thing - yet nothing dies because no single thing was ever born. It is found that nothing is separate - there is simply what is happening.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: Aliensun

But can you say specifically just what the purpose of it is? Does it lead to anything? If those that created us wanted us to reach this magical enlightenment why not just make us already enlightened?

It does not lead to any thing. It is the end of things. Things conflict. If there were no things then there is no conflict (peace).
Very young babies know nothing of things - things, words, concepts are learned. So in a way you were created 'enlightened' but the words and concepts have veiled you from the truth.
One must become as a little child to enter the Kingdom.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
No one ever became enlightened. There is only the light that is appearing now. This light that is here is what there is - nothing else.
The illusion is that there is someone separate from the light that can control the light.
The light appears as what is happening.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Secrets, Forbidden Knowledge, Godlike Knowledge, Religion. All of this are not worthy of effort just to have a grab.
They're bull#. Knowledge suddenly dies with us. We are stupid people for "dreaming" of being something. When we can just be ourselves. Humans. Who "reproduce". Hunt for food. Live life. Live in the moment. Fight. Love. That's all we do. And the rest of these are just bull# we built with ourselves. They're not worthy of our time. It's just illusions. That wants to make us think they are "worthy" and valuable. When what really just matters is living the moment "carefree".

We just made our lives complicated. When in fact, they are just burdens to our mind and soul

..Nietsche is that you...?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Ever heard of Ryokan, the holy fool from buddhism an poet that lived in Japan?

Was said to have a very humble presence about him, can lighten moods, and his works brings up many questions/examples on the concept of enlightenment.

He was also said to be incredibly laid back and foolish, to thr point that it just too innocent. One example was that he caught a thief lookin through his supplies in hut, and ended up giving him some stuff including the clothes he had on.

He supposedly was more concerned that the the if didn't stay with him to sit an see the full moon with him.
edit on 29-12-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

I've read about him; China has many stories of "mad" mountain dwelling monks.

Accumilation... the ordinary have accumilation in mind and use that to have accumilation in the physical. Once accumilation ceases in the mind; then accumilation in the physical doesn't really matter :p

I've rid myself of physical possessions many times and as soon as you stop moving about; they sort of accumilate, then time to move again for whatever reason and they accumilate again. I'm just glad when the mind moves it doesn't accumilate anymore, it just sits perched on the fence of the eye... when something flies by there I went but never left and yet also never return.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

The need or want of wealth an status can be distracting, delusional, an fleeting. Mad mountain men like Ryokan would baffle nobles or people of status to commoners, by the way they live, and yet be happy with themselves.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, sometime I wonder if it their independence and living in the present that keeps them going. Hermits practicing the path of least resistance by non conforming, where as someone who has wealth says they live like an animal thinking they have it easier while drinking wine an eating ham, hard earned or not.

The end result of accmulation sounds alot like boredom or being aware of the futility of it all. Boredom a good thing sometimes, it the mind trying to find some thing new.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: boozo

For some people this might be enough. For some others human life and the human body is just a prison that you want to escape as soon as possible(in the correct way with true enlightenment) and go back to heaven where you came from and where things are truly wonderful and interesting compared to this place.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

In Buddhism stress equates to suffering. The more one feels they stand to lose the more stress and suffering they are going to have... those concidered "sane" are the only one's concerned about losing their mind. Those said to have lost it; just detached from a lot of concepts and the links that used to hold them together got filled in by concepts that have linked in ways that in a conceptual picture or construct do not appear to be rational or logical in reasoning.

Of course the conceptual construct itself is the illusion or delusion no matter how structured or together that may seem or appear to be that forms the "I" it is based around fleeting experiences and those experiences are taken as an absolute and lasting thing... this is where opinions arise from; oh I don't like this or that and it goes on and on and on in more and more limitation of not only oneself in ideas and idologies but others in bias instead of expansion and growth in understanding and acceptance in integration for a feeling of wholeness.

Such a thing becomes too rigid and stiff frozen and well, such things are prone to snapping like an abused animal at anything and everything it sees intruding in on it, whether that intrusion is real or imagined... typically it is imagined as the same ideas are continually re-inforced in cognitive dissonace and group ideology that supports separation instead of integration and wholeness of being.

It's a very sad state to live in; those trying to own the world, rule the world, control others... are oblivious that giving all of that control up then they can merge with everything and never feel any lack, nor feel any separation from anything in the entire spectrum of life or matter.

The Zen concept of being nobody going nowhere means exactly that; if you are everywhere and nowhere at once, everyone and no one all at once then what is lacking? How could one ever lose anything or ever feel separate once the sublime state has manifested itself back in recognition to it's true nature of being... the task is done, as there was no task to begin with.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hermits practicing the path of least resistance by non conforming, where as someone who has wealth says they live like an animal thinking they have it easier while drinking wine an eating ham, hard earned or not.

"the earth your bed
the air your clothes
the fire your blanket
the rain your bath" - Ananda

there is a physical reasoning to it as well

on a cold mountain why are some Hermits
covered in ash ?
just a spiritual significance ?
insulation ?

edit on 29-12-2016 by kibric because: boo

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Secrets, Forbidden Knowledge, Godlike Knowledge, Religion. All of this are not worthy of effort just to have a grab.
They're bull#. Knowledge suddenly dies with us. We are stupid people for "dreaming" of being something. When we can just be ourselves. Humans. Who "reproduce". Hunt for food. Live life. Live in the moment. Fight. Love. That's all we do. And the rest of these are just bull# we built with ourselves. They're not worthy of our time. It's just illusions. That wants to make us think they are "worthy" and valuable. When what really just matters is living the moment "carefree".

I don't think we should live this existence in a 'carefree' manner. We may be meditative, caring, conscientious and many other positive traits, but 'carefree' is a luxury we cannot afford at this time.
edit on 29-12-2016 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

An excellent poem when internal and external are known as no different... that's the nice thing about such poems it is always the shadow of what isn't being said that makes reader also the author beyond the world of duality.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Greetings-

Did You already order the book? If not I can send it to You.

Let Me know and I'll route it to You...

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
a reply to: kibric

An excellent poem when internal and external are known as no different... that's the nice thing about such poems it is always the shadow of what isn't being said that makes reader also the author beyond the world of duality.

Books are others' experiences, I advocate for our own experiences and no other influencing or polluting factors.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

I've rid myself of physical possessions many times

how old are you ?
older than Mr Jack ?

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I advocate for our own experiences and no other influencing or polluting factors.

exactly what the poem suggests doing in a way

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join