It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's my HOT movie franchise, I do what I want!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whateva! I digitally put Grand Moff Tarkin back into the un-original Star Wars, I do what I want!--Disney

This is...a cinematic abomination. This is necromancy.

At least the shot of Leia (Oh, wait, didn't she just...)...okay, not 1, but TWO counts of digital hoodoo and people still worship Disney. But at least the shot of Leia was over so quick before you could even chuck your soda at the kids sitting in front of you.

Is this the future of movies? Is this going to be commonplace now? Just posthumously digitize all our beloved actors and actresses? Pay off their estate just to spin them in the grave.

Disney, this is wrong, just, so wrong. Enjoy your ill-gotten gains. I can't abide this anymore. Goodbye Star Wars.

p.s.

Oh, and it was an amazingly terrible CGI effect. But I guess you had to carry on the Star Wars legacy somehow.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I'm confused... what happened exactly? I'm not sure I'm understanding you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Just got back form seeing it a third time, this time in 3D. Loved it and digital Tarkin/Leia looked much better in 3D.

Take my money Disney since I have no soul to sell you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I saw it for the 1st time last night, visually it was OK, saw it in 3D.

Im not sure about the story though, maybe its just because my expectations were high but I walked out feeling very unsatisfied.
I loved the Force Awakens and Phantom, Clones and Revenge were good to varying degrees but Im just not sure about the spin offs.

Maybe Im just being a negative Nancy but I walked out the cinema thinking "Fark me, Disney are gonna ruin this"
If the next spin off is as not good as Rogue one Ill be calling all my fellow Jedi to wage a holy war of Disney.

You think fanatical Muslims are bad, wait until you get a bunch of pissed off star wars nerds on a righteous Jihad, were talking end of days bad

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Call 9-wah-wah and get yourself a wahmbulance.

It was a good movie. Get over your hipster nonsense.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Show us where the bad mouse touched you

Haven't seen it yet, reviews from people have been favorable that I've spoken to. Disney will turn it into Pirates of the Caribbean given enough time.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Please tell me, where were all the Bothan spies that died bringing this information to the rebels? For reference, see Mon Mothma in A New Hope.
edit on 27-12-2016 by frostjon361 because: misspelling

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostjon361
Please tell me, where were all the Bothan spies that died bringing this information to the rebels? For reference, see Mon Mothma in A New Hope.

That quote is from Return of the Jedi.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

It was a good movie.

I'm sure you'll say the same thing with Young Jar Jar's Singalong Adventure.

It sucked. Hard. But...yay Star Wars costumes yay!

edit on 27-12-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just got back form seeing it a third time, this time in 3D. Loved it and digital Tarkin/Leia looked much better in 3D.

I'm sure they did. Add some distracting crap, and distort your view of it a little and I'm sure they look terrific.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Add some distracting crap...

Nothing distracting in those scenes, I think it was just the mechanics of the filming process that enhanced the finished product.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
They've been doing it at least since they had a crappy Bruce Lee double finish game of death, it's not a new thing.

The last scene in rogue one was weirdly done and odd to look at but it was an awesome movie imo and that scene tied the films together in a cool way. I think it's a lot better than anything Lucas did with the franchise after the 2nd movie. Christ...ewoks, jar jar, emo vader....just no.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I agree while not perfect I have not seen better. I also think cushing would have felt fascinated and humbled by it. The actor ( a doctor on holby city) did a fantastic job...sent chills down my spine "You may fire when ready"..

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

I did like how the wrote the character of Tarkin as a scheming bastard.

Must have modeled it on you.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
They've been doing it at least since they had a crappy Bruce Lee double finish game of death, it's not a new thing.

HBO used a digital image of Bogart back in the 1990's, so even that tech is not so recent.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Well it's our accents we make the best baddies.
Oh and now I can twirl my tash I feel a little villainous...but more like a Terry Thomas baddie.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Don't flatter yourself. You're more like Thomas the Tank Engine bad.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Lol

Chu Chu mamma flipper!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Those were known doubles...aka re-casting.

Which is what they should have done.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Someone sounds testy.

I didn't like Jar-jar and I was pissed about the whiny bitch Anakin they stuck us with. But I had no issue with Rogue one or how they use Grand Moff Tarken and Leia.

I though Lord Vader's voice sounded off though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join