It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Widow Baby

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

This has got to be one of the most incomprehensible ignorant and just all around insane posts I have ever read.

Truly over the top idiocy from someone one who has no clue about what they speak.

Unfathomable in its moronic rambling .

For God's sake pick up a book that can't be found in the nightstand of a cheap motel and learn something before you speak again

Please.

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Whoa ho hooooo. I'm sensing some hostility, mister. No need to get your panties in a wad, OK?

Btw. I seriously Sat and watched her take a poo yesterday so this-

They never take a # and their 
excrement shoots their fangs 
tough guy.

--makes no sense. I really wasn't trying to upset you, Scout's Honor. But you can't expect to spout weird things angrily and not get a certain response from folks. All I asked was you do a little research before you show up acting like you know what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

The bite is a bio toxin that also attacks
The nervous system. It shoots excrement
Under your skin or in its victim. That's what
Breaks down the insides of the it's victims
Or eats your skin away around the bite.
Their sick bitches and if you think I'm upset
The jokes on you cause I'm laugh'n. The
Toxin is 15 times more potent than a
Mojave green.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

How do you even come up with this nonsense?

Seriously . I want to know.

Where did you find this information?

Because it is not true at all

I mean you just made that all up . It's quite amazing

edit on am1220163112America/ChicagoWed, 28 Dec 2016 00:42:06 -0600_12000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

you want scary? Ok I'll give you scary

Brazilian Striped Back Scorpion (Tityus stigmurus) 1/2" $30 each, C.B. Babies!! Very interesting species from Brazil, T. stigmurus is a smaller species that is an overall golden- yellowish with darker greyish smudges around eyes, telson, tips of pedipalps, and a faint stripe down the back. This species is also parthenogenec, and produce offspring without needing to breed. These need to be provided with a vertical peice of bark or dried leaf for proper molting. Keep semi-moist, and keep in mind, the venom with this species should be considered dangerous although few deaths have actually occured. BE VERY CAUTIOUS!!

That is scary haha but people keep them as pets because they are fun to watch. Just because its a pet doesn't mean it has to be a lap dog. so get down off your highhorse and realize some people just like exotic pets and that's their choice.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Look-

Following feeding, the abdomen of the spider’s body expands as its stomach fills.

Link

Their stomachs or sacs as you called them expand due to eating.

Are you just making stuff up now or are you getting this from somewhere? Because I can't find your information anywhere. Seriously. Just search "black widow bites" and you'll find this:

How dangerous are black widow spider bites?

If a black widow spider bites a person, do not panic! No one in the United States has died from a black widow spider bite in over ten years. Very often the black widow will not inject any venom into the bite and no serious symptoms develop. Wash the wound well with soap and water to help prevent infection.

If muscle cramps develop, take the patient to the nearest hospital. Some victims, especially young children, may be admitted overnight for observation and treatment.

Treatments are available for the symptoms caused by a black widow spider bite. Various medications are used to treat the muscle cramps, spasms and pain caused by a bite. Black widow spider antivenin is seldom necessary.

Read more: www.desertusa.com...

The only person you're scaring here is yourself.

More?

These spiders aren’t aggressive and only bite when they feel threatened. The bites usually aren’t fatal, but they can still cause some serious and uncomfortable symptoms.

There was a time when I would've been acting the same as you. Freaking out, trying to inform someone of something that might be dangerous. Trust the experts man, not the media.

Link

Link

NOW, any ideas on a name for her?
edit on 28-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: Made an oopsies

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Basically our decision to own this thing wasn't just a random one. I didn't want her at first, in fact, she stayed outside in a little container for almost two weeks before my husband brought her in to feed her some flies.

Fact is, we aren't going to be taking her out and showing her off or trying to pet her. It's a SPIDER, for crying out loud. Kind of like owning a bad ass snake or tarantulas, like the fella here mentioned he does. There's this thing called common sense and we know how to use it, but thanks for the concern.
edit on 28-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

See, now I would never get something like that. Scorpions, especially HUGE ones freak me out more than any spider does. They're just plain freaky looking!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

hehe i was mostly just making a point that there are many pets one can get that are 1000Xs more venomous then a black widow lol but i have thought about getting a couple of different breeds of scorpions just to add to my collection. watching the different breeds during daily activities really teaches you a lot about them. That's one thing people that arent into them don't realize or fail to accept. CB exotics live longer, are generally healthier if kept properly and are provided with a stable environment tailored to its specific needs. Most long time Keepers i've talked to are more knowledgeable about the different breeds then someone who has a specialized degree from a university.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

It's getting past the whole creepy, cringey, skin crawly feeling of them. Once you get over that you can sit back and watch them and realize how truly fascinating some of these creepy crawlers really are. Least that's how it happened with me. Hell, I just caught a spider in my house and let it loose outside! A month ago I would've squashed it silly but now I can't bring myself to.
edit on 28-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: Extra extra read all about it

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I may have crossed the line. But I truly
hate those G-D things. And I bet I know
more about their bites and how to treat
Them than most physicians. For me
Them and the recluse do'n 't deserve to
Live.
edit on Ram122816v41201600000055 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

agreed lol its a very addicting hobby! they don't take up a lot of room, not very demanding on care, and in the case of my Becchino, a spider the size of a dinner plate is really gonna be something to see lol

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14
a reply to: Nivek555

Must there not be a male spider there so they can do their spider-sex thingy?

Still laughing so hard at this. Spider-sex thingy. Great.

I knew it. She needs a.....wait for it....SPIDERMAN(!!!) for the sex thing to happen

Lol!

thanks for the informativation!

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Trust me, I completely understand your view! I went a long time feeling the same way. My dad was hospitalized once because he was working under a house and crawled right into a ton of brown recluse. Almost killed him. But on the other hand, I've never heard of anyone personally who was bitten by a black widow. Only ever heard that they were lethal. Which, you know, a little research on my part quickly showed how untrue that really was, seems it's more of a myth or something.

We all have our prerogatives. To each their own. I've owned a lot of different animals in my life, some wild caught some bought from pet stores, so I'm more open to owning something like this than others may be
edit on 28-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: Made an oopsies

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I promise You most physicians don't even diagnose
The bite right until it abscesses and the bacteria is eating away at the skin. The abscess is
Growing and it gets to the point where anti
Biotics are needed. Most of the time people
are bit and they don't even know it. They
think it's just a pimple. Then it grows and the
Skin starts to die around it. Then it can
Become lethal if not treated properly.
What I'm say'n here is truth from
Exp. Tons of it.

edit on Rpm122816v38201600000037 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Have you been bitten by a black widow then? Or know someone who has? What happened?

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Many times, I wish I wasn't on my dann phone
So I wasn't hen pecking but all I
Can give you is my word anyway.
I know what I 'm talk ' n about. Not
that I have something to prove more
For information sake. Most of the
People on ats who aren't lops, know
My word is good.

Besides all that it's kinda cruel what you' re
Doing anyway. Leave that jar in the sunlight
For an hour. To see what I mean. Or is that
Thing something you can actually Care about?
I'm reminded of people taking care of dead
Relatives on the walk 'n dead. Lol
Biters lol
edit on Rpm122816v08201600000059 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on Rpm122816v09201600000040 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

How do you even come up with this nonsense?

Seriously . I want to know.

Where did you find this information?

Because it is not true at all

I mean you just made that all up . It's quite amazing

I don't open my mouth on this site without
knowing what I' m talk'n about. Maybe you
Can post some pics of bites for me?
edit on Rpm122816v17201600000046 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I don't see it as cruel at all. She's being fed and watered on a regular basis. We've eliminated the possiblity of someone finding and killing her out of fear. So she'll live longer than she might in the wild.

Why would I put her in the sun light for an hour? That would most definitely kill her lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Really ? So they poison people with their poop?
Lol

Every thing you have said is a joke.

We are talking about widows and then you start talking about recluses in the post above .

You need to read ANY of the links posted in this thread and educate yourself.

Because all you have done is proven you disregard the ATS motto.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join