It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

I'll go along with that.

2015 was no bed of roses, either...

Oh, well...we'll do what we always do. We'll deal with it, complaining the whole time.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yep... none the wiser.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: goou111

I had to hold back tears at work when my boss told me this news. Not a good idea to tell me when we had a line full of customers! I don't think realized how much of a fan I am.

Carrie was not only my beloved Princess Leia but she was an advocate for bi polar and mental health. I've struggled with bi polar my entire life. It's never been easy but knowing someone I admired also suffered and was successful made me feel not as bad about myself and what I was dealing with. I knew she too dealt with the same emotions only in a more public light. I can't even imagine dealing with mental illness in the spotlight. I like my cave but she gave me and many others hope.

May she rest in peace and may the force always be with her ❤️❤️❤️

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting
This has always been one of my favorite pictures of her...she looks so mischievous.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm sad as shlt at this news.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Our princess is gone....

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
First Movie I ever watched at theaters was Star Wars
How time flies

RIP Carrie
edit on 27-12-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At the start of this 2016 death march, people kept telling me after one or two celebrity deaths, "Watch out! They always come in threes!"

At this rate, apparently, they also come in thirties.

All the icons of youthfulness and vitality from my childhood are passing away. Soon it will be our turn.

Peace.
edit on 12/27/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
“she'll always be royalty to me”

except in this movie...She rocked this scene.

And for some context of "the unwritten book of the road"(the scene leading to the above video)
The late, great George Carlin, another soul sorely missed by me. (warning language, and triggers abound)

RIP Carrie Fisher

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yep, I was 13 when star wars first came out, I've now just turned 52, seems like she's been playing Leia all my life, gonna be weird not seeing her in the future star wars movies...
RIP Carrie...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: GCoot

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

.......ugh can we not? Where do you newbies with this sort of nasty diatribe keep coming from?

My apologies, I'll leave you to flatter someone you idolize because they were in a movie. That makes more sense than I could.

.....I dont Idolize anyone.......

What I do is recognize peoples accomplishments and Icons from a Time past, a time of fond memories for a lot of us......and when they part this earth it is indeed sad......

Should probably calm down that vitriol
well said MBTM, well said...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

So sad! Last I heard she was in stable condition and then I got the alert on my phone and it stopped me in my tracks.

We'll probably never know, but my guess is that the family withdrew care due to unrecoverable anoxic injury. That's generally why you see dead -> critical -> stable -> dead.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

Your a twat.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Drowned in moonlight strangled by her own bra,

pbs.twimg.com...
edit on 27-12-2016 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GCoot

Are you for #ing real?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
just some of the famous people lost this year pbs.twimg.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

The BBC did a review of obits it did this year and even they say there are more this year because there was a spike in the first half of the year.

I would link the story but phone is dying.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
What the hell is wrong with you people that are happy someone died because they didnt share your political opinions. Jesus. That is some repugnant bs.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Some people are so uncouth; when tragedy strikes with the loss of somebody so dear to many.

It is indeed a sad day that reminds us all of our own morality, if we are old enough to have seen Carrie as the Princess in 1977 at the theater, it means we are getting on as well, and most likely more of our life is behind us than in front of us, and that amplifies the sadness as we reflect on this sad news.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
What the hell is wrong with you people that are happy someone died because they didnt share your political opinions. Jesus. That is some repugnant bs.

Exactly why I don't play this partisan circus. These example even make me more staunch against it. Those types should be ashamed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join