It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming deniers drown in utter BS! ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: kloejen

I haven't 'seriously' expressed any of my views, your platform doesn't deserve it.

Maybe you encourage off topic chat because your approach is weak.

I might approached this in a wrong way yea, but i know that deep down you have the same considerations.
Pretty weak and off the topic to start a discussion about how i approach this. Stay on topic?
Personal attacks are easy debating this subject, coz no one is an expert. You can raise all the doubt u want, but somehow physics are not on your side, and you know this!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial
a reply to: 00018GE

Is your username a Martin Guitar reference?

On topic: I think we all have to understand that earth has its own cycles. Do we ruin ecosystems? Pollute? Hell yes. We should try to fix what we can in practical ways. Carbon tax = bad.

yes it is , great guitar! And I agree but no one likes pollution, Thats kind of a straw man argument, thinking that AGW is not true does NOT mean that one thinks pollution is good.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

I had to throw in something lazy ontopic.

I used to have a d18-ge. Wonderful guitar - sad I sold it when I needed to do something impulsive in my 20s.

Global warming bad.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The attack on man-made climate change skeptics reminds me of. . . The Spanish Inquisition!

Yay!

Lets burn witches!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Why in the world hasn't this thread been thrown into the "skunk works" forum?... No article, no evidence, just made up claims...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You won't have to worry about this topic. Once half of Florida is under water, which will happen in our lifetime, they'll move on to the argument of "why did you fail to convince me that global warming is real?" These people are hopeless and self destructive. They should be avoided at all costs.

originally posted by: kloejen

originally posted by: testingtesting
People are too stupid and selfish to care about the future as long as their life doesn't change they don't give a toss.
I have come to the conclusion we are buggered.
People hate science and I blame the education system for dumbing down so many.

I totally agree. First when they stand in 7 feet of water, they will acknowledge the fact, althou too late. These ppl have been deluded, and now gotta pay with their lives? I'd still say we help them -- hey we are only human. Sometimes nature will clear the real stupid thou, but then they can blame that invisible man in the sky...

Sad #, in a tough world

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Get a grip, man!!

Climate change has been going on on this world, which is very much alive thankyou, since time immemorial, and figures to go on for some time to come.

What's to deny? Other than the get rich schemes that won't do diddly-poo to "save the planet". Life on the planet will adapt as it always has, and figures to always do, until the sun itself dies.

Will it be the same? no. So? Life isn't what it was fifty thousands years ago, either. Or even five thousand.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

You're assuming I have taken one side of the argument over the other?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Interesting your title reads global warming, but you are talking climate change.

Do you know the difference?

Well just in case you don't in the beginning they called it global warming. Then when the temps no longer fit their narrative they started to call it climate change.

You should also be aware that in the 1980's scientists were saying that we were going into a mini ice age. Truth is they don't know crap! You can believe what you want, but science cant seem to figure it out. I think it is all perfectly natural.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kloejen>>>> They keep doing gymnastics to make us believe GW is real. Now they've just given up and assume we have bought the B.S> and have moved onto other more recent matters. Like "Fake News". We have faked satellite data, NASA churning out wild claims and theories. But just because we don't keep arguing against doesn't mean we buy it. Really, they say global warming is real and the weather seems like its always been. Why panic and argue?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Why panic and argue?

Because the elite want more money.

You have to admit, the whole concept is awesome in its treachery. Use the one thing everyone has to have, as surely as they must have air to breathe: energy. Pick a chemical product of hydrocarbon combustion with a 'sciency' name... carbon dioxide. Demonize it as a 'greenhouse gas,' bringing connotations of extreme heat to the mind of everyone who hears the term. Ignore the shortcomings of this demonization... easy enough, because most people don't understand absorption spectras or bond energies. Create horrific 'what-if' predictions... who cares if they come true or not, because we can always just push another one through and people will forget the earlier ones. Push pop-science, making sure that actual reports are misinterpreted by the population. And finally, use a tax scheme that is not a tax scheme (cap and trade) to tax and rigidly control all energy production. Since carbon dioxide can't really be quantified in exhaust (it is already present in wide ranges in the atmosphere and can only be detected by spectroscopic analysis), and because no fuel known isn't a carbon compound, we are really cap-and-trading energy!

It's a brilliant concept! The only flaw was that the weather wasn't warming and too many people questioned the whole idea. So they had to change the title to 'Climate Change' and get some scientists to spout gobbledy-gook about how "weather isn't climate"... when in reality, climate is the summation of weather, and weather is the derivative of climate.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

People are too stupid and selfish to care about the future as long as their life doesn't change they don't give a toss.

what do I need to do to fix this? Please frame your answer in such a way that we all know the job we have to do here.
thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

How about Corporations stop deforesting the planet? it could help shade us from the sun's effects considering the sun IS the cause of all weather and climate on earth.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

The 'selfish' people are those that think they own the entire world, and everything in it.

See the church of climatology.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what the Earth's temperature is supposed to be. Maybe it needs to warm up.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The only problem is that CO2 correlation with global warming is complete and utter BS. Pollution is real but they want to focus on the Carbon hoax because the Bankers can make Trillions from Carbon Exchanges that guess who owns shares to? Al Gore and Obama... bwhahahahahah

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: testingtesting

It seems to be a deeply ingrained feature of human instinct to resist change until it is absolutely necessary. We've be quite successful with that evolutionary tactic. Thing is, change on a multi-decade level can be hard to relate to. Thing is, on that timescale people have a hard time getting beyond, "What's it going to cost me and what's in it for me?" The 21st century has not done much to assuage that point of view.

Thing is, few realize that allowing technology to "fix" what we've screwed up already will give us more than the actual "fix" will provide.

One day, garbage dumps will be resource mines. Or not.

I'm glad you said it (yes, because you're considered an 'expert' or some world-beater with knowledge and people pay attention to your replies - which are generally thoughtful, on-topic, and most of all, well-reasoned) because what you describe here:

It seems to be a deeply ingrained feature of human instinct to resist change until it is absolutely necessary.

This seems to be biggest impediment to accepting that 'change', whatever it is. As the 'change' approaches, I just hope that enough smart, well-reasoned individuals like you help in assisting in future mitigation strategies are discussed and, at some point, implemented. Without doubt adapt is part of that change portfolio, but it'd be nice to get to mitigation and other proactive measures.

But hey, the new AirPods are what's up.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com...

www.crossroad.to...

take two and call me in the morning

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join