It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schizophrenia, golden mean, sacred spiral, bodily proportions, an abrupt beginning and end

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is going to be a little confusing to most, I feel. This post is more of a s.o.s to other minds to post some responses that can help me understand some thoughts/feelings that have been with me for some time that I can't quite sort out. I am mostly in a distracted and over stimulated state of consciousness so I find it difficult to sort out my thoughts and truly dive into info that is out there on the web. What's the connection between this idea of the sacred spiral, a certain pattern of musical tones, bodily proportions, sex and death? I find this idea of the "big bang" or the "voice of god" or "aum vibration" very intriguing and in a lot of art. For example in Michael Crichton's book "Timeline" there is a scene where a man in a monk's robe is wandering on the side of a road in the desert. A couple picks him up. It becomes evident that he is schizophrenic as he is muttering incoherently and rhyming everything, symptoms of schizophrenia. He is saying "quandam phone makes me roam to the place where I belong" later on a child in a hospital who has a brilliant physicist father suggest than man meant "quantum foam" and goes on to describe a bit about quantum physics. Point being there is a connection between what we call schizophrenia and spirituality, TIME TRAVEL, and physics.

The most striking examples of this idea in music that I am aware of are the songs "Schizophrenia" by Sonic Youth and "Aerials" by System of a Down. Take a listen....and think about the ideas of the big bang, aum vibration and "going home." Listen how in both these songs they end it with the repeating bass tones followed by an abrupt end of a high pitched chime sound...
This sound reminds me of the noise made by the oldest instrument known to man, the Bullroarer
Interestingly the peoples who used this instrument called it the "callback switch to the creator" or even the "voice of god" bullroarer info This was used during male initiation rites. then think about this www.newscientist.com... What the hell am I getting at? I DONT KNOW EXACTLY. What about Donnie Darko? Remember that one? How this young man, with bodily proportions approximating what many would consider an ideal, has psychotic episodes. Remember when he is standing with a few other kids on the side of a road waiting for the bus to school and they all look up as they hear a jet roar over head...I know this movie also deals with the concept of time travel...what is going on at C.E.R.N.? Why all the strange sky sounds that are reminscent of what I am muttering about here? sky sounds

Do we live in a universe where, like the obnoxious childs song "The song that never ends" we are doomed to repeat the same things over and over again like, to quote John Keel in "The Mothmans Prophecies" A giant phonograph in the sky cracked and the needle got stuck in a single groove, single groove, singl......" Somebody help me out here what is the connection between this repeating pattern of tones, proportions, sex, beginning and ends. I think we live in a very fragmented world, are the schizophrenics just closer to the "ONE" that TAO, the one that became three that become the 10,000 things or whatever? Are they on their "last life" Going home....going AUM....back to the source of all creation? I am sure I may upset some people who have schizophrenia or family members with it, I am not trying to offend anyone, this is just a "stream of consciousness" thing from me...some guy on a computer, lol. I understand it is a very complicated condition. I have had an episode myself years ago, it is not funny or fun. It is terrifying. My best friend has it. We have had many psychic exeriences together. Synchronicities that are impossible to explain logically and moments of absolute telepathy....Hope this makes a little more sense than a schizophrenics word salad, lol.
edit on 27-12-2016 by nitro67 because: Still don't know why I can't create proper paragraphs here..lol

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I will TRY to read this in a few...But paragraphs are your friend, learn to play together.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: nitro67

I don't normally bother reading block text OPs, but I'm intrigued; I think a lot about the same stuff.

I think that the way our society (I'm an American) deals with alternate levels of consciousness is harmful to those who experience them but lack the ability and/or support to process the experience and integrate into their psyche.

Truthseeking in the realm of ancient mystery is a daunting task, not least because the voices of charlatans are often the loudest, most charismatic.

It's a shame, but you can't let yourself "go nuts" trying to link everything together in a unified theory.

Looking forward to seeing how the conversation goes.

ETA: Thanks for breaking it up into paragraphs. I'm going to check the thread again tomorrow; I might have more to chime in then.
edit on 27-12-2016 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Subscribing sorry for lack of input.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Good one... I saw the words between the lines dancing in pairs. Schizophrenia i've been there. Other cultures call it shamans.

Quantum mechanics just a theory.The truth is beyond words it's in pictures , it smells like teen spirit.
Ok Where is Stinky Quark ? at CERN. written on a toilet wall graffity or gravity rules.

Well now I'm asperger... looking in from the outside , Jewel or the Nile. River of humanity. Yes I loved Mozart , until he became the skull on a Desk in Neverland. Schizophrenia is endless , just a mode in all of us. A mode we want to forget. It's like godmode in a simulation. Smartphone or Godmode isnt that a simple choice...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I had many similar questions answered when i read a book by Michael Talbot - The Holographic Universe from 1991.
You can download it for free as PDF.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Every schizophreniac has a unique theory of everything. Lol. There's a thin line between spiritual people and dopamine/anandamide addicts. At some point the brain lose the homeostasis and feeds itself by neurotransmitters. For example - amygdala gives them the fear but they find a way how to trick the brain and suck those neurotransmitters using them to feed the mental bubble fire and to get a dopamine satisfaction in the nucleus accumbens anyway. The brain does just that - it makes connections.

The truth is out there but one needs to shut up and listen. It rains down from above but it can't reach you through the mental bubble umbrela.
edit on 27/12/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: Anandamide

edit on 27/12/2016 by PapagiorgioCZ because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I have this condition for like 20 odd years now and although I believe I do harbour some extraordinary "powers" shall we say, I don't believe this is 'God' speaking to me. I do know it is people from my past speaking to me as I know their voices and trust me it's not nice what you hear people you know say about you and what they want to happen to you.

I hear my own Mother saying 'He's going to commit suicide' and 'Is he' and 'I hope so'... (meaning she never did care about me)

I hear my brothers voice saying 'say sorry to him mum' (meaning my Mother never did say sorry for things that happened earlier in life)

I hear my sisters voice saying 'where were we'?' (I took this to mean they weren't around whilst I was suffering and alone)

I hear past friends voices saying 'sorry'. (because they kept me drinking and then werent around when i needed them).

I also hear 'they are going to kill you'. (Meaning the 'Muslims' are going to kill me/us.)

So yes... it is #ty state to be in but not much I can do about it.
edit on CSTTue, 27 Dec 2016 06:33:56 -06000000003106x056x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Once you have a glimpse of a perceived reality, even one aspect of it, even if askew, such as madness or a pure truth, such as something as clinically defined these days--if yet decried and ignored--as Remote Viewing, then that new found position will not jibe with the consensus realty of the general society. At that point, you are in trouble ready for medication or some clear thinking.

What, then, is an inquiring mind to do? Ignore the tell tale signs of a whole different construct and proceed with the status quo as if nothing has happened in your universe, or become a self-styled monk to your brand of knowledge, spending your waking hours (if not dreams) attempting to understand?

To mix two popular metaphors constantly surfacing on ATS: There are demons down that rabbit hole. Be absolutely certain of your footing as you stare into that void. it delights in pulling in victims. Yet it honors those that can look into the depths and not lose themselves.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I have to concur with a sentiment expressed above my friend.

I think it a valid answer to be not afraid to peer into that void.... But, you must be solidly grounded in your own sense of self and the place/reality you occupy. If you are grappling with fears and doubts I would say refrain. You may be indeed gifted, and some part of me is jealous perhaps, because I too feel there is more. There mustbe, but I am not privy to it save in my own quiet moments of thought.

Peace be upon you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The subconscious mind can do these tricks when left alone without a leadership. Staring into the abyss instead of the light.
Look at 5 Famous Things Invented in Dreams
They are most likely your own thoughts powered by emotions and unbalanced, insufficiently methylated neurotransmitters.
The spiritual world is very real. Demons are, but people are able to unconsciously create their own demons called Tulpa.
Maybe even fully adopt Tulpas created by others. It's a mess.
On the other hand loneliness is gone once a portion of your brain lives by its own life.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It is a toe over the line into reality; the odd thing is trying to pull such a person back into what is mistaken as reality is just as insane.

The inner world of thought swirling around is conceptual, so the thought train chugs along... I think; I am, I think; I am. Then something occurs that takes pause and questions this stream... some see the edge and run back into safe shallow waters in plastic lives and thought into the arms of programmed society of expectation and assumption... others dive right on in to explore.

The problem with that quasi or accepted reality as reality and those that have dived in to explore; is both they are delusional constructs... ie. some form of contact or perception with a name or label with an illusory transitory nature of a being or a self changible, prone to suffering, a see/saw of up and down with various ways of coping to find some sort of balance... instead of true balance.

What occurs is the conceptual construct of accepted reality can break in various ways; this is what brings people to a pause or an existential crisis... of course blazing the trail on one's own construct of conceptual reality one finds there are multiple avenues of what could be taken as reality as a base of existence; many use religion as a base of reality even though it requires belief some use science and well theory is the same thing as belief. Those that get delusional and have psychotic breaks? Think they are onto something that there is some great truth to uncover, same as those sort of keeping it together beating away thought with a bat of any and every distraction possible in materialism.

So what's the issue? The conceptual is simply a point of contact, so thought is clouds that cover perception with illusion, and thoughts of self intertwined with those concepts as a real true existing self but such a thing like clouds in the sky is ever changing always becoming something else... now tired, now hungry etc etc but those conceptual attachments are carried along as some self; ready to jump in with I am this that or the other... sort of like how when eating is not occuring and someone has to tell someone their dietary preferences; were they planning on eating with you at some point in the future? If not then what is the point of the conversation other than random conversation... the you that is not present but is when that activity of eating occurs.

Lovely.

Of course, most people are like this... running around making "I am" statements at inappropriate times; as if that conglomerate of being taken as a self is more than some etheral concept mistaken as one.

There is no grand mystery or underlying truth that anyone need to get more conceptually burdened by; or go mental over... yet they do; and the reason or problem being? Attachment to concepts that makes someone a subject to subjects or slave to them instead of simply observing what arises in that moment and responding appropriately to it as that is the stimulus of contact right there and then.

So what does such a thing do? It brings peace; the mind eventually stops grasping at clouds past and future and then grasping altogether and becomes a witness, of course in such a space one can excercise judgment of what is arising, but with attachment that only re-builds the conceptual construct of the I am as a huge mental load and burden instead of frees one from it.

Listening to the inner dialog instead of following it... shows someone just how disordered and chaotic the mind is; so quick grab someone or occupy the mind with something else like, music, T.V., a game, a friend, a book anything but listen to that damned thing one cannot seem to escape from that wants to torture them, that may make feelings arise :p

Of course listening to it; it just goes on and on ramble ramble ramble infinite stream of concept and then one acts on something that pops up, that sounds appealing.

Suffering! That's what all of that is.

Cease grasping after it, chasing it, believing the narrative... it isn't you, it isn't real, it is a dream; not reality.

Notice the space between thought, and stretch that out until eventually it ceases to exist... in doing so one finally wakes up and experiences all that is arising as it is arising, undistracted and in peace. Eventually pure emotion arises wholly apropriate to the situation as it is in response to stimulus of contact seen and heard... not conceptual nor concieved, or contrived by the mind of thought but feeling itself not thoughts of feeling just from sensual awareness on contact.

Try not to get too caught up in the conceptual world; as those conceptual ladders and towers are very unstable, even those many agree on as real... they are only relative and not absolute.

edit on 27-12-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The subconscious mind can do these tricks when left alone without a leadership. Staring into the abyss instead of the light.
Look at 5 Famous Things Invented in Dreams
They are most likely your own thoughts powered by emotions and unbalanced, insufficiently methylated neurotransmitters.
The spiritual world is very real. Demons are, but people are able to unconsciously create their own demons called Tulpa.
Maybe even fully adopt Tulpas created by others. It's a mess.
On the other hand loneliness is gone once a portion of your brain lives by its own life.

It's difficult to postulate where things are most likely from, or not from.

We don't know where we came from ( before birth ), don't really know what this reality is because all of our physical senses can be deceived, and we do not really know where we are going ( after death ).

People that claim absolutes, or strongly suggest something is so are speaking from their own dogma's and perspectives.

If we are infinite, than the conclusion should be there are infinite possibilities.

edit on 27-12-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have schizophrenia I feel their are many different forms but with me I heard voices, hallucinations like seeing and hearing old friends when not possible. I didn't feel connected to a God source though but more of a manipulation from Astral Demons where I felt they could read my mind and manipulate the image centers in my brain.

I also suffered from a Heightened Awareness, vivid dreams and Hypersensitivity to noises. I would also smell foul odors like sulfur when off medication. When my schizophrenia was at its worst was when I felt telepathic paranoia though, like knowing what people thought about me. At my worst I would also hear my thoughts on car radio's and Television. I stopped listening to music because the songs would get embedded in my solar plexus and play like a broken record which made me end up at the hospital a couple times, so it wasn't a positive experience at all more of a hellish one.

Stuff that somewhat dampened the voices was fasting for breakfast and sometimes lunch and drinking beet juice, carrot juice which increases oxygen to the brain.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Crunky because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Crunky

Spot on with them juices and whatnot, carrots can cure anything!

The rhymes is a weird loop, but then again everything is a loop.

Almost impossible to break a loop, especially for "normal and sane" people... everything you do is scripted, and there are guards, who make sure you stay the way you are supposed to be, but this is one of those things that language can not explain, and it is by design, only through telepathy, is true communication possible.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Synchronicities that are impossible to explain logically and moments of absolute telepathy....Hope this makes a little more sense than a schizophrenics word salad, lol.

Why are they impossible to explain logically? Some people are already looking at how information is stored inside the cells on quantum level where telepathy can be achieved thru entanglement. Non local connections between different part of space time. Then the information just have to raise from objective raw data to the conscious mind without being degraded by subjective false perception.

www.quantumconsciousness.org...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

"If we are infinite, than the conclusion should be there are infinite possibilities."

Indeed but that is already so... and why it is the illusion and not experiencing reality directly in it's absolute nature... which if one has to ask? Is left as it is in it's own absolute nature: Undefined.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Learn to be an observer otherwise you'll remain a subject to empty concepts... subjecting yourself to phenomina as it arises and passes is typically by choice, learn to ignore or disregard such things as insignificant and a meaningless phenomina that requires no action in body, speech or mind... things arise and they pass attaching to what is arising and passing is making them subject which in turn makes you a subject to whatever it is. Of course, the more you pay attention to something the more it arises in awareness even the trying to avoid something is also adding fuel to keeping it arising.

Things arise and they pass what they are needs no definition, needs no attention like seeing a gnat fly by a moment later something else arises and it's as if the gnat never even existed.

Paranoia is a feeling that something special exists and can be found out or taken away from you... nothing that has existed or ever will exist is worth the fear that arises from clinging to it. Letting go allows something else to arise in it's place.

What can be clung too without fail? Impermanence, it is the nature of all things, past, present, and the destiny of all that will arise in the future.

Some claim that the label or illness you say you have is permanent and lasting... it is not. Of course continuing on chasing the rabbit down a hole will not get you out of the hole, just deeper and deeper into the rabbits domain.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Wow, I truly enjoyed reading your post. I'm not sure I grasp or even agree with all that you've said. I am very interested in chatting, would you be put off if I send you an U2U? Probably much later today.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's an incredible shame that you've had to give up music. I don't know your experience but I can relate to the "earworm" phenomenon...I have even found it slightly troubling in the past. Have you investigated diaphragmatic breathing techniques? Not to sound trite, but my life changed when I learned how to breathe. I was 31 when that happened....late bloomer.

Have you listened to any baroque music, particularly adagios?
edit on 27-12-2016 by MiddleInitial because: My #ing phone changes my intended words - simple words - to utterly retarded substitutions. It makes me look like a fool. I hate this flimsy #ing phone, and indeed most consumer technology. I acknowledge the fact that computer technology makes many things "easier", and we as humans are capable of expressing beautiful things with its aid. Nonetheless, if I were God (don't worry, I don't think I am) I would crush it all. Or maybe just some. Perhaps I would find a man I thought to be upright, and instruct him to collect two of each type of consumer technology (PC & Mac interfacing), then send a flood to destroy everything else.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join