It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Are Looking for Time Travelers on the Internet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Those were just the two items picked as reference points that theoretically were so singular it would make data mining previous to those two events easier for the researchers. They self admit that if time travelers didn't give two shakes about either one it was going to be a problem for them.

With each keystroke our words are tracked, so while we acknowledge commercial uses and surmise all the alphabet agencies from multiple countries doing this routinely I got a kick out of it being used for this.
Time travelers being sussed out via internet, that's right up our alley here at ATS!

It was nice to see Titor didn't make their "cut".

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Well we are all time travelers but we can only go in one direction and at this set pace of seconds minutes and hours.
No one is going back.
I do like the idea that when we view the stars we are looking at the past and that the delay from the entering light in the optic nerves to the brain makes everything we view in the past . We just can't go back we can only look back.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'd check to see if anyone has won multiple large sum lotteries or consistently wins large on sports bets. Of course they could just be psychic or something.

At least i know that's what I'd be doing if i could travel into the future.
edit on 12/26/2016 by Kukri because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
When I first read the title I thought it meant they were looking for volunteers.

Not a time traveler. But if the job position ever opens up. Call me.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Caver78

i must be missing something - why would a hypothetical time traveller write anything about :

" comet ison " or " pope francis " in 2010 ????????????

Good point.
Maybe they should have looked for posts about the World Trade Center attack before it happened.
Not that I believe they would find anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Even had there been, it's been long scrubbed off the internet.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I remember seeing a couple of incidences and coincidences that supposedly claim to have predicted 9/11.

Let's see there was the dollar folding trick.

An artist depiction.

A motion picture

Even a Nostradamus quatrain.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: PhantomOrion

The dollar folding trick was one I remember and WOW!
Prescient much?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Now it's broadcast science.

So maybe these Michigan guys turn up nowt, put it on the back boiler and try again in the next five year plan, use the same keywords, or something that might have just as much relative importance...bingo, they have already wrecked the project, because you can bet a bunch of internet ninjas will be busying away sticking keywords into every post they make in the meantime referencing everything in a tidy package just for the hell of it.
edit on 26-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join