It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bones of Japanese cryptozoologic creature go on display

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I never heard of this Kappa creature before, but some bones purported to be from it are going to be on display. Apparently there have been several mummies of it before and some are pictured in this article. I have no idea if they're genuine, but they're certainly interesting.

www.ancient-origins.net...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

This is actually great, i wish more cultures did the same to scare the S# out of the kids

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The one in the glass looks like a baby apalca

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
very interesting. I can see the resemblance to the salamander.
legend said if the 'bowl' on the head dried it was powerless; dry an amphibian and it dies. coincidence?

and I can see one grabbing a child (by the limb?) and hauling it away.

in the Mississippi they have a giant salamander called a hellbender. impressive critter.

www.hellbenders.org...

the kappa might have inspired Gappa
en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Triphibian_Monster
as well as Death Kappa
www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well we have tree frogs why not tree turtles.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Objects like these are known as 'gaffs.' Basically hoaxes designed and created for sideshows and also gullible Westerners visiting the 'mysterious Orient' back in the 18th and 19th centuries.

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

With an emphasis on "gullible".

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Well we have tree frogs why not tree turtles.

Where is that pond?

posted on Dec, 24 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
There is a series where this is investigated reasonably seriously

en.wikipedia.org...
River Monsters is a British and American wildlife documentary television programme produced for Animal Planet by Icon Films of Bristol, United Kingdom. It is hosted by extreme angler and biologist Jeremy Wade, who travels around the globe in search of the most fearsome freshwater killers, looking for clues, eyewitnesses, and stories about people who were dragged underwater by these vicious predators, he tries to catch the biggest specimens and then release them back into the wild.

He investigated the stories of the Kappa
www.dailymotion.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

I have lived on the east coast almost my entire life, I have NEVER heard of these guys. I spent most of that time around streams and rivers too.

That is crazy.

Also I kind of want one

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: acrux
There is a series where this is investigated reasonably seriously

en.wikipedia.org...
River Monsters is a British and American wildlife documentary television programme produced for Animal Planet by Icon Films of Bristol, United Kingdom. It is hosted by extreme angler and biologist Jeremy Wade, who travels around the globe in search of the most fearsome freshwater killers, looking for clues, eyewitnesses, and stories about people who were dragged underwater by these vicious predators, he tries to catch the biggest specimens and then release them back into the wild.

He investigated the stories of the Kappa
www.dailymotion.com...

Same thing happened to that child at Disney World a few months ago.
edit on 25-12-2016 by ScreamingNinjas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Objects like these are known as 'gaffs.' Basically hoaxes designed and created for sideshows and also gullible Westerners visiting the 'mysterious Orient' back in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Tarring every possible artifact with the same brush called "hoax" is not a very scientific way of discovering what the actual truth is. It is just a cheap way of disposing inconvenient evidence suggesting that the textbooks are incomplete. No scientist makes up his mind before making a dispassionate, forensic examination of the evidence. Only those who make scientific gaffs.

posted on Dec, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I was hoping it'd be the beast of bandai.

Still an intriguing creature.
edit on 25-12-2016 by PhantomOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Thanks for saving me the post! Perhaps people have no heard of DNA it is generally good to extract and identify the DNA to ascertain if it from a known or unknown species. Some people are GULLIBLE!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Kappa tales akways bring me a smile. Dobt believe in em but its a fun bit if folklore

new topics

top topics

join