It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump To Close Foundation To Avoid Potential Conflicts Of Interest

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

When was all that. Before or after he was elected president? Is he doing that now or is something old like those stories about chicks from the 90's ?

edit on 24-12-2016 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Fun fact, Trump's foundation was already shut down by the NYS AG and has been under investigation for things like Trump using charity money for himself, such as paying off Florida AG tens of thousands of dollars because of Trump University and purchasing a 6 foot tall painting of himself. How charitable of him! I do look forward to seeing how this investigation ends up!

edit on 24-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Trump has a staff of lawyers to dream up ways to scam ordinary citizens out of their hard earned dollars and protect him from law suits.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

www.salon.com...

I wonder if trump now feels that because he is president, he can skate away from his legal responsibilities?

edit on 24-12-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Merry Christmas...feel the hate...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: xuenchen

Fun fact, Trump's foundation was already shut down by the NYS AG and has been under investigation for things like Trump using charity money for himself, such as paying off Florida AG tens of thousands of dollars because of Trump University and purchasing a 6 foot tall painting of himself. How charitable of him! I do look forward to seeing how this investigation ends up!

Now if only we can get the enraged snowflakes to spend as much time trying to get the Clinton Foundation investigated.

Oh wait... they're on your team.. my bad and nevermind.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Trump has a staff of lawyers to dream up ways to scam ordinary citizens out of their hard earned dollars and protect him from law suits.

www.theamericanconservative.com...

I wonder if trump now feels that because he is president, he can skate away from his legal responsibilities?

Yes, the Vets fund raiser only came out of that dream machine because Trump didn't like Megyn Kelly and didn't want her on the TV campaign debate team, but didn't get his way. He behaved like an eight year old spoilt brat and did his own thing on the same night, why don't people see that beneath the Razzmatazz?
Working to Middle class Americans have high values, why this tow rag got in is anybody's guess, he's not even a lovable rogue like Robin Hood, he is though part of the elite..and that's scary from where I sit in my little corner of the globe.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Obama and Clinton had the for sale signs on just about everything.

How is he supposed to become the first trillionaire by the time he leaves office if the sour grapes crowd keeps ragging on the poor man.

Really, Trump can be aboveboard and still make America great again. America first. Jobs, manufacturing and energy independence using our own natural resources. Along with fair trade. Adjust tariffs to make up for cheap foreign wages.

If he gets richer along the way, more power to him.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GreyScale

Why is it so many Trump supporting conservatives can't have a political dialogue without always resorting to name calling? Not only that, always resorting to assumptions because if someone isn't on their side 100% they're automatically a SWJ Snowflake Liberal whose in love with Hillary Clinton and the Democratic party.

So back on topic, how do you feel about all of Trumps misuses of his charity foundation? Is it totally okay for him to break the law? This isn't about Clinton, it's about Trump so stop deflecting and going off topic.
edit on 24-12-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Trump is going to avoid conflicts of interest by dissolving the Trump Foundation !!

Seems already a few events have been at least semi-cancelled.

Probably a good move.

Donald Trump To Close Foundation To Avoid Potential Conflicts Of Interest

President-elect Donald Trump will close his foundation, he announced on Saturday.

The decision is part of a series of moves that appear aimed at resolving some of the most glaring potential conflicts of interest that his business and philanthropic empire poses. But he’s still stopping short of what top ethics experts recommend, The New York Times reported on Saturday.

The businessman plans to donate the holdings of the Trump Foundation, his charity fund, and then disband it, a change first reported by the Times. The news follows a decision by his second son Eric Trump to suspend operations of his charity after a nonprofit that he and his brother Donald Trump Jr. lead received negative attention for auctioning off access to the president-elect.

2nd Source

A little different from when hillary said they'd "think about it" if she were elected.

Let him do it and watch the left cry about heartless they are.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: UnBreakable

Pretty sure that is wrong, but what does it matter? I didn't see the op posting about Clinton.......in this thread.

Yeah, it's about 6-9% not 10%.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

When was all that. Before or after he was elected president? Is he doing that now or is something old like those stories about chicks from the 90's ?

Are you sure that that you are not in fact Donald.... But, how would you know?

Check out the big blank bar at the top of the page, and fill it with words, it's been done before. As for old stories, and give the guy a chance, WTF happened to Al Capone for President, he could have been in the running at one time with soup kitchens and doled bucks? Oh! I forgot he was done for tax evasion. Nah, he's gone, we are more sophisticated now, but feck me...the soup kitchens are still there, but not a tent, it has to be made of wood etc...much nicer Eh!
edit on 24-12-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: GreyScale

Why is it so many Trump supporting conservatives can't have a political dialogue without always resorting to name calling? Not only that, always resorting to assumptions because if someone isn't on their side 100% they're automatically a SWJ Snowflake Liberal whose in love with Hillary Clinton and the Democratic party.

So back on topic, how do you feel about all of Trumps misuses of his charity foundation? Is it totally okay for him to break the law? This isn't about Clinton, it's about Trump so stop deflecting and going off topic.

First off, Trump supporter and conservative to me are two entirely different things. I didn't vote for Trump. I'm an actual conservative. That being said, he's the guy in charge coming up so let's see where it goes and perhaps we can get him in office before whining about what he's doing as president. Still think he was a better choice than anything Progressive/liberal right now.

Secondly, I base the ~automatically a SWJ snowflake Liberal~ idea of you based off of your last few thousand posts. Sorry snowflake.

Third, any "abuse" of the charity is currently being brought up by Democrats. Hasn't been proven... just a lawsuit. You know, the tool the left uses to shut anyone that is different up.

Forth and final, bringing up Hillary isn't a deflection, although you'd like to use the excuse. Trump and Clinton are both political topics, currently casts as opposites. So to flop around and scream about the Trump foundation but be quite mum on the subject of the Clinton foundation is hypocrisy. I like to take the time to point out the hypocrisy of the left any time I can.

This is where you come in. So thank you and keep posting!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
He wasn't doing much with the Foundation anyway, it was just something he created to be like other successful businessmen. I think one of the most corrupt foundations is the Clinton Foundation. What happened to these places donating to things like the food bank, Vinnies, and the Salvation army. I know that the Red Cross seems to burn up most of their donations in wages and salaries and overhead, they were supposed to try to fix that but I have not heard if it happened yet.

There are a lot of bad charities out there and the funny thing is that the people running these things cannot see they are not actually accomplishing much with the donations. Donations are burnt up in the system.

I see a lot of medical organizations looking for money for research, they seem to just be paying salaries to high income people. Not much comes out of these places. There are some like St. Judes which actually help people though, some are doing what they are supposed to do with the money.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam
Having seen all the advantages that operating a "Charity" have provided the Clintons and Trump, I'm thinking about opening up one of my own.

This wasn't a charity. It was money laundering.

The Clinton's charity is legit.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Having seen all the advantages that operating a "Charity" have provided the Clintons and Trump, I'm thinking about opening up one of my own.

This wasn't a charity. It was money laundering.

Yeah and the repubs switched sides with the dem KKK.

Nice try Annee.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This closing is actually the second Trump charity to come under fire and close in the past 3 days. I don't believe that they're aware of the line between "ethical in business" and "ethical in government."

In business, you can offer a package deal to go hunting with the top executive and/or his family members.

In politics ... no.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreyScale
Secondly, I base the ~automatically a SWJ snowflake Liberal~ idea of you based off of your last few thousand posts. Sorry snowflake.

Except, that wouldn't be correct.

I'm the liberal, Democrat-voting, social justice warrior (yes, I've taken on institutions and marched in a protest), Politically Correct, Feminist... and you might call me a snowflake. I don't melt very well and I'm not a cookie cutter version of every other one.

So please don't bait others. I'm the SJW.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

comparing a painting to the Clinton foundation taking money for uranium is not even on the same level and is really pathetic.
edit on 24-12-2016 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Maybe this is why he was trying to close it down?

A spokesperson for New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman said Saturday that the Donald J. Trump Foundation cannot cease operations until a probe into the organization is finished

The New York attorney general's office launched an investigation into the foundation after reports from The Washington Post found that charity funds may have been used to benefit Trump himself.

"The Trump Foundation is still under investigation by this office and cannot legally dissolve until that investigation is complete,” Amy Spitalnick, a spokeswoman for Schneiderman, said in a statement to The Hill.

Trump’s transition team did not immediately respond when asked for comment.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join