It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women expected to be crazy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I've had much the same thought. I think you may be on to something with that.

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Women are definitely crazy. I believe it's an effect of the estrogen and/or progesterone hormone on their system. A woman will perceive and recall an incident where she was treated wrongly even if it did not occur. She truly experiences it and believes it. The female hormones are a powerful hallucinogenic substance. Also, I believe that menopause and the struggle that goes along with it is akin to drug withdrawal. As the levels of those powerful hormones drop and stop affecting their brains, it's a tough transition.

a reply to: Profusion
edit on 25-12-2016 by gr8skott because: fail cake

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Unfortunately, alot of us ARE a bit nuts and even worse tend to listen to and actually employ all the nonsense "out there" that tells us who we supposedly are, how to think and how to act...is pretty much BS.

After hearing all the rhetoric then only choosing the most positive to take to heart, things would surely work out better. Being undermined with negativity that gives women too much pause to allow our best resolve to weaken is relationship Enemy #1. Going overboard ie: today's pushy "feminists", is even worse. The old "walk softly, and carry a big stick" (but using it sparingly, if ever!) adage seems like a good middle of the road path to stick to!

Damn those hormones, full speed ahead! That's easy say when you're not being held prisoner by them anymore!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Never try to understand women.
Women understand women and they hate each other.

Not always....

Me and my 2 ex wives are still lovers....it's complicated, you wouldn't understand!

But Crazy.....sometimes!!
edit on 25-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
I've had much the same thought. I think you may be on to something with that.

a reply to: Skywatcher2011

You can also increase rise in ovarian/uterine cancer in women...incidences have been on the rise for the past few years now

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
Women are definitely crazy. I believe it's an effect of the estrogen and/or progesterone hormone on their system. A woman will perceive and recall an incident where she was treated wrongly even if it did not occur. She truly experiences it and believes it. The female hormones are a powerful hallucinogenic substance. Also, I believe that menopause and the struggle that goes along with it is akin to drug withdrawal. As the levels of those powerful hormones drop and stop affecting their brains, it's a tough transition.

They may just need some really good sex to help calm down their hormones

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Am I crazy? Sure. Crazy like a fox.

I will admit that women are better at manipulation than men are. We had to be, because we don't have brute force and we had to deal with not having any legal power, at least back in the day. We learned over the centuries that manipulation using guilt, tears, and seduction was our best strategy. Men always used brute force or their power as head of the household (in olden days) to get what they wanted.

You work with what you have.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There are worse women who would hack off their partners genitals. Even killing them I'm the name of true love.

Til death do us part is always a sign of true love.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Throughout the history, majority of people that immigrated to this country had to be crazy or criminals. The culture stays all the way from liberty island. Children of immigrants eventually become normal when after moving to country side where they learn morals and respect.

If you date a city girl or city guy, expect worst.
edit on 25-12-2016 by suvorov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I became conscious of some cultural values in this direction when I left to live outside the US.

Because there IS some more-or-less assumed principles concerning women and their accepted or expected role in relationships.... and it isn't the same everywhere!

I began to see correlations between the cultural values upon emotion and intellect.
I noticed that in France, women are expected to be the more rational, down to earth, and almost - more authoritive gender. I never noticed my own opposing values until faced with that.

Here's one way to look at it-
Imagine that, for the human psyche in general (and I think there is some rational reasons we all develop this way)
-Females represent our emotional and basic "animal" nature (the body, instincts, less conscious drives)
-Males represent the ego, our conscious awareness and intellect.

Whatever your culture holds as values and truths about those two parts of us will be reflected in our attitudes about men and women in various contexts and relations.

This was interesting because on this subject, the American and French are totally opposing- Americans have more in common with the Japanese than they do with the french!

We are taught that all our choices of act and word should, ideally, be consciously chosen. The mind should be the master of the ship that is the body. The individual is a sort of separated element from it's surroundings and others, and the intellect (if developed well enough) should be able to keep that separation and not be influenced by others or events. The individual is believed to have almost unlimited potential power in this respect. (I can do anything I put my mind to).

In other words, we are taught to not trust our emotions- they are irrational, dangerous, and need to be trained or controlled to submit to the wisdom and clarity of the intellect. The strong mind (man) can resist and tame the terrible animal within. The weak mind (man) falls into it's traps of destructive pleasure.

In France, the individual is considered to be a part of it's surroundings and indissociable- the exterior and others not only have an unavoidable impact upon behavior and thought, but that this is good and right. Our natural drives and instincts are social in nature- they have developed thus far with reason and are to be trusted as a universal pathway to interaction and relation between the "I" and all that is "Not I". Ideally, they are taught to trust their instincts, reflexes and drives.... to rely upon emotions as precious and useful forms of collecting and passing on information. Pleasure is considered the reliable way nature has of telling us we're doing the right thing.

So....

Women are often the ones who are "boss" in the home and marriage- but not in a way a man will complain about. They don't test, harrass, complain, nag... they simply give everyone in the home information on how they can be successful and happy in each context, based upon their assumed knowledge of how society works, psychology, and the needs of the body.

To tell the truth, I was first struck by my own reactions to this - I felt these men were "weak" to be following the lead of their wives! It was kind of horrible to realize I didn't trust my own gender. I definately didn't trust my emotions and was quite used to ignoring them, disregarding them, or finding ways of changing them to fit my goals and intents.

The women here cannot understand why it is so acceptable in the states for women to change their body in order to appeal to men- women in their forties, with boob jobs, filler and botox, long dyed hair, fake nails...I have been asked by french women what that is all about. I look back at them, women around me wearing no makeup, their gray hairs visible, nails clean but short and natural, their clothing classic, but without plunging necklines. One time I said, " we american women want to appeal to the eye of men, even if we aren't actually looking for a mate, it is just assumed we should take the male fantasy as reference for how we should be."

They laughed, and I mulled over the horror of what I had just said. They said, but men like women, you don't have to change anything to be attractive for men!! (and I think some men will agree with that here).

I didn't know how to explain the multilayered view I was having that - americans like pretty emotions. They think a smart mind will make sure they have only extremely positive, light, and colorful emotions. So we try to look like pretty positive emotions. And when our mate is not aiding us to think positive, be happy, or be otherwise positive, we might provoke him a bit to pay attention to that, and be aware- the emotions are not being trained or directed... they need some attending to.

I think that is also what is behind the American fascination for 50 Shades of Grey, for example. We all want our emotions to be controlled, roped in and made to submit to the benevolent and wise mind (which knows what is best for us).

Here, people believe their ego is the dangerous one to watch out for- it doesn't really get much about others and relations, it has it's own warped ideas based on it's own fantasies and ideals, and emotions are there to guide it, and keep it from getting carried away in rationalisations that ultimately escape reality and are doomed to failure.

I think I was a young woman who also would throw fits at times to get my mate to react (when I was a teen). I didn't expect that of him though- I took him at his word and took it seriously. I wanted him to show he had will power, goals, insight and a plan to bring it about. Of course that was too much to ask of a twenty year old guy! (LOL!)

The very strange thing is, that after all this time, my conclusion is that a woman grows out of such crazy behavior when she really realizes and appreciates her TRUE power. When she realizes the profound impact of her emotions upon the world, and the way they can be beneficial and trusted instead of used to "get" what "I" want, then they become a more stable source of emotion.
edit on 25-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I will admit that women are better at manipulation than men are. We had to be, because we don't have brute force and we had to deal with not having any legal power, at least back in the day. We learned over the centuries that manipulation using guilt, tears, and seduction was our best strategy. Men always used brute force or their power as head of the household (in olden days) to get what they wanted.

That is probably true in general, but a percentage of men are good at manipulation after all using brute force to get a woman into bed is generally frowned upon, and we are still pretty good at getting you into bed without using violence. Although I have known plenty of women who get very turned by forceful and dominant male behaviour, some of them even admit to it. After all millions of women bought and got off reading fifty shades of grey and the market for erotica is almost entirely female.
edit on 25-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2016 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Is the reason you have so many ex-girlfriends because you never stop talking about your ex-girlfriends?

I have one ex-girlfriend of late. She was crazy, manipulative, money-hungry, and a compulsive lying, cheating sexy little succubus.

Yeah, I expect every woman to screw me over and take my money.

This is what it takes to drive a man to drink.

Hear hear brother

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Any one who test me, well I am not only going to fail, I want to fail magnificently. A relationship is very difficult with out playing childish games. Booth sides need to grow up.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: suvorov
Throughout the history, majority of people that immigrated to this country had to be crazy or criminals. The culture stays all the way from liberty island. Children of immigrants eventually become normal when after moving to country side where they learn morals and respect.

If you date a city girl or city guy, expect worst.

Hell yeah. Give me a wild free spirited country girl over an arrogant, pompous and entitled city bitch every time.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Very nice

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I thought women are the counter balance to men's pride and ego? Who starts more wars, kill more people, commit more crime. It ain't women.

C'mon girls!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

What women may not know...is that men actually know when we're being manipulated by women. Generally we allow it to continue...until we don't. Sometimes it easier and less bother than arguing about it.
edit on 25-12-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's Christmas; widely regarded as the loneliest time of the year, and here you are on ATS writing a thread disparaging women and encouraging others to do the same. I have to say, i think your story is utter horsesh!t, but if there is any truth to it at all, the roles of your ex and yourself were most likely reversed, and you are just eaten up over it.

When I asked her why she had tried to break up with me before I broke up with her, she admitted that she was only testing me. 

That is one reason why I don't believe your story. Another is that this is not the first time you've made a thread like this. You seem to view women with disdain. Even in your story, you cast the ex as a desperate, pathetic nitwit who ultimately conceded the match to you by admitting that it was all her fault.

The fact is, there are crazy people out there. There are crazy men. There are crazy women. Relationships are dissolved every single day, all over the planet, and it is done without one single woman losing her mind over it.

My ex was so incensed with rage that I was the one to end the marriage rather than he, that he loosened every lug nut on all four of the tires on my mustang. Literally, he told me that's why he did it. Luckily, he was too stupid to see that each wheel also had a locking lug nut that required a specific tool to unlock, or I wouldn't be typing this right now. I went off the road at 75mph, and if those nuts had not held, I would have died. That is what crazy looks like. Does that mean that all men should be expected to behave this way? No, because not every guy does things like that.

A good friend ditched his long time girlfriend years ago...she was my pal too...and I could not believe her reaction. She broke into his house while he was working, urinated and defecated all over his bed, slashed the furniture all up, broke every dish in his kitchen, cut up all of his clothes with scissors...there's more but you get the idea. That also falls under the category of crazy. Does that mean we can expect every single woman to behave this way? No, because not every woman does.

It's as if basically everyone just understands that women are crazy, and they shouldn't be held accountable for it. 

Women are held accountable for doing emotionally driven stupid crap all the time. So are men. That statement is 100% asinine. I could find plenty of statistical proof that men and women are at least equally as likely to go bat# loony after a breakup, but I'm not going to waste my time. It is ridiculously common. The fact that stalker laws exist is testimony to that.

I know too, that plenty of women bash on men much like this, and I don't agree with that either. The phrase, "Men are pigs" irks the absolute piss out of me, for example.

It's a bitter, resentful blanket generalisation that is not even remotely true, and I avoid other women who say demoralizing, stupid sh!t like that because I think they largely get what they deserve for putting that negativity out there in the first place.

How many great people out there are missing out on meeting other really great people simply because they buy into negative blanket assumptions like this? Maybe if they stopped trying to fit every person they encounter into a pre-made template, they would be more successful in finding the right person and...and hanging on to them.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

The more drama you watch on tv the more drama you will create in reality....at the end of the day, Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus!

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I once had a friend his girlfriend would pay his world of warcraft subscription in order to keep him in the house instead of going out and doing other woman.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join