It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally! A Flying Car Could Go On Sale In 2017

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well ATS, it seems another company is taking aim at the flying car thing in hopes of being the first successful company to commercialize the flying car. Other companies have tried but were unable to deliver on the timeline(s) promised; think of Terrafugia, Moeller, etc....Now a company known as AeroMobil is saying that they will announce their flying car known as the Aeromobil 3.0 in 2017.

Last year, Slovakian company AeroMobil unveiled its latest prototype of an elongated, road-ready vehicle with stowable wings that can navigate both city traffic and the airspace in between landings and take-offs from the world's airports. (Forbes contributor Federico Guerrini covered the reveal in Vienna in October; check it out for more details on the latest model known as the Aeromobil 3.0.) Then, this week at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas, Co-Founder and CEO Juraj Vaculik said that the company planned to move flying cars to market sooner than later. "We are now scaling up quite fast, building the team, and the plan is that in 2017 we'll be able to announce... the first flying roadster," Vaculik told CNBC. "The point is not only to showcase that it's possible to marry together a plane and a car, but to really commercialize it."

This flying car will be similiar to others as in it will use airports for take offs and for landing and it will have fold-able wings that will retract for driving on roads. IDK, I'm still waiting for the future that was promised to us. What says ATS?

www.forbes.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Come fly with me, up high with me...

Been waiting a long time.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
In this world? Chaos.
Guns and drones and slingshots and crasyness. New laws and restrictions and penalties. And accidents. Madness.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Does Geico provide coverage? Still cool as heck.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
What says ATS?

www.forbes.com...

There are enough certified pilots in the sky who shouldn't be.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That would be the coolest ride to go to for road trips to see concerts! Fly there, then drive to see the band, then fly home! If it was put in a quality Faraday Cage for storage, it would even survive an EMP!

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

i expect that a pilots licence is mandatory to buy one?

if not, given how most people have trouble driving in regular cars i dont have much hope for flying cars in the future.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: choos

You can buy a plane with out a license, you just need a licensed pilot to fly it for you. If you buy this car, i would be happy to take you up in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
In this world? Chaos.
Guns and drones and slingshots and crasyness. New laws and restrictions and penalties. And accidents. Madness.

Maybe.......

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Seriously now. I think the reason this will never take off and why it hasn't is the vast investment in the infrastructure of our roads and highways.

Building and expanding roads is big money and lots of jobs. Plus a good reason to get taxes. Air space needs no repair or maintence.

Control towers and air stations would be needed, but when you compare how much concrete and asphalt is laid over our earth that's a sliver of the infastructure we would need to travel by air. there is nothing for the big cats to get their hands into.

Plus we are so hard wired to be grounded and training people from driving to flying is a nightmare.

However as I watch my son navigate his drone around the park this week I'm hopeful that we might see a generation rise that would be less attarched to their four wheel tin cans. Maybe just maybe all that looking up and throwing brooms to get drones out of trees will pay off.
edit on 26-12-2016 by Observationalist because: I never think i write that much, untiI see that big wall of text.

edit on 26-12-2016 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Nice idea but I don't know one qualified person to fly/drive it.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: lostbook
What says ATS?

www.forbes.com...

There are enough certified pilots in the sky who shouldn't be.

Well Phage, I'm hoping that these cars will have an autopilot feature where the navigation/controls are handled by an automated system. Similiar to the "Highway in the Sky" concept.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
But I wanted it to float like in Back to the Future.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
eek
edit on 12/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Duplicate

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: choos

i expect that a pilots licence is mandatory to buy one?

if not, given how most people have trouble driving in regular cars i dont have much hope for flying cars in the future.

You may need a pilot's license but I'm not sure. I read that Terrafugia has a new flying car that doesn't require a pilot's license; only a regular Driver's license.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
eek

eek?

link   

Makes sense.

'Cuz 3D travel is just like 2D travel.

link   
a reply to: Observationalist

Seriously now. I think the reason this will never take off and why it hasn't is the vast investment in the infrastructure of our roads and highways.

Building and expanding roads is big money and lots of jobs. Plus a good reason to get taxes. Air space needs no repair or maintence. Control towers and air stations would be needed, but when you compare how much concrete and asphalt is laid over our earth that's a sliver of the infastructure we would need to travel by air. there is nothing fornthe big cats to get their hands into.

Exactly.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah.
That was a reply meant for another thread.

eek

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join