It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Widow Baby

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I did a quick Google search 'do spiders poop' and discovered that they do, but they don't pee. They expel everything in handy little pellets.

BUT, I also found out how they grow. They have to shed their exoskeleton in order to do this. So, OP, that's definitely something to look forward to.

Fun facts found here:

webworldwonders.firn.edu...

And, you can find just about anything on You Tube, so here is a Black Widow relieving herself:

edit on 30-12-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: berenike

watching my big girls molt is probably the most interesting part! Both of mine are in premolt at the moment. They tend to not eat before a molt but after they get done, to look over their old armor is pretty damn neat lol fangs and all.

When my ball python sheds in one piece i used to give them to my bosses daughter to look at and study, shes only 9 but I'm pretty sure she's gonna grow up to be a vet someday lol

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well, I've watched her poop lol

But aren't they so beautiful? Not necessarily while they poo, that's weird to watch no matter what you are, but in general. I understand people are creeped out by her, my dad told me because of our bad luck in my family I should get rid of her because I'll end up bitten, but I find myself really caring about her!! It's weird!

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: roaland

I love snakes!! I had a ball python and a red tailed boa. The pictures I shared earlier are of my female ball python. She actually grew to be just over 7 feet long which is bigger than normal and she was always getting out of the tank we had her in, no matter what we stacked on top lol Ended up having to get rid of her when I got pregnant with my daughter because we were scared she'd get out and eat her! Our red tailed boa was previously owned by a crappy owner so he was constantly biting people. Still, they're awesome to show off.
edit on 30-12-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

yes they are! even my mom, who hates snakes is starting to warm up to Clarisse lol she'll come over and first thing she does is check on her lol she'll set up at night with the red light on and just watch her lol still can't get her to hold her yet but still working on it lol

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Holy crap! Your ball python grew to 7 foot! Thats huge. Most never exceed 4. I thought that was a bermese in the pictures.

My ball python topped off at 4 foot. She was gentile and sweet.

Had a 3 foot rosy boa who was also a sweetheart.

Had a Surinamese red tail (not a colombian) she got to be about 8 foot and wasvstill griwing. I eventually gave her up to the zoo for their breeding program. Her temperment was just too nasty. She bit me at that size about a dozen times. Which was no fun. So away ti the zoo for her.

I always wanted a blood python.
edit on 30-12-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I've got a lot of time for spiders now I'm over the phobia. My recovery from that started with compassion, the same as BASSPLYR.

I'd caught one in a box and intended to put it outside. Bravely I peered in at it expecting all the usual attitude but the poor little bugger was huddled in a corner. His vulnerability and the realisation that I was huge to him and had the power of life over death really helped change my feelings towards them.

I have found that they respond pretty well if you talk to them. If I ever found one scurrying about in the bath I'd tell it that I'd help and ask it to stay still and wait for me. Sure enough, I'd come back with a container and there'd be the spider, sitting quite still waiting for me. They'd hop into the container as good as gold.

Of course I do have the odd lapse. A couple of years ago I was out walking with a friend and found a spider upon my person. It had a small round body about the size of an M&M and very long spindly legs. "AAAAAAAAAAAggghhhh. It's on me. It's on me" you could have heard the squeaks for miles.

edit on 30-12-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I love snakes, but I love the furry critters they eat better. One day my Niece's Husband came out of his car with a box and around 4 or 5 small rats to feed his snake with. I asked if I could buy one. He gave it to me. So I rescued the poor little rat. Had it a few years anyway. The night it died, as weak as it was, it stood up on its log, which was amazing as it was so weak. I knew it wanted to be picked up. I picked her up and she wrapped her two little paws around my finger, like it was saying thank you and goodbye. The next morning she was dead.

I can't remember what kind of snake they had, but it was one that got huge. I even named it. I called her Lilly. LOL! They had it for years and it was always sweet and docile until one day when it bit their kid then it had to go. Their Son was always gentle with it, but it turned on him anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

So I rescued the poor little rat. Had it a few years anyway. The night it died, as weak as it was, it stood up on its log, which was amazing as it was so weak. I knew it wanted to be picked up. I picked her up and she wrapped her two little paws around my finger, like it was saying thank you and goodbye. The next morning she was dead.

Animals know , especially those that have been loved to death . I , well the family had a cocker spaniel that loved us more than we loved him if that was possible . On the day he died he went to all the kids rooms and stood in each one looking before laying next to me and passing away . This was told to me by my wife who started work before me and knew something was up with max . Swore of pets for a long time as him leaving us cut me up so much . Anyhow NS its close to midnight here (aus) have an absolutely great next year .

posted on Jan, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Awwww, I think animals know too.

Have a wonderful new year!

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Omg guys! She gave birth to a sac last night! Lol

They won't hatch for a couple weeks but my husband already talking about keeping them after they kill each other off and mating a female and male. O_o

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Will you be wanting more suggestions for names?

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah looks like too have a black widow pet in my apartment. Shes behind the book shelf and every time i try to catch her to throw her outside she scurries behind some books that i for one am not about to go sticking my fingers into. The only problem is shes habitating close to my laundry pile. Been trying to catch her since this time yesterday. I currently have a lamp shining right on her web to keep her put and not roaming.
edit on 2-1-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

OMG, you mean there will be more?????? Faints.

posted on Jan, 2 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Good Lord, that would freak me out knowing that thing is roaming around free wherever it pleases. Yikes! Remind me not to visit you or Page. Ok? LOL

posted on Jan, 3 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Congrats on your new, and interesting pet! I've never kept a Black Widow before, but I've heard their care is very similar to Mantis'.
I hope you've found her a name, and I wish you the best of luck keeping her.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Page seems to be missing. Maybe the mommy spider got loose.

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I've hesitated to ask any questions. I've been doing a little bit of research and apparently Black Widow spiders can be very protective of their eggs before they hatch.

I'm not sure if it's down to motherly instinct or if they don't want to give up their lunch, but I wouldn't want to risk putting my fingers in that jar.

Good luck, Page. It's a far, far better thing you do and all that.
edit on 7-1-2017 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I wouldn't even have the jar in the first place. Spiders are jut too darned creepy! It's been a fun and interesting thread though. I never thought I would last this long in one. LOL

posted on Jan, 8 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Haha no way. I don't want any of these baby ones

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join