It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iconic Star Wars Actress Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: GCoot

a reply to: goou111

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

.......ugh can we not? Where do you newbies with this sort of nasty diatribe keep coming from?

My apologies, I'll leave you to flatter someone you idolize because they were in a movie. That makes more sense than I could.

.....I dont Idolize anyone.......

What I do is recognize peoples accomplishments and Icons from a Time past, a time of fond memories for a lot of us......and when they part this earth it is indeed sad......

Should probably calm down that vitriol

So Carrie was more accomplished than the thousands of others who died today that you didn't make a thread about?

Or, you accept and participate in our society's idol worship of meaningless actors and other celebrities, and I should too?

1st , no one made you read or reply to this thread, so your participation there in, is of your own volition...dont project on to me or the OP

2. Sure lots of people die every day, and other peoples accomplishments arent any less deserving.....however

That still has no bearing on people recognizing those who we remember growing up, and watching, listening too etc...

Especially those who were part of something , that for a lot of us , INSPIRED us, many many people were inspired by that film to take jobs that changed the world, changed science, changed our perception of things.....

I dont understand the vitriol and animosity that comes from people like you honestly......

Dont like the thread? Dont like whats being said in honor of someone who was a childhood legend for a lot of people? Dont look at it.....

Well I didn't like Carrie and I'm had she's dead. It's likely her affront towards me is more deserving of my contempt than that of some foes of our military that we celebrate in death. So really you don't want to deny ignorance but to carry on illogical traditions and feel good inside rather than confront your delusions.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Remind me who else we lost again?

People, certainly well known in the UK who have passed this year :-

Carrie Fisher (Actor)
Richard Adams (Author)
Liz Smith (Actor)
George Michael (Musician)
Rick Parfitt (Musician)
Zsa Zsa Gabor (Actor)
Andrew Sachs (Actor)
Leonard Cohen (Songwriter)
Pete Burns (Musician)
Bobby Vee (Musician)
Alexis Arquette
Gene Wilder (Actor)
Kenny Baker (Actor)
Caroline Aherne (Comedienne)
Anton Yelchin (Actor)
Muhammed Ali (The Greatest)
Carla Lane (Writer)
Prince Rogers Nelson (Musician)
Victoria Wood (Comedienne)
David Gest (Music Producer)
Denise Robertson (Daytime TV)
Ronnie Corbett (Comedian)
Paul Daniels (Magician)
Harper Lee (Author)
Terry Wogan (Presenter)
Alan Rickman (Actor)
David Bowie (Musician)

RIP

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
2016, what a crock. It can be over with aaany time now. This year has sucked big-time for icons passing on.

She shouldn't have talked trash about my guy Trump. No sympathy here, I prefer a reality without her in it.

There are innumerable Right/Republican posters on here who are enormous fans of her & the franchise. I'll let THEM eat you alive, n00b. Gotta get shredded by your own before you learn where politics ain't welcome, I guess.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Well I didn't like Carrie and I'm had she's dead.

You're glad she's dead?

It's likely her affront towards me is more deserving of my contempt than that of some foes of our military that we celebrate in death. So really you don't want to deny ignorance but to carry on illogical traditions and feel good inside rather than confront your delusions.

What the hell did she do to you?

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why is anyone responding to the GCoot? Some people are just the way they are and you can't discuss things with them so just walk away.

I personally didnt know Carrie Fisher, I have no personal feeling of sadness that she passed. It's of no more significance to me then if someone else I didnt know died. I do however know that lots of people liked watching her portrayal of a character in the Star Wars films and so her fans along with her family are sad because of it so like I said earlier , I hope they find some peace from it soon.

Im not sure why people think this year is any different then any other year though with deaths..10 years ago , and every subsequent Dec 27, celebrities and unknown people died. 10 years from now celebrities and unknown people will die on this day. It's no different then any other day since the dawn of time...someone , some place died.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I think I spot a wolf in sheep's clothing...

More like a sheep in wolf's clothing.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Or, you accept and participate in our society's idol worship of meaningless actors and other celebrities, and I should too?

You're doing the same thing with Trump.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GCoot

You should of quit when you had the out. I hope that shovel has a built in ladder!

2016 has been full of suck for a lot of people including myself. I've lost some very dear and close people this year and your insensitivity is something I find offensive on a personal level.

May you live in interesting times
edit on 12/27/2016 by Kukri because: stupid touch screens

link   
It makes me feel like the world I once knew is moving on.....

link   

originally posted by: Greggers

Well I didn't like Carrie and I'm had she's dead.

You're glad she's dead?

It's likely her affront towards me is more deserving of my contempt than that of some foes of our military that we celebrate in death. So really you don't want to deny ignorance but to carry on illogical traditions and feel good inside rather than confront your delusions.

What the hell did she do to you?

She talked trash about my President and his platforms, that I support and believe will make my country family and friends tangibly safer wealthier and happier.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Remind me who else we lost again?

heres a list, not updated i dont think the last month but perhaps...

People lost

Alan Rickman, Prince, David Bowie, Gary Shandling, Gene Wilder, Carrie Fisher, Patty Duke,Glen Frey just a few

We also lost Blup Blup and Woodwardjr this year.

Sad...

edit on 27-12-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I see what you're trying to do. But it's not sheep or wolves in the political sense, but the metaphorical sense. The act being engaged in is one of a malicious predatory nature. I stand by my original symbology. Remember what happens to wolves sniffed out by the dogs guarding the sheep, especially when the shepherd takes note.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Thread closed for clean up

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Attention.

This thread is about a current event, which is the passing of actress Carrie Fisher.

This is NOT a political thread. This is NOT a political forum, and it is NOT the Mud Pit.

Leave any and ALL political discussions about her death out of this thread. That will be considered Off Topic and will be removed.

People that insist on doing it will have their posting rights removed.

Do not reply to this post

Thread reopened.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

It was really more about a wannabe tough-guy as opposed to an actual tough-guy.

Y'know, like the difference between Jar-Jar and Han.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not so fast Shamrock.
This may change your mind.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join