It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox's Tucker Carlson Investigates CNN Host Brian Stelter Spreading a YouTube Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Media celebrities investigating media celebrities is getting good.

The latest is FoxNews Tucker Carlson looking into a youtube story spread by CNN Brian Stelter.

It's about some known hoaxster claiming he was kicked off a plane for just speaking Arabic.

Ironically, Brian Stelter is host of a CNN show named "Reliable Sources".

Fox's Tucker Carlson Investigates CNN Host Brian Stelter Spreading a YouTube Hoax

On Thursday's Tucker Carlson Tonight, Fox News host Tucker Carlson decried CNN Reliable Sources host Brian Stelter for insisting on his October 30 show that you should "triple check before you share" and then spreading on Twitter a YouTube hoax where prankster Adam Saleh claimed he was being thrown off a Delta Airlines flight merely for speaking Arabic. The airline and other passengers strongly disagreed with that attempted spin.

Carlson and Joe Concha, media reporter for The Hill, suggested Stelter was a left-wing advocate and Trump-basher and should just admit his biases and change the name of his show.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Using faux news to make garbage cnn look bad, why am i not suprised.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

triple check before you share

Yes please do that in future instead of deluging us with crap blogs.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's the kettle calling the pot black, and just to compound that, mein host the OP, is a 'master' of the brown hemorrhage known as breaking er, faux news.
edit on 25-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Despite the detractors, this is a serious problem, especially in the way it apparently promotes boycotts as the end result.

The only way for this to be resolved is for Delta to come out and complain or sue. Otherwise it will be taken as true and Steltzer will never apologize.

And I will say, as a Trump supporter, Trumps tweets that moves the market are also a problem. But at least it is not a hoax.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Despite the detractors, this is a serious problem, especially in the way it apparently promotes boycotts as the end result.

The only way for this to be resolved is for Delta to come out and complain or sue. Otherwise it will be taken as true and Steltzer will never apologize.

And I will say, as a Trump supporter, Trumps tweets that moves the market are also a problem. But at least it is not a hoax.

Trump tells many porkies in his tweets...but as long as you are okay with that.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hypocrite doesn't seem like a strong enough word for this thread.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Porkies? if you are talking about spelling error, I agree. Fortunately for me I use spell check the still some time miss

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I was listening to Fox news while driving for about 30min a couple days.

Fox news was discussing this story like it was factual. And they knew he was a hoax because they were mentioning "never cry wolf".

I thought this story was true until I saw this thread and that's because if FOX news. They didn't check their source and I went on to believe it is true.

That being said. Who is this guy's sources in the OP?

The fox anchor didn't drop names or titles, he just said passengers and Delta "dispute the story". How?

Here is the Delta airline statement

“Upon landing, the crew was debriefed and multiple passenger statements collected. Based on the information collected to date, it appears the customers who were removed sought to disrupt the cabin with provocative behaviour, including shouting. This type of conduct is not welcome on any Delta flight.”

Telegraph

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Good for you. As Brian Steltzer said...you need to double and triple source you information.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
this sort of thing has happened before.
while TSA and the airlines may not profile, much of the public does. after 9/11 the flying public is very concerned about arab/muslims on planes and they are not shy about proclaiming that.

en.wikipedia.org...

According to some passengers and flight staff, a number of whom refused to identify themselves, the actions of the imams included the following:[5][6][7][8]
The imams refused to sit in their assigned seats. Instead, it is claimed that they fanned out in the cabin, sitting in pairs close to the front, middle, and rear exit rows.
Shahin and the two imams seated in Coach Row 9 requested seatbelt extensions (a strap with large metal buckles normally used by obese individuals to lengthen their seatbelts), even though flight staff say none seemed to need it. They then placed the extensions on the cabin floor in front of them, instead of attaching them to their seatbelts.
Three of the imams allegedly traveled without any checked baggage, and on one-way tickets.
According to a nearby passenger who spoke Arabic, the two imams sitting in the back of the plane, while speaking to each other in Arabic, mentioned Osama bin Laden and condemned America for "killing Saddam".

not fair? blame the people that did 9/11. if I was arab/muslim I would be on my best, quietest behavior on a plane out of courtesy for the other passengers.
edit on 25-12-2016 by ElGoobero because: add linque

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I was listening to Fox news while driving for about 30min a couple days.

Fox news was discussing this story like it was factual. And they knew he was a hoax because they were mentioning "never cry wolf".

I thought this story was true until I saw this thread and that's because if FOX news. They didn't check their source and I went on to believe it is true.

That being said. Who is this guy's sources in the OP?

The fox anchor didn't drop names or titles, he just said passengers and Delta "dispute the story". How?

Here is the Delta airline statement

“Upon landing, the crew was debriefed and multiple passenger statements collected. Based on the information collected to date, it appears the customers who were removed sought to disrupt the cabin with provocative behaviour, including shouting. This type of conduct is not welcome on any Delta flight.”

Telegraph

Here's their video, however it only shows them being taken off the plane, so it's their edit since the camera is mostly in use all of the time.
You can only make your own mind up.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 25-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I think these guys staged it. Passenger stories are coming out and non of them add up to the pranksters claims.

Fox and CNN all ran wild with this based on Delta initial claims that passengers were removed and everyone is being given interviewed.

Fox and CNN were both citing Delta's statement, not some tweet so FOX pinning this on CNN is BS.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Porkies = pork pies = lies!

It's rhyming slang, a very British (London) thing

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Porkies = pork pies = lies!
Oops broke the interwebz again.