It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Act - Fake News Is Now Illegal Just Deem It Foreign Propaganda

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

That's a lie.

It is against foreign GOVERNMENTS, not independent press or alternative news.

It isn't a lie when they can proclaim without showing evidence "BUT THE RUSSHIANS DID IT I!!!!

BTW, the bill is against "any information this leftwing organization deems is "foreign government propaganda"...

Thanks to President Obama any information that left-wingers want to claim as "foreign government propaganda" is labeled fake news...

Keep swallowing that government propaganda Kool-aide. Some people seem to have acquired a taste for it.

edit on 26-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Left wing? Is that why it's main sponsor (the guy who introduced it) is a bloody Republican?!

What a joke of a response..

edit on 27/12/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It's not just entered around foreign policy, just because its DOD. Dont forget how they "influenced the election and must be stopped". This can apply to any propaganda, which the model so far was about alleged anti-DNC propaganda.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

The “right to free speech and freedom of the press,” is guaranteed by the First Amendment to The U.S. Constitution.

That right went out the window, with the introduction of the Patriot Act.

A US citizen can now be arrested and detained indefinitely without trial nor even explanation on why they are being detained.

Of course, this only applies to those who are dangerous, because they "say the wrong types of things", and hence deemed to be a threat to the National Security.

If you say the right things, you don't really have to worry about the Patriot Act.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Late Friday night, President Obama signed the 2017 National Defense Authorization Act into law, which authorizes a military spending budget of $611 billion, and includes the dangerous Counter Disinformation and Anti-Propaganda Act H.R. 5181.

How nice.

And the fact is the FCC is controlled by the CIA, who are the perpetrators of properganda and fake News.

Well there went freedom of the Press, and goodby to the first Amendment. Truth is the enemy of the NWO.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

It isn't a lie when they can proclaim without showing evidence "BUT THE RUSSHIANS DID IT I!!!!

What sort of evidence do you want them to provide? The complete IP stack? You don't think there are matters of national security inherent in releasing such evidence?

The CIA and FBI have released plenty of information about the attacks. You can find some of it here: www.nbcnews.com...

And let's face it. There's not a thing they could release that would make you believe them.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

They can tell us about the hacks, but not show the evidence? Right.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: Greggers

And I've seen you crucifying Democrats with highly questionable rhetoric and sometimes outright fake news (like the term or not, it fits a huge percentage of the crap you posted about Hillary).

Quote one single example, or better yet be a man about it and challenge the threads you're going to pull from (where it actually matters andall of the context etc is all right there). There are plenty to choose from.

PS: If its my usual 30+ citations in a megathread, and one slimy one happened in there, that doesn't count, or does it?

Almost that entire thread was slimy. And I have challenged you, multiple times, in those threads. You mostly just ignored it.

Sorry man. I guess the truth hurts... if you can even find it.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Greggers -no offence- you should change your avatar or whatever from "TRUST NO ONE" to "TRUST THE MSM and ME". Every comment I read from you is spent defending shady crap the Feds are trying to push down our throats. I think you are of the MSM and paid to comment here or something.

Fools -no offence- you should keep your name exactly as it is. Maybe lose the 's'.

Please do continue to accuse me of being a shill, though.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

When the evidence would show how the determination was made?
Yeah, I can see why they wouldn't want to make that public knowledge. Sort of blows it for future efforts.

National security. Touchy subject.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

They can tell us about the hacks, but not show the evidence? Right.

What evidence do you want to see?

Again, do you want the actual LOGFILES? The complete IP stack?

Would you even know what you were looking at?

The problem is, enough people would know what they were looking at to compromise national security. And if they did release that information, you'd simply accuse them of fabricating it.

A logfile is simple enough to fake.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

He is a RINO. (Republican in Name Only) Plenty of RINOs are progressives. This is why there are "RINOs" who are "progressives" as defined by the left.

The joke is on you.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So they can get to determine what is and isn't "foreign government propaganda" without proving it?...

That's not how it works. The government can't simply decide what to ban based on left-wing ideas without presenting any proof to their claims...

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

So they can get to determine what is and isn't "foreign government propaganda" without proving it?...

That's not how it works. The government can't simply decide what to ban based on left-wing ideas without presenting any proof to their claims...

Where does it say anything is being banned?

And what the hell is left-wing about IP addresses and security logs?

This isn't exactly a liberal thing. Many prominent Republicans agree this is an issue.
edit on 27-12-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

The problem is, enough people would know what they were looking at to compromise national security. And if they did release that information, you'd simply accuse them of fabricating it.

A logfile is simple enough to fake.

Probably is fabricated logfiles, they had plenty of time to tweak the IP stacks and networking protocols. Plus the fact CrowdStrike, Inc. is located in liberal central California with BIG investor backing from China etc.... bet Soros is in on it too.

Your link www.nbcnews.com... has been producing disinformation throughout the presidential campaign. I'd say it's highly likely Cozy Bear lives in California or China.... anyone can smell it's BS propaganda.

I predict Obama's war on information will be a short one.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Which one? I've been cranking out mega-threads like hotcakes since my return this year.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Russian hackers are so dangerous that they can bring our election to its knees, but they have no clue to they would be tracked, or how to cover their tracks... Got It!

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Where does it say anything is being banned?

Are you serious?... You want to play semantics now?...

Obama and his thugs implementing a crackdown on information they deem "foreign government propaganda", without presenting any evidence to corroborate such a claim, having the very left-wing and progressive social media networks, and search engines such as Facebook, Yahoo, google, etc blacklist and block any website that has contents that is deemed as "fake news" (per left-wing standards), etc.

And what the hell is left-wing about IP addresses and security logs?

It was a response to Phage's statements, not yours... Look at Phage's post I responded to...

This isn't exactly a liberal thing. Many prominent Republicans agree this is an issue.

Prominent republicans, or prominent RINOs? When someone calls himself/herself republican but keeps backing progressive bills and ideas that person is not a republican.

edit on 27-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Not to mention that it was claimed they knew it was happening but thought Clinton would win so they shrugged off and didn't care...until Trump won... Only then the left wanted to use the "the Russians did it" card.

Obama shrugs off Russian hacking — until Donald Trump elected president

It's a bit funny that a communist, such as Obama, would try to blame Russia for Americans voting for Trump...
How does it make sense that Trump won "because the Russians did it" when Hillary Clinton could not fill most of her rallies, even many of those made indoors, and Trump's rallies were always full with more people waiting outside?...

I have heard the claim "but people have jobs which is why more people didn't support Hillary"... Really, so Trump supporters have no jobs?...

edit on 27-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I also wonder... How many foreign government's and foreign government officials has the United States hacked?... I guess the U.S. influenced the elections in Germany, alongside all of Europe, Russia itself, China, etc, etc...

After all, if there is evidence that a government official has been hacked by another country, this seems to be evidence that such foreign government has affected the election results of all those countries they hacked... At least, that's the claim the left want to make now.
edit on 27-12-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join