It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs Act - Fake News Is Now Illegal Just Deem It Foreign Propaganda

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dude :

You are saying that because the US Gov has been guilty of deceit and lies against its own population, we should no longer believe anything it says and doubt every move it takes.

No matter if ppl with integrity and good will are at the helm of most of this GOV agencies? I guess you vetted them all, and concluded they are part of a conspiracy to protect the current system and perpetuate misery among the masses?

I just have one question
What exactly are you going to do about it?
It sounds like you should run for office. We need someone with your level of paranoia to be in the thick of it. Maybe once you are in the middle of it you will understand better.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: gmoneystunt

In summary the stage is now set for the U.S. government to legally crack down on any independent press,alternative news or media outlet that they claim is “foreign propaganda" they just need the money to enforce it.

That's a lie.

It is against foreign GOVERNMENTS, not independent press or alternative news.

It is not a lie. All they need to say is "Russia!" and it's over. Kind of like the whole email thing Russia has not been proven in the slightest to have had anything to do with. Just wait buddy you give the us gov too much credit.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

When it was Bush I was with you guys against him. With Obama the pendulum swung and now I was 'on the same team' with the right. If the left would actually hold their side accountable , and the right, then I'd be on everyones team (IN REALITY I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!). Now instead of them calling me a liberal, your team all calling me a conservative. We'll see how Trump does, but its quite possible that within a year or so the real republicans will want to string me up and castrate me like back in the old days. I only ever took him seriously after seeing how the Establishment's MSM was all-in against him (like Ron Paul & Dennis Kucinich).

Meanwhile, whoever leads an agenda gets the most heat in my book. The rest are but middle management minions. Now this would be different if say the republicans totally lead the charge on something, and Obama signed it just to be a bipartisan nice guy. The rest of the time, if its the CIA the POTUS is in the hot seat, i the POTUS campaigns for something he gets the hotseat, if his Secretary of State does the damage then they both get the hotseat, and so on. How hard is this to understand?

How about this, back in the Bush days every time somebody trashed Bush for say Iraq, did you cut in and go 'dont forget about the democrat's congress dooshes'??

And it's not to leave them off the hook, but to cut into every POTUS hotseat roundtable discussion with the same old lines that isn't a reminder, that's deflection.

Okay, okay, I didn't mean to imply you're a Hillary minion, but it goes just the same if not even Obama is going to get skewered over Syria then how is she ever going to? And if you put it just on her that's off too.

ObamaHillaryCo. were just more Neocon's on foreign policy. Okay, fine, Neoliberal's, with the minor differences in approach to methods and rhetoric. This guy shouldn't get any kind of pass whatsoever for what he's done. To me the logic is simple: you aid and abet and deploy Al Qaeda and you face the firing squad. That goes for any government official. The MSM collaborators maybe they'll just get life in prison. It's not just some philosophical exercise here, millions of lives destroyed and millions yet left to die because of what they've done. This is beyond serial killer or school shooter stuff here!

The POTUS seat give everyone a clear starting point of where to begin such a motion of JUSTICE. And then work the way down. Not the other way around! Unless its a matter of proper investigation standards where you round up the CIA operatives and start cutting deals in the RICO suit, but you always go straight for the top in defining such a suit. The capo's yeah they in there too but damn keeping peoples attention on a cause involving one dude is hard enough when party politics and boot licking gets involved.
edit on 26-12-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

And I've seen you crucifying Democrats with highly questionable rhetoric and sometimes outright fake news (like the term or not, it fits a huge percentage of the crap you posted about Hillary).

Quote one single example, or better yet be a man about it and challenge the threads you're going to pull from (where it actually matters andall of the context etc is all right there). There are plenty to choose from.

PS: If its my usual 30+ citations in a megathread, and one slimy one happened in there, that doesn't count, or does it?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

Looks like a declaration of war. Disgusting negligence by a bunch of psychopaths. Time to start trading lives for cash, I suppose. This bill looks to be what a whole bunch of people on here and other sites have been asking for, drastic and violent change. Don't worry about global warming folks, won't matter real soon.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian

So then,
you didn't read the actual document.

Par.
edit on 12/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

We've got oodles of hard questions, brutal facts and damning perspectives in here that you might actually articulate towards.

Otherwise, par.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Right.
Speculation carries far more weight than documentation.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

So then,
you didn't read the actual thread.

Par.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I did.
I just find the actual bill (the actual law) more relevant to the point.

edit on 12/26/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Oh, that's right, indoctrinating the journalists to be DOD brainwashed minions who set about hunting anything critical of American Imperialism to label it "foreign propaganda" to then add it to the Google & Facebook & Twitter net scrubbing AI automaton blacklists that's aye okay.

Muting out perspectives IS CENSORSHIP folks.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

What does that have to do with legality?

Fake News Is Now Illegal

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Okay, so people might not get criminal charges (for now), but how is censorship any different in the end results of the public sphere?

Scenario A: Dude gets censored and arrested for having a different view.
Scenario B: Dude gets censored for having a different view.

To tolerate either is the opposite of a free and open society based on Western Liberal Values.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

but how is censorship any different in the end results of the public sphere?
One was arrested and one wasn't?

To tolerate either is the opposite of a free and open society based on Western Liberal Values.
Neither reflects anything stated in the bill.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Read the document, Sec 3 really looks like "there are bombs in Iraq, better go bomb them." The rest of it looks like MK Ultra, 1984, and the Patriot Act had a baby.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Sure, if we just take the case of the bill alone and nothing to do with anything else involved in the news warped all around this, and nothing to do with the existing norms of them already doing this sort of stuff everyday, and nothing to do with the history of them doing all of that for generations now, and just zoom in specifically on this bill and non of the et al rhetoric and blacklists and social media crackdowns, then fine: you might have a point i the specific wording of it.

Did you note how I dared you to challenge the collage of perspectives and related facts & case studies? Since the wording in the bill has been business as usual okay aside from the overt central 'Global Engagement Center Department", that its been illegal all along and they've been doing it all along, and how in setting this up as a legal precedent then what it really about to happen, none of that kind of stuff matters?? Consider how they swore up and down across multiple admin's that they weren't spying on EVERYONE. Increasingly they were challenged and exposed for doing so. Spymaster gets up in front of Congress and LIES about it. Then Snowden released his data's and rocked the world (with what many of already knew to be self-evident of course). I guess insights & perspectives like this are entirely irrelevant here, right?

Yawn.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ventian
"Looks like..." Which part? What's it actually say?

The rest of it looks like MK Ultra, 1984, and the Patriot Act had a baby.

Well, I read 1984. We're late, an not even close at this point.

The rest of it, good luck. If it makes you feel better.

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Sure, if we just take the case of the bill alone ...

You're right. In the perspective of the most of the planet it doesn't mean much. You can include me in that majority, if you wish.

Not sure what the bill has to do with government spying though. Or was that just an excuse to rant?

posted on Dec, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I'm disappointed in you all year now, Phage. Thought you were supposed to have real game.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join