It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

Not to sound uncaring, as I am sure it will sound to some. This is horrible news but its also horrible news to hear that anyone has died young or died at all. She had a drug addiction and so was not really in perfect health, regardless of issues she has had in her life.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

Last time i checked, death can come at any time, regardless of health. The health of people dying is not the issue here, never was.

Its just sad when famous people die because they have all touched our lives in some way or another. And they all leave something behind for us to still enjoy. Regardless of health, they all worked hard.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Oh well....

I guess 2016 still wasn't done with us...... what a rape of a year.

Carries mom dies

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Epically sad, mother and daughter a day after each other....Both Amazing if not a little odd at times people....

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Of course it's horrible when anyone dies before their time...

But when you don't know, or somehow relate to that person, it has little effect outside of "Oh, that's terrible."

Carrie Fisher was part of my early and late adolescence. Not just as Princess Leia, but other rolls in movies that hold special places in my memories. So her untimely death effects me.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thoughts and well wishes go out to the family....who, if I was them, would be in hiding until 2017...

Geezus.

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sad to lose such a great woman and epic figure in the star wars saga.

Rip

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jungian

Last time i checked, death can come at any time, regardless of health. The health of people dying is not the issue here, never was.

Its just sad when famous people die because they have all touched our lives in some way or another. And they all leave something behind for us to still enjoy. Regardless of health, they all worked hard.

Though that may seem lovely to others here to hear to put it that way, it was the point that is always the case in this world. Yes the obvious that death can hit us all is true however it normally comes quicker to those that use substance abuse.

Also. To say they touched our lives in some way, well so did the men and women that work in laboratories to create cures for us all have touched our lives, do they get credit when they die?

Being an actor isn't working hard, most actors would tell you this. It is the only initial getting noticed that is hard.
edit on 29-12-2016 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Carie's mother died the very net day.

Debbie Reynolds - Debbie Reynolds dies, one day after her daughter, Carrie Fisher.
edit on 29-12-2016 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackProject

originally posted by: Jungian

Though that may seem lovely to others here to hear to put it that way, it was the point that is always the case in this world. Yes the obvious that death can hit us all is true however it normally comes quicker to those that use substance abuse.

Also. To say they touched our lives in some way, well so did the men and women that work in laboratories to create cures for us all have touched our lives, do they get credit when they die?

Being an actor isn't working hard, most actors would tell you this. It is the only initial getting noticed that is hard.

And your point in mentioning this in a thread meant to pay respect to a specific individual, is, what, precisely?

Perhaps you should go start a thread in philosophy and metaphysics.

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
first of all....life span on planet earth used to be 40, not so long ago. So living to 60 or 80 is a great life

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Tributes being held for her:
Seattle Space Needle

"As part of tonight’s widespread Carrie Fisher Lightsaber Vigil, Space Needle will beam a tribute to a galaxy far far way. The Space Needle will light its Legacy Lights between 7-8 p.m."

source

Other areas:

In Austin and Omaha, at Disneyland and a Denver museum, vigils honor Princess Leia.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I was in love with that woman when I was a very young teenager
What a very very sad shame.
Rest in peace

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, the autopsy has revealed:

Carrie Fisher's autopsy report shows the actress had coc aine in her system when she fell ill on a plane last year, but investigators could not determine what impact the coc aine and other drugs found in her system had on her death.

. . .

It also found traces of heroin and MDMA, which is also known as ecstasy, but that they could not determine when Fisher had taken those drugs.

Wow.

Link

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join