It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I underestimated wisdom tooth extraction

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Mine weren't impacted,but it felt like my dentist was putting his foot on my face trying to pull them out.DO NOT get any food in the crevices where your tooth used to be,that is painful.

Dry socket for those who must know

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I hear ya loud and clear! My overarching goal is to be rid of tobacco altogether. I had probably between 6 & 10 serious attempts at quitting over the years, and several months ago I basically said "Do whatever other form of tobacco you like, but smoking isn't an option anymore."

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks to you all for dropping by and providing some conversation, it's helping keep my mind off of my mouth, jaw, and neck.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
Mine weren't impacted,but it felt like my dentist was putting his foot on my face trying to pull them out.DO NOT get any food in the crevices where your tooth used to be,that is painful.

Dry socket for those who must know

This makes me sweat just looking at it. Unless you have had dry socket (like I have) then you could never understand the mortal agony it causes!

*shudders* thank god that infection is gone

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I'm hoping to capitalize on the fact that the snus is not the most enjoyable experience. If the only way to get nicotine is gross, perhaps classical conditioning will set in?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I am so grateful that the red "play" button is over that man's face, in my state I might actually vomit upon seeing any dental procedure. I'll check that vid out soon enough though. Thanks for dropping by!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

I'm hoping to capitalize on the fact that the snus is not the most enjoyable experience. If the only way to get nicotine is gross, perhaps classical conditioning will set in?

Never really thought of it like that before but I guess it could work! No harm trying....

Smoking/nicotine addiction is an absolute F#$€^ to beat. I gave up for two years and relapsed recently! It sucks

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

a reply to: buckwhizzle

I am so grateful that the red "play" button is over that man's face, in my state I might actually vomit upon seeing any dental procedure. I'll check that vid out soon enough though. Thanks for dropping by!

When I told you about the cloves. They actually show it in that video! As I said, instant relief for me when the dentist did it

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial

Mine were all taken out against my will about 10 years ago.

I was in a percocet haze for a week. I don't even think I ate anything.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Mine were all taken out against my will about 10 years ago.

I was in a percocet haze for a week. I don't even think I ate anything.

Against your will?? Surely you had to give permission to have the procedure no?

Forgive me if I sound sarcastic I'm genuinely curious. What happened and why?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

I've had several pretty bad moments with my wife and young daughter. When I got home from the procedure and my mouth was still nothing more than a blood-hole, I made them both cry, which of course made me feel bad. So I'm quarantining myself until a point at which the pain isn't making me say mean things to my ladies.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Against your will?!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I've done similarly. It is truly an oddysey. I've done lots of reading about tobacco, and one strange thing I've gathered is that pipe smokers (or some of them, at least) are able to go several weeks without a pipe. I can think of maybe two or three cigarette smokers who can self-regulate like that. It's almost like cigarettes are the crack-coc aine of tobacco use!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Had all 4 of mine removed while I was in the Army before I got out under advice of the dentist who told me how much it would cost me once I got out. Wasn't put under and the dude actually levered his foot on the arm of the chair I was sitting in to wrench the buggers out. Back to work the next day!

As one other poster mentioned, DRY SOCKET! No reason you should be suffering that much.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Had all 4 of mine removed while I was in the Army before I got out under advice of the dentist who told me how much it would cost me once I got out. Wasn't put under and the dude actually levered his foot on the arm of the chair I was sitting in to wrench the buggers out. Back to work the next day!

As one other poster mentioned, DRY SOCKET! No reason you should be suffering that much.

Holy S&#% ... you must have been in some serious pain

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I've done similarly. It is truly an oddysey. I've done lots of reading about tobacco, and one strange thing I've gathered is that pipe smokers (or some of them, at least) are able to go several weeks without a pipe. I can think of maybe two or three cigarette smokers who can self-regulate like that. It's almost like cigarettes are the crack-coc aine of tobacco use!

It is indeed.

Take my mother for example. Smoked 20+ a day for thirty years, one day she woke up and said I don't want to smoke anymore. She quit and has never smoked since that day! No struggle or withdrawals! Just with a click of her fingers. She has been smoke free for 10 years

edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/12/2016 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I was miserable, but back then it was what it was.......

Honestly the worst I remember from it was my stupidity trying to eat a few Doritos because I was so hungry and one of them jammed into one of empty sockets.

I will admit though, after that, I do have a fear of dentists!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I had two uppers pulled with just a shot.
The shot in the roof of my mouth hurt more than the extraction.
No boots on the chest though....lol

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I was stubborn as well and had mine pulled at 32, almost 34 now and I'm glad I had it ( finally ) done.

Had an excellent oral surgeon, pulled 3 of them ( 4th one didn't need it ) in less than 30 mins under general anesthesia. Only bad part was the anesthesiologist didn't listen to me when I told her my body processes drugs quickly. I started to wake up while he was stitching me up and heard "Crap, he's waking up.", then got knocked out again.

Followed all the instructions to a tee, and was back at work 3 days later. Took about a week for all my swelling to completely subside. Those suckers were stuck in there good.

No dry socket or complications, even at my age. As resistant as I am to being cut open, I'm glad I had it done.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

I was miserable, but back then it was what it was.......

Honestly the worst I remember from it was my stupidity trying to eat a few Doritos because I was so hungry and one of them jammed into one of empty sockets.

I will admit though, after that, I do have a fear of dentists!

Yep doritos prob not the best idea buddy lol! I was on soup for ages! It sucked pretty bad

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join