It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racists attack State Farm ad showing Interracial Couple

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

State farm had a commercial that had an interracial couple that made the twitter feed go all racist.

Racists were enraged by a State Farm ad which depicted a Black man proposing marriage to a White (wo)man. The ad was introduced several days before Christmas and promoted marriage.

The story points this out to be how the racism issue could get worse under a Trump admin. And the story also points out that Trump hasn't denounced racism and he has hired people who harbor racist ideologies.

Many of the racist tweets were from Donald Trump supporters. “Seriously, it’s ridiculous Trump’s America, now. We gotta be firm on this,” Brenda Gale tweeted.

The ad is another example of how racism and bigotry could take a turn for the worse under the Trump administration. The president-elect has yet to denounce racism and has hired several members to his staff who have racist ideologies.
rollingout.com...
edit on Sun Dec 25 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Let's keep in mind that we've seen an uptick of people being called out for setting up these tragedies just to help their role as the victim.

There are Trump supporters that are racist. I wouldn't dare to say that a majority are racist and I'd question anyone willing. How about we stop focusing on that *expletive* and focus on racism as a whole. Oh wait because we are supposed to strawman him.
edit on 25-12-2016 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

There is no proof in this story to who and how they arrived at the fact this is a Trump thing. And if Trump same supporters are racist does that mean I am for being more in favor of Trump than HRC?

Seems silly to blame the Twitter ramblings about a TV commercial on Trump, HRC already lost.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
They dont even have evidence that the criticisms took place. Let alone if from Trump supporters.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I was at a party a few months ago where an acquaintance said there are more blacks on TV because of Obama. I thought that was a ridiculous thing to say. We're seeing more interracial couples, blacks and Latinos in commercials because corporate marketing executives are finally recognizing they make-up a good portion of their market. It's the same thing when advertisers used to market kitchen and home cleaning products only to women. It's ridiculous to think Trump or Obama has anything to do with it.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

It's about $. The State Farm add is a shame that there are some stories trying to blame Trump. Crazy.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
All these threads about fake news.....

Yet I see thread after thread of people posting things from ambiguous sources at best, blogs, sites that are not known, etc etc etc

Wondering what this site is becoming and a bit sad

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was watching the Hulu recently and saw a diamond commercial. I noticed that they didn't even talk about marriage like they used to(like every diamond commercial ever) it was a subtle "you don't have to get married to need a diamond" message. Thought it was kinda funny. Kinda off topic, but commercials in general got me thinking about that one commercial.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Racists say and do racist things.
Why start a thread about racists being racist?

It's just straight up stupid.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The interracial family in the Cheerios commercial in 2013 received a lot of attacks as well. Can't blame that on Trump and can't blame this on Trump. The fact is, haters are gonna hate. And quite frankly, most haters don't ID their political affiliation or who they voted for.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
All these threads about fake news.....

Yet I see thread after thread of people posting things from ambiguous sources at best, blogs, sites that are not known, etc etc etc

Don't forget about twitter and face book..I never knew these were news sources.. and I never imagined that the news would write stories with these two social media outlets used as part of their sources. Amazing how times change...

thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Disgusting. Maybe we should dump these racists along with SJWs in a deserted island. Since SJWs are looking for racists, they will get what they wanted.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The patients are taking over the asylum. It's like a giant room filled with funhouse mirrors. Up is down, down is sideways. Mad world.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Perhaps because things aren't symbols in the way they used to be. A diamond, formed by heat, pressure, and time, was a symbol of the strength of marital union. Now it's just bling.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
One of the biggest racists who publicly advocated against interracial marriage and relationships is being hailed as a hero by many and tops the lists as one of the most important people who died in 2016.

It would be nice to think such hatred and intolerance died with him and his generation but sadly there are millions of Muslims who still feel the same way.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I agree with you that that boxer was racist and obnoxious with it.

I wonder if that ad had shown an image of a white man and black woman would it have made any difference?

Probably not.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
She looks like she's 15 or I'm getting old.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

edit on 12/26/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Only since the 30's when De Beers who had a monopoly on diamond mines suddenly started advertising that diamonds are a girls best friend.....biggest con going De Beers have warehouses full of them.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Is this like the story a white Trump supporter supposedly set fire to a church then the investigation lead to the mostly likely culprit was a member of the church? I don't think he was white either.

Mississippi church member charged in 'Vote Trump' arson
By EMILY WAGSTER PETTUS
Dec. 22, 2016
apnews.com...'Vote-Trump'-burning-of-Mississippi-black-church

Or this gem of a story....

Muslim woman lied about Trump supporters harassing her on NY subway: police

www.wgntv.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join