It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terrible song covers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I was listening to the radio, and The Atari's cover of Don Henleys' "Boys of Summer" came on. you know the line in the song about the Deadhead sticker on a Cadillac? in the cover, the line is changed to "a Black Flag sticker on a Cadillac". somehow that really irritated me. that was enough to land this song a place on my personal least favorite cover song list. another I didn't like at all was Madonna's cover of "American Pie". now, not all covers are bad, like Johnny Cash's great cover of Nine Inch Nails' "Hurt". but, cover songs are a slippery slope. what are your least favorite song covers?

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   
anything done by casey chambers, or jewel...my god my ears bleed when I hear them sing.

Chris

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Paved paradise, put up a parking lot"....the latest being the absolute worst...

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sing it with me now...
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WA-HILL ALWAYS LA-HOVE YOU...AND IIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND IIIIIII..... etc

Puts terror into me whenever i hear it

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by David
Sing it with me now...
AND IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
WA-HILL ALWAYS LA-HOVE YOU...AND IIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIII E IIIIIIIIIIIIII WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU AND IIIIIII..... etc

Puts terror into me whenever i hear it

how could I have forgotten this one? *shudder*

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i'm sure most of you have heard video killed the radio star by the buggles and offspring did a cover, like offspring was good in the americana days but that cover just brought him down

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I don't mind the Ataris version of "Boys of Summer", but I will agree....Madonna+American Pie=

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rahboni
I don't mind the Ataris version of "Boys of Summer", but I will agree....Madonna+American Pie=

it's not the song itself that bothers me, it's the changing of that line that really sticks in my craw. I don't quite understand the logic...are young teenangers today really more likely to know who Black Flag is as opposed to the Grateful Dead? but then, I'm just weird about things like that

new topics

top topics

join