It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic State arrests reveal D.C. jihadi threat...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Every time I see one of these articles I wonder what it will take to stop this madness ? Unfortunately I also believe we are just seeing the beginnings of terrorist within our mist / national borders.

By Rowan Scarborough - The Washington Times - Monday, December 26, 2016

Law enforcement agencies have arrested nine Northern Virginia residents on charges of aiding the Islamic State since the terrorist group rose to power in Syria and Iraq in 2014 and launched social media propaganda to attract followers, a government message to police states.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Of the nine Northern Virginians who were arrested, all but one were in their teens and early 20s. They included a police officer, a Starbucks barista, Army soldiers, bankers and a cabdriver. Four of the nine graduated from Northern Virginia high schools, one with honors. Two attended Northern Virginia Community College.

In other words, all of them appeared to have opportunities via public education to become successful Americans but instead were charged with what amounted to a devotion to violent jihad.

Not your normally thought of losers, no?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
Every time I see one of these articles I wonder what it will take to stop this madness ? Unfortunately I also believe we are just seeing the beginnings of terrorist within our mist / national borders.

Law enforcement agencies have arrested nine Northern Virginia residents on charges of aiding the Islamic State since the terrorist group rose to power in Syria and Iraq in 2014 and launched social media propaganda to attract followers, a government message to police states.

Of the nine Northern Virginians who were arrested, all but one were in their teens and early 20s. They included a police officer, a Starbucks barista, Army soldiers, bankers and a cabdriver. Four of the nine graduated from Northern Virginia high schools, one with honors. Two attended Northern Virginia Community College.

In other words, all of them appeared to have opportunities via public education to become successful Americans but instead were charged with what amounted to a devotion to violent jihad.

Just spit balling but could it mean that the people that we are told are "moderate" may actually have a far more extreme view and a percentage chance of turning to the notion of Jihad?.

How someone in a western country born and raised can choose a ideology that is so extreme and that goes against everything that they have known says something. But then when western culture fails to call out these radical views that are covertly accepted and even encouraged to some point is it surprising when we have these issues?.

We are told it is a peaceful religion yet when you look at the teachings it really is not.. I am starting to think that "moderate" muslims may well just be holding back their true thoughts until the status quo changes and that is starting to happen now..

I agree the next decade in the west is going to be a sh1t storm...

RA
edit on 28-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

no, surely not

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Unfortunately, I read the other day that more and more prisoners are turning to 'Islam' which means more prisoners will be brainwashed and when they get out, we'll face more problems from brainwashed idiots.

I do wonder why they are turning to this religion once inside? Is it intimidation? Pressure? They get beaten and killed if they don't? And why are Prison officers allowing this to happen?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

why? because Christianity preaches peace and foregivness, prisoners don`t want to hear that they are angry that they got caught and sent to prison.when they get out they want to seek revenge against the society that put them in prison.

the muslim religion is perfect for them it gives them a way to rationalize and justify their future pre meditated crimes against the society that did them wrong by putting them in prison for committing crimes,plus it gives them a whole network of people who can and will assist them in their future criminal endeavours against society.

prisons are crime colleges, rarely does someone get out of prison having learned to obey the law and live a honest productive life. prisoners sit there all day,day after day,year after year, commiserating and sharing tales about how society has done them wrong and how they can best get revenge against society when they get out.

edit on 28-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join