It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video message recieved was not the one sent or even stored on device?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this to be honest, My other half tried to send a live stream video message to her sister. The Video was about 20 seconds long of 3 people sat around a table chatting, she was only really sending it as to see how it worked as never really done one before.

A few moments after ebding the video message her sisiter replied saying what was that? and after a quick chat sent a copy of the message back to her.

The message that her sister had recieved was only about 2 seconds long and was not what it should have been, it was a badly framed shot of whal looks like a lady in a warehouse.

It has freaked her out a bit now as the lady is not recognised and after checking on her phone there is no video stored that matches the one sent.

I cannot see how it could be the old fashioned crossed wires thing we used to get with landlines but my knowlege of technology on this level is limited.

I will include a link to the vid but there really is not much to see, any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That looks like a military style tent in the background

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
That looks like a military style tent in the background

This is not what I need with my conspiratoral brain!!

another thing that may be relavant is that we had been discussing the fact that smartphones could listen in to your conversations or covertly record you just a few hours before...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

They can indeed, And not just by TPTB, even you or i could do it.

Man lets his phone get stolen then tracks it

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That could be a tech worker at the factory who was doing a test when the phone was made using software that should delete the video but somehow it is not showing in the archive but may still be on the device??. Total spit ball granted,

The reason I say this was from memory someone purchased a Camera from a Canon wholesaler and the "Unopened" camera had a Canon test image on it that I have never come across or seen, this was about 10 years on a old EOS:d..

The video is however bizzare to say the least, I have my own feelings towards discussions on a phone being recorded as I was having a convo about 9 months back with a friend and we was discussing disinfo within the government and the banking system and the next time we spoke I heard clicking on the line.

EDIT::: I heard a male voice in the background that when slowed down using the youtube function sounds like he says "Stop This"???

Speed 0.5

EDIT2:: It also sounds like a English US voice, what is the phone? model etc .. That will possibly rule out it being a factory test.

EDIT:::3 Looks like the phone is on a table, work station etc etc the person moves and the phone stays put that means it is not being held at the time of the recording, No idea why I posted this but hey you never know where these threads can go... Also why the f#ck do these threads come up when I am just about to try and sleep

RA
edit on 26-12-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
That could be a tech worker at the factory who was doing a test when the phone was made using software that should delete the video but somehow it is not showing in the archive but may still be on the device??. Total spit ball granted,

The reason I say this was from memory someone purchased a Camera from a Canon wholesaler and the "Unopened" camera had a Canon test image on it that I have never come across or seen, this was about 10 years on a old EOS:d..

RA

That sounds plausable!

after watching the vid again it could be but I would have thought a tech factory would be a little better lit and clearner than the rough background suggests?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Maybe a plain obvious question.

But what app did she use to send the video?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This sort of thing creeps me out, I'm gonna go back the way I came.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass

Facebook messenger on a samsung galaxy s4, lots of videos made before and a few sent if that helps any.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Facebook messenger on a samsung galaxy s4, lots of videos made before and a few sent if that helps any.

It has happened before with the facebook app.

You don't seem to send it straight to the other but upload it in the cloud and the other downloads it from the cloud. when there is a mixup in the names you'll recieve another video and so... some stranger got yours.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Someone in a asian military tent exploiting her phone via downloaded app and the "creep victim with video" function has a bug in it so it streamed the live cam.

He noticed it and while leaning back cut the video feed (hand goes for reset button).

Or just a test video.
edit on 26-12-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
This sort of thing creeps me out, I'm gonna go back the way I came.

You mother might not like this idea...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

My galaxy s4 never does this, so I doubt it's a testing video or whatever. and I use video messenger all the time, perhaps she went to send the video and somehow clicked on a public video from somewhere (random I know) because if its not on the phone, and it's not her, then there is no way I know of that this can occur.

Why didn't she just do a live video?

and remember, there are many places on the s4 that can store various videos. check the entire gallery, if you have not already. I am forever finding things I saved yonks ago... does she had an sd-card? sometimes it's stored internally, sometimes on the sd-card depending on what is used, so clicking send video in messenger, you get the lot, but when you look manually, you may not see it... I use solid explorer to search for everything..

still, wouldnt put it down to anything other than never having done it before, it can be confusing. android is sometimes a PITA for things like this..

Either that, or someone is stuck in a warehouse, kidnapped, begging for help, and her kidnappers caught her before she could finish her infiltration of your wife's transmission...
RIP warehouse lady...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Never seen that happen. Interesting.

Makes sense though, facebook needs to get it's act together.

Some of the videos I sent to my ex... well, no one wants to see that !!!

holy buckets... Oo

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Come again?

new topics

top topics

join